OK, so has the Fantasy made any move back towards FL?

cltdad

Is there any reports as to how hard Port Canaveral was hit? Even if it wasn't hit hard, will the supply of food, beverage and fuel be up and running to provision the ships? Will the employees even be available to work? (they may have their own issues that are a priority).

Hello,

We are working on an updated story on Florida ports today, but the most recent version so far is here: Florida Cruise Ports Shut Down for Hurricane Irma. For the latest updates, please refer to Cruise Critic's news page.

All the best,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Until the COTP (USCoast Guard Captain Of The Port) officially re-opens the port for ship traffic, no ship can enter the port or even position off the entrance to wait. It's primarily to keep the port available for emergency traffic or further evacuation. I'm sure I recall them saying that nothing would be done for Port Canaveral (I can't speak about Miami) until at least Tuesday where there will be the next official announcement.

It doesn't look like the Fantasy has moved' date=' but the Dream is much farther north than yesterday. She was hanging out right next to the Fantasy, and is now moving toward PC.[/quote']

Do you think it's heading back toward PC or perhaps to Castaway cay to drop off the cast members it picked up last week?

Until the COTP (USCoast Guard Captain Of The Port) officially re-opens the port for ship traffic, no ship can enter the port or even position off the entrance to wait. It's primarily to keep the port available for emergency traffic or further evacuation. I'm sure I recall them saying that nothing would be done for Port Canaveral (I can't speak about Miami) until at least Tuesday where there will be the next official announcement.
Carnival announced last night at 9:30 AM the following:
John Heald

**Update – 9/12/17 – 9:30 PM (EDT)**

PORT CANAVERAL

GOOD NEWS! PORT CANAVERAL HAS REOPENED!

Carnival Magic will dock tomorrow morning.

Carnival Magic – September 9

Scheduled to depart Port Canaveral on September 13 for a 3 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau.

Embarkation time: Please adhere to pre-selected arrival appointment. All guests must arrive no later than 3:00PM.

Presumably, this means that DCL can also start getting back to normal operations out of the port.