Historical AIPB Prices

Tedferg

Please help my memory. I thought AIBP was $49 - $56.35 with Gratuity. I distinctly remember $563 for 10 day cruise. Recent AIBP Evaluator had $57.45 and now new Premium price is $59.99 - both without Gratuity.

We have been lucky with AIBP included. so it is a couple of years since I had to consider buying the AIBP.

Price at inception was $49 + 15% = $56.35

First noted increase was to $49.99 + 15% = $57.49

Subsequently there were reports of the price being a couple dollars higher than $49.99 when purchased on board on certain ships; I don't recall anyone posting of higher prices in the personalizer for the AIBP.

...until now of course that the AIBP has become the Premier Beverage Package at $59.99 + 15% = $68.99

Your observation of the Evaluator thread is correct: as fine a job as the author has done, they do have the habit of comparing prices side by side without and with the gratuity added.

Paid for ours before new price cutoff so got the old price, but new restrictions are now in place. Didn't drink 15 alcohol drinks per day in the past so shouldn't have problems. Did get a bunch of water and special coffee so probably won't be a problem. Will see....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We have never purchased the package at any price. We do have it on our next few cruises though. We booked 2 during the Sip and Sail last year (28 day leaving in about 2 weeks and 14 day next March) and we also booked 2 (one cruise in two segments - 19 days and 30 days) in 2019 under this year's Sip and Sail. We simply can't afford the kind of money they are asking for drinks. A coffee card and judicious purchasing throughout the cruise is what we will do when we don't have a Sip and Sail promo.

Looking forward to our first cruise ever with the package soon. 28 days with 18 of them sea days. We both love sea days and the Sip and Sail will work well with the cruise. :cool:

Please help my memory. I thought AIBP was $49 - $56.35 with Gratuity. I distinctly remember $563 for 10 day cruise. Recent AIBP Evaluator had $57.45 and now new Premium price is $59.99 - both without Gratuity.

We have been lucky with AIBP included. so it is a couple of years since I had to consider buying the AIBP.

The recent price of $57.45 per day did include the gratuity. I just purchased it for a ten-day cruise and the total price was $574.50. You are correct that the new price of $59.99 does not include the 15% gratuity.

Wow - so this is a $11 a day increase ! I thought maybe there had been $1 - $2 a day increase a couple of times and I had missed it.

The Evaluator spreadsheet appears to need a further update, the Package price does not include Gratuity but Total for Individual drinks does - if I am reading the cell formulas correctly.

Thanks to everyone for not commenting on AIPB versus AIBP:)

The new package is pretty pricey. I can still remember my first cruise in 1984. Heineken was being sold on the ship for a dollar a bottle. :eek:

Luckily we have Sip and Sail on some of our upcoming cruises. On the other cruises, we'll be hitting the BOGO, if it's still being offered. :rolleyes:

We bought the AIBP on the second week that it was offered for a 15 day HI circle from San Pedro over Christmas and New Year back in 2013. It seemed a little on the expensive side when multiplied by 2 and then by 15, but at least we knew what the bar bill would be at the end of the cruise. The majority of our large dining table had the package and being the holiday season, a good time was had by all! Especially New Years Eve! ;) We were about 12hrs ahead of UK time and a number of the ship's officers were up in Skywalkers to kick off the celebrations around midday ships time! ;) We got to bed around 3AM next morning and I'm pretty sure that we all would have fallen foul of the new 15 drinks limit on that particular occasion. :)

We've had the AIBP on every cruise we've taken since then, either through Sip + Sail, or through purchasing it. I didn't even realize that it had gone up 99 cents a day since it was first introduced. We probably drink a little more on board than we would normally, simply because there is a known dollar value attached to the package and we "have" to exceed that value to get ones money's worth.

Given the new price, it's unlikely that we'll continue to make use of the AIBP on future cruises (bought the package at the old price on the 18th for the Thankgiving MR cruise and we have S+S on the Oz/Fiji cruise next year, so still have 2 to go).

......................... We probably drink a little more on board than we would normally, simply because there is a known dollar value attached to the package and we "have" to exceed that value to get ones money's worth. ................................

Given the new price, it's unlikely that we'll continue to make use of the AIBP on future cruises ..........................

You may not need to drink anymore than before to receive the value you were getting because all of the items consumed will have increases in their individual prices. Perhaps not 20% which is the increase from $50.00 to $60.00 (I wish they would do away with the stupid 99 cents business like it fools anyone).