Minerva, 4th Dec 2014, Burma And Beyond

lorsin

Anyone else doing this cruise? so looking forward to this sailing, mid winter here, and wishing I had a closer trip planned! Must not complain, Queensland weather is good all year round. Losin

• 1 month later...
Anyone else doing this cruise? so looking forward to this sailing, mid winter here, and wishing I had a closer trip planned! Must not complain, Queensland weather is good all year round. Losin

No Reply as yet! 3 months out, and looking forward to this cruise. I am looking at Visa's for Sri Lanka and Burma, I know the ship covers for their excursions, but I might want to go for a wander on my own, or dinner on shore at overnight ports! I fly in early hours of the 4th, but have arranged hotel and transfers, It's a long haul from Australia, and to fly in during the day was almost twice the cost, and as Minerva does not sail till the 5th, there shouldn't be problems if my flight is delayed.

Anyone else on this cruise to meet for drinks first night on board? Lorraine

• 1 month later...
No Reply as yet! 3 months out, and looking forward to this cruise. I am looking at Visa's for Sri Lanka and Burma, I know the ship covers for their excursions, but I might want to go for a wander on my own, or dinner on shore at overnight ports! I fly in early hours of the 4th, but have arranged hotel and transfers, It's a long haul from Australia, and to fly in during the day was almost twice the cost, and as Minerva does not sail till the 5th, there shouldn't be problems if my flight is delayed.

Anyone else on this cruise to meet for drinks first night on board? Lorraine

Less than 2 months to go, and getting excited!

I am about to sort visa's, Have bought a nice cocktail dress for formal wear, not really in need of that sort of dress at home, but did enjoy shopping, sparkly tops and dress black pants are what I go for. still looking for tops with sleeves to cover shoulders, as required for temple visits, only one at present, as here in Queensland, sleevless is best in the heat. Looking forward to shopping in Singapore for Christmas gifts. Cheers Lorraine

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lorsin

I will be on board, busy looking at the weather stats for each place we are visiting. From UK we have limited luggage allowance which is a challenge at 20kilos. It is a factor and limits options for evening wear.

Hi Lorsin

I will be on board, busy looking at the weather stats for each place we are visiting. From UK we have limited luggage allowance which is a challenge at 20kilos. It is a factor and limits options for evening wear.

Hello there, how is the weather looking? That was one of the first things I checked, I am not into the full on evening wear, one cocktail dress, black pants and glimmer tops otherwise, all are roll up, so no crushing, it's the covered shoulders for visiting temples that I have had to think about, here in sunny Queensland, sleeveless is the go. My cabin share is from England, we hooked up on this site.

Would you care to meet up for pre dinner drinks in the Shackelton Bar first night on board? I shall be carrying a dark red leather glasses case with flower motif, mid 60's, short brown hair, female, Lorraine is my name, and Jeannie my cabin mate.

Cheers for now.

Sure to meet up on board, there are only 350 passengers, if shes' full.. Remember dinner now is open dining , so no set time.

I will look out for you both. Happy packing.... Karen

Packing is almost sorted, I have bought a mini travel hair straightener, so gave it a good workout this morning to be sure I can handle it well enough! not to bad, as long as I am not in a big hurry. almost there, getting excited now, see you on board at some time, cheers Lorraine.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Lorsin

My daughter had an MRI last Saturday15th, and the news is bad, Tumor at the base of her brain, extending to and around her spinal cord, surgery Monday 24th, I am not sure if Jeannie was allowed to keep her booking without me, I can only hope so!

Do enjoy the cruise, and have a few coldies for me! That's Aussy speak for drinks! Lorraine Sinclair

Lorraine, I have been lurking on this thread and reading your posts because we enjoyed our visit to Burma/Myanmar so much. I hope your daughter's surgery on Monday is successful and she is quickly restored to health.

• 7 months later...

Is anyone going on the Minerva's Christmas cruise from Barbados to Cartagena ? Has anyone been on Minerva since her time in dry dock in Singapore in Feb.2015.?Has any progress been made on eliminating the noise in stern cabins ? I am booked in cabin B51 from Barbados to Lima and hope it is quiet

We were in B47 (next cabin along) for an Iceland cruise about 4 years ago and it was absolutely fine. It does not take much to stop me sleeping so I would have remembered even the mildest of problems. That was just before they had the big refit and added more balcony cabins though so I do not know if that affected anything.

If you want feedback on cabins on Minerva or I suggest you start a new thread with a title that asks what you want to know - good luck with your research.