Regal in Manhattan today

lstone19

After making an end-run south of Jose on its TA, Regal skipped Boston and Newport and is in Manhattan today. It will "sail" to Brooklyn tonight after midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The move to the Brooklyn pier should be worth some loss of sleep. There will be some nice views of the skylines of New York, New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty.

The cruise ends and the next cruise starts in Brooklyn tomorrow. Brooklyn was not available today.
Having missed Boston and Newport, if I were onboard (we were originally booked on this cruise), I'd much rather be docked in Manhattan for the day. So much more convenient to what Manhattan has to offer than Red Hook.

Larry, how was your cruise? We are on 10/14.

A detailed review, along with Patters and menus, will be coming. But it was a great cruise, the sea conditions of the last two days not withstanding.

Does anyone know if the Regal will be calling at all of the scheduled ports on the next cruise?
With a hurricane moving up the east coast, how can anyone predict whether the Regal will need to deviate from its planned itinerary?

One person's rough can be another's smooth. So let's just say rough enough that there was a lot of "drunken staggering" in the corridors and a real need to hold onto handrails on stairs but not fought enough to affect any services. We probably were seeing three meter seas at times.

Having missed Boston and Newport, if I were onboard (we were originally booked on this cruise), I'd much rather be docked in Manhattan for the day. So much more convenient to what Manhattan has to offer than Red Hook.

Hi Lew,

I thought you would like to get off in Boston. So you could see a Patriots game. :D :D

Go Patriots!!!

Tony