Smuggling on Booze.?.?

lucky 69

On the NCL Dawn how hard is it to bring a liquor bottle on board ? And if you cant bring it on can you buy it on the ship to drink it in your cabin ? I know there is a duty free shop but if I'm not mistaken they give it back to you after the cruise.....

On the NCL Dawn how hard is it to bring a liquor bottle on board ? And if you cant bring it on can you buy it on the ship to drink it in your cabin ? I know there is a duty free shop but if I'm not mistaken they give it back to you after the cruise.....

NCL is very strict about liquor being brought onboard but it has been done with the rum runner products.

You can order a bar set up for your cabin and yes the duty free onboard the give back to you on the last night.

She meant Rum Runner Flasks. You'll have to excuse her, she's preparing for a cruise. :p

OP ~ Like she said, you may want to look into a "bar setup" for your cabin. It includes liquor and the glasses.

Email groupeventdawn@ncl.com and inquire about ordering a bar setup. Price ranges from $63 to $103/liter.

Let's take a look at all of the worms that were in the can you just opened...:rolleyes:

For starters, I can't help but notice that you are sailing on the Dawn Princess. Its not that you're not welcome here (which you are), but you do realize that this is the NCL board and not the Princess board, right?

As to how hard it is....well, that depends on how hard they look. You will get as many opinions as there are people to give them.

On NCL, they will take the booze and hold it until the end of the cruise. Anything you buy in the duty free shops will likewise be held until the end of the cruise.

Just an aside. I notice from looking at your post that I can see where you are from (Manville, NJ). Additionally, I can see which ship you are sailing on along with the date of your sailing from your countdown clock. Armed with this basic information it wouldn't take a computer genius to search a ships manifest to identify who exactly you might be...a great way for the cruise line to identify which luggage to really scan extra carefully...and the cruiselines DO read these boards.

If I were planning on smuggling alcohol, I certainly wouldn't advertise my intentions! ;)

She meant Rum Runner Flasks. You'll have to excuse her, she's preparing for a cruise. :p

OP ~ Like she said, you may want to look into a "bar setup" for your cabin. It includes liquor and the glasses.

Email groupeventdawn@ncl.com and inquire about ordering a bar setup. Price ranges from $63 to $103/liter.

Hah Angie I was still in the edit time, changed it LOL

Let's take a look at all of the worms that were in the can you just opened...:rolleyes:

Just an aside. I notice from looking at your post that I can see where you are from (Manville, NJ). Additionally, I can see which ship you are sailing on along with the date of your sailing from your countdown clock. Armed with this basic information it wouldn't take a computer genius to search a ships manifest to identify who exactly you might be...a great way for the cruise line to identify which luggage to really scan extra carefully...and the cruiselines DO read these boards.

If I were planning on smuggling alcohol, I certainly wouldn't advertise my intentions! ;)

And they say Sharks aren't smart !!!!!:D:D

For starters, I can't help but notice that you are sailing on the Dawn Princess. Its not that you're not welcome here (which you are), but you do realize that this is the NCL board and not the Princess board, right?

! ;)

I never even looked that they were on the wrong board. Maybe they don't realize they are on Princess :eek:

I never even looked that they were on the wrong board. Maybe they don't realize they are on Princess :eek:

I figure its either that or they messed up when they made the countdown clock...they did say "NCL Dawn" in the original post. I figure they'll correct it eventually.

As to how hard it is....well, that depends on how hard they look. You will get as many opinions as there are people to give them.

On NCL, they will take the booze and hold it until the end of the cruise. Anything you buy in the duty free shops will likewise be held until the end of the cruise.

Well with all the info I gave....and with all your knowledge if you cant figure the ship and cruise line I'm on how will they....

OK...Wink...you're scaring me :eek:

How do you manage...in Reply #12...to quote the post put up AFTER yours (Reply #13) ??? :confused:

That is one heck of a trick!

.....never mind....I just figured it out! (Still a good trick, though)

OK...Wink...you're scaring me :eek:

How do you manage...in Reply #12...to quote the post put up AFTER yours (Reply #13) ??? :confused:

That is one heck of a trick!

.....never mind....I just figured it out! (Still a good trick, though)

I'm goooood. I'm very, very gooood. LOL

The rum runners are hard to detect. But about 6 months ago, there was a rash of posts here saying NCL found them anyway. Lately, haven't heard anything more. Get the bar set up, one less headache. Selling booze is how the lines make money, so if they don't make money on the booze, they have to cut things, or raise fares.

Don't worry, NCL isn't the CIA... They aren't going to compare your info here against their manifest. Knowing NCL, they probably have neither the time or knowledge to do that.

I overheard a couple on my last cruise saying their Rum Runners were found and confiscated.:eek:

OP.. they will probably find your smuggled stuff..Just say NO to smuggling!:p

Winnie, do you know if they were found in their carryon's or in their checked luggage?

I seriously doubt they were spotted in their checked bags.

Winnie, do you know if they were found in their carryon's or in their checked luggage?

I seriously doubt they were spotted in their checked bags.

I'm sorry but I didn't hear which luggage. The couple were at the table next to mine talking with others and I only overheard a little of the conversation. When I heard rum runners my ears perked up tho!;)

OP.. yes, they will catch you and you will have to go to the naughty room and people who see you there will be pointing you out to others all over the ship and you may be laughed at.:eek:

Archived