Hurricane Jose Diverts Regal Princess

kiwi sailor

We are currently aboard the Regal Princess on the Trans-Atlantic crossing. The Captain announced this morning that we will now not be calling at Boston and Newport as we will be taking a more southerly direction to avoid Hurricane Jose. At present we have very calm seas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the update. We will be on the Regal in a few weeks. Sounds like the captain is making the right decision and keeping everyone safe. Will you ship go straight to New York?

Yes, the current plan is to go to NY arriving Saturday morning. More news as it is announced.

We're on the Regal TA too. We're enjoying the ship and the cruise. We're sorry to miss Boston and Newport RI but we've been to both before and I'm sure will visit them again. We love the variety of music played around the ship and some of the shows. Love having the International Cafe ... wish NCL had something similar.

Love our deck 8 larger angled "obstructed" balcony. Pretty happy that we changed from the forward facing L101 because our central lower location will be much better if we run into rough seas.

Going to read the boards for a few minutes then sign off because internet is very slow and need to conserve minutes.

Changes in itinerary can happen on transatlantic cruises even due to unnamed storms.

In April 2015 on the Regal from Ft Lauderdale our eastbound crossing was modified from a North Atlantic crossing via Halifax to a more southern route via the Azores due to a storm.

We are currently aboard the Regal Princess on the Trans-Atlantic crossing. The Captain announced this morning that we will now not be calling at Boston and Newport as we will be taking a more southerly direction to avoid Hurricane Jose. At present we have very calm seas.

Did they offer any onboard credit for the loss of two ports?

Regal is now scheduled to get to NY a day early to avoid Jose (Friday instead of Saturday). By my count, that just puts the Regal *more* in the way of Jose, but I'm sure Princess knows better than me :)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/18/princess-cruises-ship-races-new-york-ahead-jose/677905001/

Regal is now scheduled to get to NY a day early to avoid Jose (Friday instead of Saturday). By my count, that just puts the Regal *more* in the way of Jose, but I'm sure Princess knows better than me :)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/18/princess-cruises-ship-races-new-york-ahead-jose/677905001/

Jose is supposed to hit Massachusetts tomorrow night into Wednesday so the Regal should be safe on Saturday :)

NYC forecast for Friday and Saturday:

Friday

partly_cloudy_day@2x.pngrain_ico_0@2x.pngPartly cloudy today with a high of 79 °F (26.1 °C) and a low of 65 °F (18.3 °C).

Saturday

partly_cloudy_day@2x.pngrain_ico_0@2x.pngPartly cloudy today with a high of 82 °F (27.8 °C) and a low of 64 °F (17.8 °C).

We're on the Regal TA too. We're enjoying the ship and the cruise. We're sorry to miss Boston and Newport RI but we've been to both before and I'm sure will visit them again. We love the variety of music played around the ship and some of the shows. Love having the International Cafe ... wish NCL had something similar.

Love our deck 8 larger angled "obstructed" balcony. Pretty happy that we changed from the forward facing L101 because our central lower location will be much better if we run into rough seas.

Going to read the boards for a few minutes then sign off because internet is very slow and need to conserve minutes.

Would love to hear more about your obstructed balcony. We have just booked E 701 for a Feb cruise and are wondering how obstructed!

Would love to hear more about your obstructed balcony. We have just booked E 701 for a Feb cruise and are wondering how obstructed!

This helpful website created by CC participant Renmar shows obstructed balcony photos that passengers have submitted to him & E701 shows no obstructions when looking out from the balcony.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald