Floor To Ceiling Windows?

Leo Jay

How do you identify which OV cabins have the large floor-to-ceiling windows? I'm looking on the Victory deck plans and don't see any indication of that in the legend or category descriptions -- does Triumph class just not have them, or am I missing something?

Or did I just make these cabins up?

:D

How do you identify which OV cabins have the large floor-to-ceiling windows? I'm looking on the Victory deck plans and don't see any indication of that in the legend or category descriptions -- does Triumph class just not have them, or am I missing something?

Or did I just make these cabins up?

:D

Hi Leo

We had F/C windows in a 6E on the Victory- Spa Deck

Any particular cabins in mind?:)

Hi Leo

We had F/C windows in a 6E on the Victory

I asked the PVP about them, and she listed the following as available: 1398 1424 2300 2320 2231 2415 2234 2263 -- but when I checked the deck plans, they look like garden variety OVs.

I asked the PVP about them, and she listed the following as available: 1398 1424 2300 2320 2231 2415 2234 2263 -- but when I checked the deck plans, they look like garden variety OVs.

According to Cruisedeckplans.. they are only on the Spa Deck.. the cabins you listed do not read F/C windows, while on the Spa Deck they do..

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/Members/Carnival/fleet/triumph/cabin_description/spa.htm

examples

Cabin 1111 (6E OSTW) 230 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: floor-to-ceiling window connecting doors: 1115TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 1112 (6E OSTW) 230 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: floor-to-ceiling window connecting doors: 1114TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 1114 (6E OST4) 230 sq ftBeds: twin/king-1 upper-1 sofabed rab:1View: floor-to-ceiling window connecting doors: 1112TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

What cabin were you in? I don't see a single 6E anywhere on the deck plans. Though I do need glasses...

I dont see 6E listed either on Cruise deck plans.. But the F/C windows are listed on the Spa Deck.. (see above)

We were either in 1102 or 03.. I dont remember LOL!!

Hi Leo

We had F/C windows in a 6E on the Victory- Spa Deck

Ah, Spa Deck... that's waaay too high for me. I'm surprised I was even aware of those cabins, then -- I never scope out cabins that high up! I had no idea OVs even existed up that high -- I thought everything up there was a balcony.

:o

Thanks all.

Ah, Spa Deck... that's waaay too high for me. I'm surprised I was even aware of those cabins, then -- I never scope out cabins that high up! I had no idea OVs even existed up that high -- I thought everything up there was a balcony.

:o

Thanks all.

My son and I were on the Valor and had f/c windows on the spa deck..it was very nice. the next best thing to a balcony. the room was really roomy...really enjoyed it

My son and I were on the Valor and had f/c windows on the spa deck..it was very nice. the next best thing to a balcony. the room was really roomy...really enjoyed it
What's the selling point? Up that high, wouldn't they generally as expensive, or more, than a balcony on a lower deck? Or not?

well, i got lucky:D and and recd an upgrade, i didnt actually pay for the f/c room. My best guess would be if you had little ones, and wanted to best view w/out the fear of a balcony. the view is just spectacular...really, you see more ocean than even the balcony. sitting at the window with a cup of coffee was really nice. they have great curtains that block the light if you want to sleep in too...

Wanderlust88,

There is a thread out there asking asking questions about the

[ Valor spa deck cabins ]. A few people had questions about those particular cabins and the spa deck in general. Would you check out that thread and see if you could answer a few questions. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Julie

I think they are on the conquest class and I believe they are on the lido decks....I have seen photos of them so you are remembering that they do exist.

Nice to see someone close to home on here....I live about 15 minutes from Elon down Hwy 87. I think the Floor to Ceiling Windows are 5A rooms on the Triumph.

Nice to see someone close to home on here....I live about 15 minutes from Elon down Hwy 87. I think the Floor to Ceiling Windows are 5A rooms on the Triumph.

5A are port holes, except on spirit class. I think the reason triumph on cruisedeckplans doesnt show the 6Es but still shows them on Carnival is because triumph is about to get them converted and Carnival just hasnt updated the deck plans yet.

I took my family on the Conquest back in May of 2008. We had two adjoining rooms on the Spa deck. The view was breathe taking! I highly recommend these rooms for families with kids. They were the best!!!

I took my family on the Conquest back in May of 2008. We had two adjoining rooms on the Spa deck. The view was breathe taking! I highly recommend these rooms for families with kids. They were the best!!!

Looking at the photo in a previous post, I would think they would be ideal for families, especially those with smaller children that might enjoy playing with toys on the floor. The angle of the f/c window allows a bit more floor space, but only if you're very short! ;)

The view looks wonderful.

I THINK I remember someone on our roll call on the Freedom last year saying they'd been upgraded to a room on the Spa Deck and that they had floor-to-ceiling windows. I didn't know their room was that fabulous! I'd have been more jealous! *LOL*

Conquest doesnt lose these 6Es until the end of January 09 so you'all still have time to grab one and enjoy it.

We were on the Conquest in March with a Spa cabin. Absolutely loved the f/c window! You could see so much, including dolphins and other sealife. I liked the extra space and since my boys were old enough to be on their own I didnt have to worry about them being in the room alone out on a balcony. Planning another cruise in '10 on this ship and I was so disappointed to hear they are doing away with these cabins. It was quiet and the Lido deck was just steps away. I guess they can get more $$ for them if they are balconies. Perhaps they should have took a survey......:mad:

HI We actually live in Burlington also. My son graduated from Elon in 2006!!! Happy cruising...

I am a bit disappointed that they are converting these to balconies, I loved these rooms, the view was spectacular. These rooms are also a little bigger!

MAC

Count me in as disappointed! I booked one on the Liberty...come to find out they're converting them to balconies the week before I sail :rolleyes:

Archived