Changes in Platinum/Elite Lounge

Nrknits

Someone on the Royal right now just reported that the Platinum/Elite Lounge drinks are now 6.50, up from 5.00 and the drink menu has completely changed. New drinks: Boulevardiar, Mayan Mule, Port Lemonade, Mint Lemon Drop, Limon Mojito, Floradora, Cherry Blossom Garden, Deep Sea Martini.

Someone on the Royal right now just reported that the Platinum/Elite Lounge drinks are now 6.50, up from 5.00 and the drink menu has completely changed. New drinks: Boulevardiar, Mayan Mule, Port Lemonade, Mint Lemon Drop, Limon Mojito, Floradora, Cherry Blossom Garden, Deep Sea Martini.

I hope not, especially the drink list. Either this is a very early April Fools joke or someone was pulling your leg (I hope ;))

I hope not, especially the drink list. Either this is a very early April Fools joke or someone was pulling your leg (I hope ;))

They posted the new drink menu on a FB group, they are on the Royal right now.

Hope this works, picture of the new menu:

file:///C:/Users/nancy/Documents/Doc2.pdf

not working, not sure how to post a picture of the menu

Edited by Nrknits
link not working

I would try the Mayan Mule.

Ingredients:

2 parts Milagro Reposado Tequila

0.5 parts Lime Juice

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

3 parts Ginger Beer

Mint Sprigs and Lime Wheel, for garnish

I wonder how they are going to make it though, because the ships only have ginger ale and not ginger beer. It probably won't taste right, just like the Moscow Mules that they make with ginger ale don't have the same taste as the ones made with ginger beer.

I think I attached a pdf of the menu. Hope that helps.
The menu doesn't sound very appealing to me. It also appears that the daily food and drink pairings are gone which may result in reduced options and quality. We usually eat early and don't get there often, reserving our visits for days when the margarita, mojito, or port were offered. Looks like that benefit became pretty worthless to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Before the AIBP it was a nice perk. Now we get the AIBP so the reduced drink cost is not really a factor. The last couple of times we went it was so crowded that it took forever to get drinks and the munchies were average. So now I think we'll just get some snacks from the buffet or IC, our beverages of choice and have our own P/E Lounge in the cabin.

The new drinks don't seem too great, but the old ones weren't that great either. Chairman, yes. When only the others were offered, we ordered different drinks or didn't go. Maybe the new appetizers will be biscuits and peanut butter to save a little cash.

Boo.....Hiss.....I will miss my El Mejor marg! :(

$6.50. What a deal. :rolleyes:

That's my dad's favorite too!

So I guess they are raising the prices and offering drinks that no one wants? It makes no sense to me. :confused:

Boo.....Hiss.....I will miss my El Mejor marg! :(

$6.50. What a deal. :rolleyes:

The el mejor is about the only drink we'll get from their specials. I guess no more lounge snacks for me!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

The el mejor is about the only drink we'll get from their specials. I guess no more lounge snacks for me!

Likewise for me regarding the El Mejor. But the changed drink menu is no reason not to go for the hors d'oeuvres. You're not restricted to the special drinks - you just pay normal price for the rest. Assuming the same hors d'oeuvres, still worth going.

Ironically for Princess, this is likely to reduce my beverage spending. Last cruise was typically PES reception for an El Mejor Margarita, then the Wheelhouse for a glass of wine, then to late TD (with more wine at dinner). With the change, probably just a single glass of wine before dinner (plus wine at dinner).

Maybe they are just just testing it out on this ship

and it's not on all the ships.

Just go and eat the snacks don't buy the

drinks and then maybe they will go back

to the old drinks.

Regardless........

The drink special started at $2.99. :(

Just go and eat the snacks don't buy the drinks and then maybe they will go backto the old drinks.

I wonder when they will go back to the old snacks. There was always a featured dish for the night with the usual nuts/cheese/olives/veggies. I particularly miss the beef Tar-Tare with a thin slice of onion salt/pepper on a small piece of rye bread. Quite good and usually worked well with whatever the drink of the day happened to be.