Question re USB charging ports on Queen Victoria

SonofTertius

Our Solution this last Cruise...Off Amazon...Excellent Choice...Going To Get Another One Next Time...

Belkin 3-Outlet SurgePlus Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports (2.1 AMP / 10 Watt), BST300

615t72m8vL__SX425__zpsvgxgyde0.jpg

Ok..

Both bedside table lamps can be unplugged. These have continental European plugs, like you would find in Germany. It would be possible to use adaptors quite easily.

As others have said, the row of sockets by the dressing table are set very low and it may be difficult to plug in any bulky adaptors.

Thanks, this is really helpful.

Our Solution this last Cruise...Off Amazon...Excellent Choice...Going To Get Another One Next Time...

Belkin 3-Outlet SurgePlus Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports (2.1 AMP / 10 Watt), BST300

615t72m8vL__SX425__zpsvgxgyde0.jpg

It has a surge protector which is A Bad Thing on a ship.

FYI: The old TV socket which is now used for the kettle, is a standard European 220 plug and not a USA 110 as previously advised by a fellow cruiser.

I'll take the credit for remembering that there would be an outlet in that location and will chalk up the error in voltage as a minor detail. :)

I've more recently been on QM2 and I'm pretty sure there are a pair of unused US outlets in that location on her.

I'll take the credit for remembering that there would be an outlet in that location and will chalk up the error in voltage as a minor detail. :)

I've more recently been on QM2 and I'm pretty sure there are a pair of unused US outlets in that location on her.

Minor detail indeed. The most important thing is that I have enough outlets for ALL my gadgets.

On the plus side, thanks to you, I now have EU and UK 3-to-1 socket splitters for our TA in September, and the sockets themselves are universal, meaning I don't have to run out and buy EU plug adapters as well.

edit: And I won't need to worry about tripping over extension cords in the middle of the night!

On the plus side, thanks to you, I now have EU and UK 3-to-1 socket splitters for our TA in September, and the sockets themselves are universal, meaning I don't have to run out and buy EU plug adapters as well.

edit: And I won't need to worry about tripping over extension cords in the middle of the night!

[emoji16] At least something good came from the whole thing [emoji16] Enjoy the cruise; don't be put off by my negativity. Cunard just isn't my 'scene'.