8 Day Cruise "Complimentary"??????

hollon

Has anyone gotten this postcard thru the mail w/ the RCCL Ship and logo on it, along w/ US Airlines, Just trying to figure out what it is, has anyone called the number that it says to call, just curious. Says no timeshare, etc, I know nothing is free in life, but so tempting :)

If its the one I have seen its for a travel club, and its pretty much a scam. Look for some small text saying that logos are the property of their respective owners or something.

Has anyone gotten this postcard thru the mail w/ the RCCL Ship and logo on it, along w/ US Airlines, Just trying to figure out what it is, has anyone called the number that it says to call, just curious. Says no timeshare, etc, I know nothing is free in life, but so tempting :)

Guess it wouldn't hurt to call, but like the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ;)

Scam. It is NOT FREE. You will pay for this cruise. There is another message board out there that did a rather in depth article on this company, as well as one of the poster's on the message board who followed through with the offer and documented eveything they went through.

The site rhymes with cruisebait, if that helps.

Yes, and the scammer know how temping it is. Proceed with caution and call RCCL to see if they who "they" are and if it legit travel company. Never give out a credit card # or send MO until you've verified all the "fine print." Unfortunately nothing in life is free.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to call, but like the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ;)

They will caller ID your number and start calling you. I made the mistake just calling and asking what they were. Ended up getting calls got the next two weeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WE get these postcards all the time. We have friends whose daughter worked for one of these companies. The 'Cruise' is basically a ride to the island. They drop you off and take a group back to pick up more people. You pay for transportation to the hotel, every bite of food, drink, taxes, tips and 'processing fees', then you pay for the hotel (they give you a discount if you use their hotel), food, etc. By the end, you end up paying more than you would for a regular cruise. Our advice would be to watch for specials and sales and do a conventional cruise.

Happy Cruising!

It's not really a scam...it's sort of like a time share. FWIW, we went a couple of months ago, because we thought we might be able to get a better deal on cruises than we are currently getting. They did offer some cruises, but, their prices weren't anything you couldn't also find online, and you had to pay to join their club. When we left we got out free cruise, we figured that would cost several hundred dollars and it was not clear we could pick the dates. I doubt we will us it, it's just sitting there.

Be careful - If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

I used to work for a travel club that sent these out (although for Carnival). Basically people had to come in and listen to the travel club sales pitch. Whether or not they bought in to the program we would give them a certificate for the free cruise.

The free cruise was very limited date wise, and would be an inside cabin, on an old ship, etc. the person still had to pay all port fees/taxes.

This wasn't a TOTAl scam, but it was a pain in the behind.

I talked to some members who enjoyed their free cruise, and others who had bad experiences.

If it sounds too good to be true...

Thanks for all who responded, I figured it was somewhat of a scam or timeshare type thing. It's nice to have wishful thinking, I have my Allure cruise set for May 2012, I guess we will do it the old fashion way and just pay the money :)

Two years ago we got a phone call from RCCL saying we had won a cruise. My OH wouldn't believe it, even thpugh we had been sent an email to confirm it. Rang RCL and asked to speak to the person who had phoned us. This confirmed it was not a scam. So we had a free 11 day cruise from Southampton to the Canaries on the Independence. This included gratuties and free parking.

We live in England and enter for the competions provided by RCCL on their website.

• 2 years later...

Yes, I will preface this with "if sounds to good . . .", of which I am fully aware.

The other day we received the infamous post card that others have mentioned on this site. Although the dates of previous posts are for 2011, it appears this is still happening. Because it has the Royal Caribbean logo and colors, I decided to call for further info. Yes, we are to attend a presentation and are responsible for fees, taxes (which is stated on the post card). I asked to bring a friend and was told there was not room. This sounded strange that the presentation could accommodate only 4 couples.

After reading the many posts, it's obvious I'm in for a "time share" clobbering. I'm wondering if we are still eligible for this "free" (ahem) cruise upon declining the purchase of a time share.

I will post the results of our experience.