BRAZIL visa's

hihilo

Has anyone had the experience of getting the Brazil visa from the Brazilian embassy / consulate ?? in New York City? Is this possible, as a walk-in / Or with a pre-arranged specific appt. time ?

I'm familiar with the VISA CENTRAL program/ scenario, as I used them earlier this year for China + India.

THKS in advance, for the good info that I K N O W will be forthcoming.

Not in NYC, but ATL. They organize consulate location you can go to and be seen by your address.

There were walk up people in ATL, but I had an appointment, and the walk-ups had to wait.

My appointment was on a Thursday morning, and I followed their process and had no problems at all. I Had my passport back on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone had the experience of getting the Brazil visa from the Brazilian embassy / consulate ?? in New York City? Is this possible, as a walk-in / Or with a pre-arranged specific appt. time ?

I'm familiar with the VISA CENTRAL program/ scenario, as I used them earlier this year for China + India.

THKS in advance, for the good info that I K N O W will be forthcoming.

No, sorry, I have no experience of obtaining a Brazilian visa in NYC, but here is the official website of the Consulate General of Brazil in NY.

http://novayork.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

The Consulate is on East 41 Street, just off First Avenue. A very pleasant walk from Grand Central Station. If you're in the neighborhood, you might want to pay a visit to the UN... down the street :)

Regards,

Salacia

I have since learned, that you have to deal with the embassy/ consulate that gives service to those in your state of residence.

Depending upon where in the USA you live, you are served by just that one embassy.

Mine would be Los Angeles. So I'm starting to think NY would not be a possibility for me. But I shall call them in the AM to nail it down.

THKS AGAIN !

Obtained ours in New York without difficulties or issues. Walked in, waited a bit, gave info and then returned a few days later. Very efficient and no problems. Enjoy your journey!

56 Cruises and Counting! Bon Voyage to my fellow CC's and smooth sailing.

Planning a vacay is almost as much fun as the vacay itself!!!