Does Celebrity put cruises "on sale"?

cellap54

We love Celebrity and have cruised with them 4 times. I always compare prices with Celebrity and various travel agencies. I never see a discount or sale. Perhaps it's because we book a suite. Maybe I should look for the booking bonuses like on-board credit and pre-paid gratuties. Anyone have any opinions for me? Thanks

I've gotten a price reduction on a few X cruises when I was in the Penthouse. Most recently, they reduced our Solstice cruise last March by over $3000. No, that's not a misprint, the price went from nearly $12K to just over $7700. The reduction was given about three weeks before the cruise departed.

Look for Tuesday Happy Hour specials, on X's website. Also sign up for their last minute deals via email. You do this on their website.

Celebrity sometimes offers amazing deals on last minute bookings (inside of the final payment period). They will wait until final payments are made and then offer "new booking only" deals on cruises that have unsold space. These last minute bookings are great for retirees like us who can often pick-up and go on very short notice. When we look for these kind of deals we are not loyal to X or any other cruise line (we have cruised on 12 different lines). We usually have an approximate date in mind (such as early December) and will just look for whichever cruise line has the best deal.

Hank

Thanks everyone! My husband is retired but I am not so last minute doesn't work for me unfortunately!! I will check out the Happy Hour Specials. I can't believe the price reduction on the suite, $3000 WOW!

Marcie

Archived