If you had to choose: Cagney's or Le Bistro?

jenniferandwhatnot

We have the three specialty dinners included. I already know we want to do Teppanyaki and Moderno.

So we have one remaining - should we do Cagney's or Le Bistro?

We go to steakhouses often and he is a huge fan of a good ribeye. But we also have never been to a French restaurant, and I have heard that Le Bistro makes a great steak.

Any opinions?

This is on Pearl, BTW. :D

Since both Moderno and Teppanyaki are prix fixe restaurants, why not pay cash for one and use that third SDP meal for one of the a la carte places?

In terms of value, a 3-meal SDP is $69, or $23 per meal (plus 18% gratuity), Moderno is $25 (plus 18% gratuity). You will probably get much better value at Cagney's where some of the entrees alone cost more than that.

Since both Moderno and Teppanyaki are prix fixe restaurants, why not pay cash for one and use that third SDP meal for one of the a la carte places?

In terms of value, a 3-meal SDP is $69, or $23 per meal (plus 18% gratuity), Moderno is $25 (plus 18% gratuity). You will probably get much better value at Cagney's where some of the entrees alone cost more than that.

Yes! I honestly had not considered that! I think we will go this route -- totally makes sense. Thanks for this! (y)(y)

The scalops on Le Bistro and the creme brûlée were the best thing I ate my cruise!

83336fe6b981dc5f2791fbc0abcae81a.jpg544162d7d2ae890ae239dae316e0bb78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Both of those look so good.

And creme brulee - that moment where you crack the hardened sugar with the spoon :loudcry:

I've also read about their mushroom soup being very good.

Excellent Game Plan - although DARN - no Los Lobo's offered !

Use the SDP on the 3 most expensive restaurants and option the 4th on your On Board Account.

First time dinners sample all of these so the next cruise you can zero in on what is best for your taste !

Also note that you can purchase the SDP in minimum increments of 3 and a maximum of the number

of days in your cruise - the normal increment is 3 on a 7 day cruise.

IN answer to the OP ? - my preference is Cagney's.

And BON APETITE !

We have the three specialty dinners included. I already know we want to do Teppanyaki and Moderno.

So we have one remaining - should we do Cagney's or Le Bistro?

We go to steakhouses often and he is a huge fan of a good ribeye. But we also have never been to a French restaurant, and I have heard that Le Bistro makes a great steak.

Any opinions?

This is on Pearl, BTW. :D

If good steak is really your thing, probably Cagney's would be the best. For us, it is Le Bistro hands down. We love the atmosphere and it is so upscale compared to other restaurants plus we have always except once had great service. I can't say the same about Cagney's.

Yes! I honestly had not considered that! I think we will go this route -- totally makes sense. Thanks for this! (y)(y)

It's exactly what I did with no regrets. For what it's worth, I hit Le Bistro twice. Amazing seafood pastry app, French onion soup and the 5 peppercorn filet mignon are to die for! Cagneys has a much larger menu though.

It's exactly what I did with no regrets. For what it's worth, I hit Le Bistro twice. Amazing seafood pastry app, French onion soup and the 5 peppercorn filet mignon are to die for! Cagneys has a much larger menu though.

Well if you went twice, that certainly tells me that it's good. :)

Excellent Game Plan - although DARN - no Los Lobo's offered !

Use the SDP on the 3 most expensive restaurants and option the 4th on your On Board Account.

First time dinners sample all of these so the next cruise you can zero in on what is best for your taste !

Also note that you can purchase the SDP in minimum increments of 3 and a maximum of the number

of days in your cruise - the normal increment is 3 on a 7 day cruise.

IN answer to the OP ? - my preference is Cagney's.

And BON APETITE !

Merci!

So, if I still have an SDP credit remaining on my account, but want to have, for example, Teppanyaki charged to my on board account, do I just tell the server? I was thinking we might have to strategically plan our reservations in order to use the 3 SDP credits on the a-la-carte places before going to the flat rate spots?

Given the choice between the two, Le Bistro for sure. We did both Cagney's and Le Bistro last week, and Le Bistro was far better. I love a good ribeye, too, but the one I was served at Cagney's was more than half fat. Flavor was good, but.... husband's porterhouse was not the best he'd had, either. If we returned, we stick with he filets.

No such complaints about Le Bistro. Everything was excellent.