Divina dry dock

Mattnvick

I read on Marine link (and someone mentioned it here in a thread on c.c.) that Divina will be in the Grand Bahama Ship Yard this year for maintenance. Does anyone have anymore information about this, ie how long and what might be being done?

We are on our first MSC cruise with her November 5th. She looks beautiful, I love the fact that she is a more European ship and we are looking forward to it very much. :)

I read on Marine link (and someone mentioned it here in a thread on c.c.) that Divina will be in the Grand Bahama Ship Yard this year for maintenance. Does anyone have anymore information about this, ie how long and what might be being done?

We are on our first MSC cruise with her November 5th. She looks beautiful, I love the fact that she is a more European ship and we are looking forward to it very much. :)

Looking at MSC's itineraries,,,it appears that 3 weeks are blacked out from September 17th through October 7th. I would have to think that's when MSC Divina will be in dry dock getting freshened up,,,:)

Looking at MSC's itineraries,,,it appears that 3 weeks are blacked out from September 17th through October 7th. I would have to think that's when MSC Divina will be in dry dock getting freshened up,,,:)

PERFECT !! We are booked on the October 8th sailing. Our first MSC voyage - then on to Seaside 3/2018.

You will probably not even notice what was done.

Found this on Cruise Deck plans.com

In summer of 2017, MSC will convert 6 inside cabins on deck 12, 2 oceanview cabins on deck 5 and 14 balcony cabins on decks 11, 12 and 13 to be part of the new Wellness Experience class. We will update the deck plans to reflect those changes.

Just disembarked the lovely Divina. Talked to many crew members about the upcoming dry dock. Two of the main items to be addressed/fixed is a water issue (no hot water at times, low or no water pressure often) and uneven air conditioner output (one side of the YC was cold, the other warm...unfortunately, I was on the 'warm' side). She will also be freshened up and other maintenance issues tackled.

MSC website indicates a new deck plan with Wellness Experience cabins, but not valid until Summer 2017, so may be a later dry dock.

They are not adding cabins , same cabin with different amenities.

Just disembarked the lovely Divina. Talked to many crew members about the upcoming dry dock. Two of the main items to be addressed/fixed is a water issue (no hot water at times, low or no water pressure often) and uneven air conditioner output (one side of the YC was cold, the other warm...unfortunately, I was on the 'warm' side). She will also be freshened up and other maintenance issues tackled.

Hi Again :), was it the port or starboard side that was warm? Did you find the temperature differences in both the cabin and the top sail lounge? We are booked deck 15 starboard side, but there are still cabins available on both sides of the ship if you feel switching sides is warranted. TIA :)

Hi Again :), was it the port or starboard side that wash warm? Did you find the temperature differences in both the cabin and the top sail lounge? We are booked deck 15 starboard side, but there are still cabins available on both sides of the ship if you feel switching sides is warranted. TIA :)

Hi there! I was in 15031. I mentioned the warmth to our butler and he said they have issues with the coldness on that side but not the other. I've been in 15028 6 times and it has never been warm. Granted, I like it very cool in my cabin. I'll be upstairs in 16033 on Saturday so I'll find out if that side is also warm upstairs. No problems in Top Sail at all. However, I found the theatre to be very warm every night. Never needed a sweater or a shawl on the Divina! We did not have hot water on two occasions. But that has happened to me every cruise on the Divina at least once.

Edited by kathiean

Hi there! I was in 15031. I mentioned the warmth to our butler and he said they have issues with the coldness on that side but not the other. I've been in 15028 6 times and it has never been warm. Granted, I like it very cool in my cabin. I'll be upstairs in 16033 on Saturday so I'll find out if that side is also warm upstairs. No problems in Top Sail at all. However, I found the theatre to be very warm every night. Never needed a sweater or a shawl on the Divina! We did not have hot water on two occasions. But that has happened to me every cruise on the Divina at least once.

Just in 15021 & no problem.