Weetabix?

ellie1145

Do they have Weetabix on board Star?

It's baby grandson's favourite breakfast and we want to make sure he has it, so if not we will need to buy some before we board in Venice.

I know there are many cereals available but many of them are high sugar and not suitable for children. He is not used to added sugar on anything.

Thank you!

You could put some in your hold luggage, in a zip lock bag. I doubt you'd find it in Venice, not near the port anyway or in local food shops, be very surprised.

When are you sailing, he may be on to the next thing by then?!

Hubby had Shreddies. Most cereals are the 10 x small Kellogg's box size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have Weetabix on board Star?

It's baby grandson's favourite breakfast and we want to make sure he has it, so if not we will need to buy some before we board in Venice.

I know there are many cereals available but many of them are high sugar and not suitable for children. He is not used to added sugar on anything.

Thank you!

There will be some no-sugar added cereals. Probably not Weetabix. Perhaps you can use this as an opportunity further develop his ability to cope with change.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would update you on the Weetabix saga!

I managed to get hold of some individually wrapped Weetabix which I packed in my hand luggage. On arrival in Venice we tried 2 supermarkets but neither stocked this elusive cereal.

So armed with my packets of Weetabix I happily presented my grandson with his usual breakfast - and would you believe he turned his nose up at it and wolfed down sausages beans and hash browns instead. Followed by strawberries which the great staff in the buffet managed to find for him 3 times each day.

Kids, eh? Who'd have 'em?

Well obviously he is my much loved grandchild so I guess it didn't take long for me to forgive him.... Oh, and the Weetabix went in the bin!

Kids, gotta love em! If that's the worst thing that happened on your vacation, then I think it was a pretty successful one :D

Well my grandson certainly enjoyed his first cruise! He was spoiled rotten by all the staff who high fived him whenever they saw him, picked up endless toys he threw on the floor in the hopes that they would do just that, brought him a bowl of strawberries 3 times a day in the buffet, and nodded approvingly whenever they saw him asleep in his buggy.

Oh, and despite being a terrible sleeper he slept like a log for 11 hours most nights, and even slept through dinner in the MDR, in his buggy, despite all the noise. Kids certainly surprise you all the time!

So yes, it was pretty successful! ;):)