Wellness: Now Includes Yacht Club Benefits

gkbiiii

I am currently looking into booking the Seaside 2017 Transatlantic and found new information on the new Wellness Experience.

Wellness Experience now includes the following Yacht Club Benefits:

1. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner, in the Yacht Club Restaurant.

2. All drinks throughout the ship & within the Yacht Club.

3. All drinks in your stateroom, Yacht Club Standard.

4. Special Wellness menu, for all meals, in the Yacht Club Restaurant.

Bottom line: exceptional benefits, minus the Butlers and suites!

Edited by gkbiiii

I am currently looking into booking the Seaside 2017 Transatlantic and found new information on the new Wellness Experience.

Interesting note regarding the drinks being available in the YC as well as throughout the ship. I guess MSC finally listened to it's passengers after all!!! Now let's hope this same courtesy is extended to the YC guests.:)

Edited by Mikesa1721

Sounds to me that they are devaluing the Yacht club experience for those booked in the YC by allowing Wellness guests in there!

I'll have to get the exact benefits from my contact at MSC Sid,,,I just ran this by my TA and he was wondering if the wellness pax will have access to the One Bar and Pool as well as the Top Sail Lounge,,,,,we shall find out soon I guess,,,:confused:

Take a look at the cabin types for Meraviglia and this is what you will find, although you won't find a cabin on the deck plan ,unless cabins 14018 and14039 are those in question and the description is written for them and got on to the seaside info as well

MSC YACHT CLUB DELUXE SUITE - WELLNESS

• All beds can be both single or double (on request). Spacious wardrobe, bathroom with large shower.

• Interactive TV, telephone. Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee) mini bar, coffee machine, safe and air conditioning.

• Technogym Kinesis equipment

• Surface approx. im. 28 sq.m. with balcony.

Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same cabin category).

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Can you post a link to this information??? My TA and myself can not find it anywhere on MSC's website or on my TA's back end system,,,,:)

Take a look at the cabin types for Meraviglia and this is what you will find, although you won't find a cabin on the deck plan ,unless cabins 14018 and14039 are those in question and the description is written for them and got on to the seaside info as well

Pete

Pete,,,,posted some new pics of MSC Meraviglia in the Sticky thread up top,,,,she's coming along nicely,,,although I would hate to have a stateroom not on the hump,,,the overhangs are enormous!!!

Won't this wellness concept "overload" the Yacht Club? One of the main reasons we were going to book was the quiet atmosphere and fewer people in the Y. C. Now I'm going to have to rethink our plans for sure. Anyone else thinking that the y.c. atmosphere might be compromised?

:eek::eek::eek:

The cabin blue print for a YCW is exactly the same as a YC1 on Meraviglia , so it doesn't need any structural changes , just internal furniture and category designation.

if it takes off on Meraviglia why not include it on Seaside?

Edited by Skier52

If the wellness experience is available for $400 on every category with no limit to the amount of wellness packages offered per cruise, the Yacht club exclusivity will certainly be compromised.

For example, right now I see a Bella balcony being offered for $549.00 on divina. For less than 1,000 one could have a balcony cabin, yet

spend the entire trip (except for sleeping) in the yacht club. Not to mention the $349.00 divina specials they were running for insides!

I'm pretty sure they were selling the wellness package upgrade on Divina on the March 26 sailing, and I believe the price was $299.00 (no yacht club access). I'll be sure to note the scoop in June.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

The wellness experience is being offered on the Divina next Year also. If it includes access to the Yacht club as described, I can see this being very a popular option. The price of $1,279 for a balcony include $100 SBC, and I can get another $200.00 OBC from my travel agent which puts a balcony cabin with yacht club privlidges less than $1,000. Not to mention interior (also with $100 SBC and $100 OBC from agent) for the real bargain shopper that puts an interior around $750 out of pocket. Considering that includes drinks, MSC is certain to become a major player in the caribbean market.

<a href=image_zpsksjo5nnr.jpg' alt='image_zpsksj

Won't this wellness concept "overload" the Yacht Club? One of the main reasons we were going to book was the quiet atmosphere and fewer people in the Y. C. Now I'm going to have to rethink our plans for sure. Anyone else thinking that the y.c. atmosphere might be compromised?

Absolutely agree! LeMuse, on the Divina, was always full for dinner every night, no matter the time. If the "Wellness" folks will also have access, I can see a definite bottleneck. As for access to the Yacht Club itself, that would also take away the quiet atmosphere. I have the YC booked on the Seaside, but may have to rethink the entire booking if they are going to start changing the "rules". Should be interesting.........

Just booked for the Seaside TA in a wellness balcony. The personal cruise consultant says the site is wrong. No access to YC. Should I get a printout and maybe try my case on the ship? The Wellness balcony actually cost more than some of the YC rooms. Any other info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the benefits on the MSC Seaside for Wellness:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qppocpru7jatmnx/Screenshot%202016-05-19%2000.24.33.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9jnylv13hhyxbj/Screenshot%202016-05-19%2000.25.08.png?dl=0

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/images/sdl/b2c/MSC_USA_ExperiencesGrid.PDF

So there may be different options on different ships, but Seaside seems to have the best (though it does have the largest facilities).

Edited by gkbiiii

I do hope this is just a another website glitch. It would absolutely devaluate the YC experience! Also: wellnesscabins are cheaper than the aurea experience cabins- how should that be reasonable!!!???

if it was true they would be looking at some cancellations from yc I presume!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by plucasana

I do hope this is just a another website glitch. It would absolutely devaluate the YC experience! Also: wellnesscabins are cheaper than the aurea experience cabins- how should that be reasonable!!!???

if it was true they would be looking at some cancellations from yc I presume!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't agree, as a balcony for the Seaside 2017 Transatlantic is over $6,000+ which, is much higher than even YC Insides.

I don't agree, as a balcony for the Seaside 2017 Transatlantic is over $6,000+ which, is much higher than even YC Insides.

My Wellness Balcony was a $1000 more than the YC interior. I did bring up the different experience from the MSC site but my PCC said its wrong. On the bottom right corner is the download version of different experience. He said that's what it's suppose to be. I do wish that's not true and it does seem too good to be true. I'm hoping others will chime in and see what their PCC says or travel agent. Fingers crossed!

Very interesting development indeed. I was curious and checked the MSC Italian website (figuring they might have more reliable information) and they seem to have the same two .pdf's with differing information as the English-speaking sites. A mistake, or a new addition to the Wellness package?

My question would be: To those that have sailed in the existing Fantasia-class ships, does the existing Yacht Club restaurant have the room for roughly 60% more people? Looking at the 2017 Divina plans, it looks like 70 YC rooms currently with another 44 Wellness rooms (at a very quick count). I'm not sure if the purposed Wellness rooms also have access to the rest of the Yacht Club, as the wording seems vague.

I also wonder what this would do for Aurea experience sales, as the Wellness benefits would seem to trump Aurea if you're throwing in the Yacht Club restaurant and free drinks ship-wide.

On all MSC cruises we have been on in the YC which is all the ships with the YC no other passengers on board have been able to use the YC restaurant.

Edited by Big L