Do I need a Passport for Baja 4 day cruise from LA ?

vacationfool

Please help. I have read yes and no about this on this board. The ship is the CARNIVAL PARADISE leaving and returning from the LA port. It is 4 days, and travels to Baja- Mexico area for one day. I didn't think we needed a passport so am considering booking MARCH 5TH, BUT if passport is needed, I will need to renew ours and search a different date, to sail.

Thanks to anyone who has recently taken this cruise and knows the answer for 2007. :)

The deadline for this has been pushed back to Jan. 1, 2008. Only if you are flying to/from Mexico do you now need a passport (starting 2/23/07).

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Get a passport. You never know when you will need one, and in another year you won't be able to go anywhere without one.

Please help. I have read yes and no about this on this board. The ship is the CARNIVAL PARADISE leaving and returning from the LA port. It is 4 days, and travels to Baja- Mexico area for one day. I didn't think we needed a passport so am considering booking MARCH 5TH, BUT if passport is needed, I will need to renew ours and search a different date, to sail.

Thanks to anyone who has recently taken this cruise and knows the answer for 2007. :)

I know some people on that cruise. They started a roll call in the Carnival section (Cruise Craver, Ziggy, Stanford's Girl, et al). It should be a fun one.

We are doing the 7-day Mexican cruise. We decided to get our sons passports (we already have them). The reason being if there was some kind of emergency flying home wouldn't present a problem. Of course, we have ailing family members back home. You don't need the passports for the cruise however there might be some circumstances you might want them.

Lucy55... you make a very good point.

If you are left behind in Mexico, for any reason whether accidentally missing the ship, or getting ill, or getting hurt... you will likely want to fly out of Mexico.

Having a passport sounds about the easiest... and you will need one by end of year if you want to travel out of the USA. And do you want to wait until the end of year scramble to do this...?

At least, these are the points that pushed me to get mine now, as opposed to later.

Good luck.

Archived