St. Lucia and Barbados for Eastern Carib?

az-cruiser

Wouldn't it be great if NCL changed the eastern carib itin to St. Lucia and Barbados? If they cut out Nassau, it should be completely doable. Any thoughts?:champagne-toast:

And miss Nassau???? Who in their right mind would want to miss Nassau?:')

Wouldn't it be great if NCL changed the eastern carib itin to St. Lucia and Barbados? If they cut out Nassau, it should be completely doable. Any thoughts?:champagne-toast:

Just got letter from NCL. Said no go on dec 16 to VI and Tortola. Said about two weeks will let us know where we will go. But hey, on vac, in the islands, it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got letter from NCL. Said no go on dec 16 to VI and Tortola. Said about two weeks will let us know where we will go. But hey, on vac, in the islands, it's all good.

I got the same email for our Nov cruise. Just sitting here dreaming of ports we may go to! I know the usual w. carib ports are going to be super busy starting the week of Thanksgiving, all the Alaska ships are going to reposition into the carib and they need to find new ports too!

It will be interesting to see what ports they come up with for those of that have eastern carb itins. The western carib ports are going to be swamped.

I'm with you, any day on a boat is a good day! :D

I got the same email for our Nov cruise. Just sitting here dreaming of ports we may go to! I know the usual w. carib ports are going to be super busy starting the week of Thanksgiving, all the Alaska ships are going to reposition into the carib and they need to find new ports too!

It will be interesting to see what ports they come up with for those of that have eastern carb itins. The western carib ports are going to be swamped.

I'm with you, any day on a boat is a good day! :D

Still looking forward to our cruise, no matter where we go.

This would be a stretch for a 7 nt. sailing as it would take 2 sea days to get to Barbados from any FL port. Maybe some of the islands that are further north would be doable, such as Martinique, St. Croix, Antigua - but we'll have to see how they fare after Maria.

This would be a stretch for a 7 nt. sailing as it would take 2 sea days to get to Barbados from any FL port. Maybe some of the islands that are further north would be doable, such as Martinique, St. Croix, Antigua - but we'll have to see how they fare after Maria.

Hi, So this is how i would dream of it playing out....Board ship 1st day, 2nd and 3rd day sea days, 4th day St. Lucia, 5th day Barbados, 6th day a sea day, home by the 7th day!

Just dreaming!

I don't think it is doable on a seven day cruise out of Miami, because those ports are too far south. You also need to realize that those ports are very small and the luxury lines already call on them and have most of the infrastructure booked up.

Having spent a week on St. Lucia (on an all inclusive resort) and visited there on 2 separate cruises ( one day each time) if anything this is the one place my husband &I I choose not go visit.

Barbados however is a port that we would runoff the ship & return with such a lovely expience

But you see - really, it's all what 'floats your boat'

Enjoy your trip whatever you choose to do

Hi, So this is how i would dream of it playing out....Board ship 1st day, 2nd and 3rd day sea days, 4th day St. Lucia, 5th day Barbados, 6th day a sea day, home by the 7th day!

Just dreaming!

Yep! And actually the 7th day will be another sea day. You don't have to get back until technically the 8th morning. I think it's doable but cruise lines seem to like to have at least 3 ports for a 7 night cruise.

Speaking for myself I wouldn't mind such an itinerary at all.

This itinerary is not doable on a 7 night cruise. We have been to Aruba and Curacao several times on a cruise and it's always been an 8 nt. cruise.

Bev how do you find cruises like the ones below that you mentioned the Salute to Veterans Cruise? My husband is a veteran of the Vietnam war and I would be interested in those cruises.

Jan. 7, 2018 NCL Dawn, 8th Salute to Veterans Cruise; Feb. 3, 2019 Carnival Dream, 9th Salute to Veterans Cruise PLUS Super Bowl Sailing !!!!

Dina

Bev how do you find cruises like the ones below that you mentioned the Salute to Veterans Cruise? My husband is a veteran of the Vietnam war and I would be interested in those cruises.

Jan. 7, 2018 NCL Dawn, 8th Salute to Veterans Cruise; Feb. 3, 2019 Carnival Dream, 9th Salute to Veterans Cruise PLUS Super Bowl Sailing !!!!

Dina

Hi Dina, I organize the cruises every 12-18 months. Almost all of us are from the Vietnam era, myself included. If you are on the Jan. 7 sailing, make sure to find me and I'll tell you all about it. If you want to chat you can send me an e-mail to Beverly at cruisingsmart dot com.

This itinerary is not doable on a 7 night cruise. We have been to Aruba and Curacao several times on a cruise and it's always been an 8 nt. cruise.

jakesnana, I have done Aruba and Curacao as well, but always on a 7 day. While St.Lucia is doable on a 7 day cruise, it was just a dream and it won't happen, they have already changed the itin to something much less desirable.:(

There are enough southern Caribbean cruises that are already going to St. Lucia and Barbados (NCL and other lines) that I would never expect them to even attempt those islands. They can only accept so many ships in one day. That's why I can't imagine what a mind boggling jigsaw puzzle this is for all of the cruise lines. We're on a 10 day southern route in March and at this point 4 of our 6 ports are heavily damaged or destroyed. Only St. Lucia and Barbados are currently even open. Not sure when we'll find out where we're going. Doesn't really matter I guess. Compared to the destruction and devastation on those islands and their resources for getting back on their feet...I'd be grateful to take a cruise to nowhere.

We're on a 10 day southern route in March and at this point 4 of our 6 ports are heavily damaged or destroyed. Only St. Lucia and Barbados are currently even open. Not sure when we'll find out where we're going. Doesn't really matter I guess. Compared to the destruction and devastation on those islands and their resources for getting back on their feet...I'd be grateful to take a cruise to nowhere.

Sounds like our Jade itinerary on March 23rd, is that the one you are on?

I would like Aruba, Curacao and Jamaica... fits into the 7 day easily.

It's always been a 10 day itinerary out of Florida or depart from port San Juan to get that far south.

I've been there a few times and neither of those are not my favourite islands.

However Jamaica has three port city's cruise ships can come in and fits in a week long cruise from just about anywhere.

Just dreaming!

so you would like to see the ship only do 2 ports? I think most would rather have at least one more port, but time will tell. Again, we all have to remember there are a lot of ships, not just NCL ships that are affected and with so many mega ships now in the water the impact is going to be astronomical. :rolleyes: