phoenix reisen

seabourndt

FANTASTIC!!!!

i was looking at kroooz cams as usual and looked at the phoenix reisen cams. at the bottom of the cam there were3-4 words in german. i clicked on them and HEY! PRESTO!! there are menu's and daily program in full for that day in german but what a great idea!!!

as iam going on MAXIM GORKY next month this a great idea

dave

That does sound like a good feature. I'll try and check it out.

I am very interested to take a cruise with Phoenix for the itinerary reason more than anything else, but I am an English speaker only. How do you think I would get along. I am not worried about being sat alone for dinner, or not really understanding the announcements or entertainment. But I still would have to check in, take excursions, make complaints etc.. Is there an English host or an English translation of the daily schedule. Do you know if any English only guests will likely be aboard.

i'm not sure if there will ve any english aboard, i doubt it though. we have got a group onboard so they are having to change menu's into english n ot sure what else thewy will change, have to wait and see. a couple also from ols have already done this cruise and neither speak german and think thery coped ok. it will be interestyingn howb it goes especiallly will the excursion that i want to join io understand that there will be different nationalities that will speak some english and a guess our tour guide will understand a bit of enlish so will be ok i think. we are alspo doing a ship visit on ALBATROS(i'd like to try her) and AMADEA. unfortunatly only these 2 ships seem to have the menu's and daily programs (was hoping MAXIM GORKY would have it)

dave

Thanks for the reply.

I see where coming from now, as some of the ships do have english menus it should be fair to assume one or two passengers only speak english. So that kind of got my spirits up. However, I have not booked yet.

I have also noticed on the English speaking cruises a number of Germans around, but these might not be the same kind of Germans as on the Phoenix cruises.

Let me know how you get on. I am subscribed to this thread so even you post in many weeks time I should find your post.

yes it will be very interesting,if it is possible togo on say the albastros i would like to do it in the future. will see on the ship visit we are doing. would have been nice to try lunch but they were asking for extra money for that and in advance so just doing the visit.

where are you from the states?

dave

• 2 weeks later...

well a week today i shall bne in my hotel in bremerhaven waiting the board MAXIM GORKY the next morning as well as the ship visit on ALBATROS which we are not being chjarged for. there is no engish done bfor us aparently strange as i thought they were doing things in english hence us going. we we will have a great tiume. no engine room or bridge visits unless they can get one whilst onboard but i doubt it! looking forward to going on her

gor ba piece of paper as a cruise ticket but understand more is ton cpome with a prper bagge label.

dave

• 3 years later...
FANTASTIC!!!!

i was looking at kroooz cams as usual and looked at the phoenix reisen cams. at the bottom of the cam there were3-4 words in german. i clicked on them and HEY! PRESTO!! there are menu's and daily program in full for that day in german but what a great idea!!!

as iam going on MAXIM GORKY next month this a great idea

dave

I'm considering one of their Indian Ocean cruises in April. While I enjoy German food, I'm uncertain that I want to be plunged into a German speaking community for two weeks, which although I am sure all crew and many passengers would speak English, means I would necessarily be left out of many things such as enrichment. Since I have no idea if I have any commitments for April, I have no plans to book for some time.

• 3 years later...

Just back - we went with German speaking friends to translate - worked out OK (MV Calypso - Rhine, Mosel and Saar.

Phoenix Reisen who operates the cruise was a problem: Port visits when every shop is closed, leaving before any shop is open, Luxembourg duty free close on Sunday. Lame schedule.