Afternoon Tea on Ruby Princess

tjcletsgo

Hello, we are sailing to Mexico on the Ruby in December and would like to try the afternoon tea. What is good and what isn't? I saw a youtube video and am very glad that the food is passed instead of pre-plated on a tray. I don't want to over eat so I just want to have 2 or 3 items.

What's good?

Thanks so much!

Afternoon Tea is usually served between 3:30pm - 4:30pm in one of the dining rooms (see Patter for location). There are scones with cream and jam, little cakes and cookies, and little sandwiches to choose from. Select as much or as little as you would like! The waiters will come around frequently should you like more of anything and refills of tea.

My favourites are the sandwiches - egg salad if they have them.

Cheers.

Regarding time...on our cruise in August on the Crown it was 3-4pm.....the first time in several years that we experienced an adjustment to the time but maybe that was just on our Scandinavian sailing.

Some say that it is not as nice as other cruise lines, that have it available.

But we have always enjoyed it very much on Princess.

small sandwiches, cookies, hot scones, jam and cream and an assortment of petite desserts

Servers bring trays around so you can make your selection.

Each day there is a different selection of everything, scones usually are the same.

Prepared tea is Lipton but you can have your choice of others they will just bring the hot water and a tea bag.

Thanks all, someone said they have scones in the Horizon Court at the same time, is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually Aft of Horizon court at Cafe Caribe...where they serve snacks after Horizon is closed. At least that was our experience on the Crown in August. Never even knew it was available until this cruise as we wanted to take some scones to go and they directed us up there.

The scones, jam and clotted cream are a must. :) on our last cruise, they must have been a little late in putting the scones in the oven one afternoon as the scones didn't start showing up till about 20 mins after the beginning of afternoon tea. Closest thing I've seen to a potential mutiny on a cruise ship! :)

They will also serve coffe at afternoon tea if you would prefer (my wife doesn't like tea, so opts for that instead)

Do you need reservations? And I assume there is an additional charge? Does anyone know how much it is?

On the Royal class ships there's a fancier afternoon tea (AKAIK in addition to the regular afternoon tea). There is a charge for that, not sure if reservations are required or if you just show up and show your card. Someone on here will likely fill in the details.

They will also serve coffe at afternoon tea if you would prefer (my wife doesn't like tea, so opts for that instead)

I've always wanted to go to the tea, but I don't like tea. Glad to know they will serve coffee. I do love me some coffee.

Thanks for that info!

FYI...You can request other teas. I prefer chamomile and when ordered they bring it. You can also ask for sugar-free desserts and they will bring something. A nice way to enjoy the afternoon before dinner and meet other people there.

Tom😎