Queen Victoria in Stateroom tea and coffee making facility

si_boy

Hopefully someone will know the answer.Since the recent refit, Queen Victoria staterooms now have tea and coffee making facilities.

What is the selection of teas and coffee available to make in your stateroom?

Am thinking specifically is there decaffinated coffee?

If not was going to buy a packet and bring with me or would that be frowned upon?

Thanks in advance.

We haven't yet been on the QV since her refit, but have been on the QM2 and always had decaff coffee - no problem. We are not coffee prima donnas and are not fussy about the brand - can't recall what it was, but the ordinary and decaff were the same. You may need to initially ask the steward for it.

I am sure there would be no problem with bringing along your own brand of coffee or tea for that matter. You could also get a specialty tea bag from the Lido or Kings Court they are in individual packs so nice and clean in pockets or hand bags.

Definitely not American stuff, The brand is Twinings , 'By appointment to HM Queen Elizabeth';)

And the coffee in sachets is Douwe-Egberts pure gold, both normal and decaf is in Britannia staterooms.

Oooooh good! Twinings is quite ok.

A few years ago I actually contacted Twinings about their products.

I noticed that one and the same product - say English Breakfast tea - tastes differently in the UK, Germany, Australia, the USA etc. I even tried to make it with Evian water everywhere to double check.

Twinings said that the same tea will be blended differently for different markets. 🍵

Oooooh good! Twinings is quite ok.

A few years ago I actually contacted Twinings about their products.

I noticed that one and the same product - say English Breakfast tea - tastes differently in the UK, Germany, Australia, the USA etc. I even tried to make it with Evian water everywhere to double check.

Twinings said that the same tea will be blended differently for different markets. 🍵

In the USA it's blended assuming the drinker will leave the teabag in the cup the entire time they're drinking it.

In the USA it's blended assuming the drinker will leave the teabag in the cup the entire time they're drinking it.

That is pretty disgusting - even most builders take the tea bag out!!! :D

There is an Illy coffee machine now in grills rooms according to a friend on QV now, also Twinnings tea. Not sure whether Illy in rooms is shipwide.

Only in the grills, Britannia cabins just have the kettle.