Port Canaveral question

cltdad

As a DCL newbie, I've never been to PC. Sailing on the 16th on the Fantasy, Or, at least I hope that we are. Getting a little ahead of myself but what is the infrastructure like there. I am assuming that there were good building codes in place when the new terminal was built but can it withstand 120-130 mph winds? What's are other east coast FL ports that can accommodate the Fantasy if PC can't reopen? I am thinking that DCL wouldnt want to go 2 consecutive weeks without sailings so they will find a way to go somewhere...

When PC was closed due to a hurricane, we went out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). That was determined before the hurricane even hit. DCL did provide complimentary transportation from WDW or MCO to the new port.

You are getting ahead of yourself....yes, the terminal was built to withstand a mighty storm, but there can be damage to the docks, etc. In our case, we were able to come back in to PC 4 days later. You will just have to wait and see whether it does hit the port and what it does. DCL will use another port if possible. You are right--they don't want to lose more cruises than necessary!

given that the storm is probably gonna hit Miami, Everglades, Canaveral and Jax and even TAMPA will see Tropical Storm force winds (and there is the problem of clearance under the Skyway Bridge) ,,,

the 'alternate port plan' gets a wee bit complicated.

Note CG is moving planes & helos from Miami to Alabama for storm protection.