Chefs Table on Ecstasy

Good morning

My daughter (24), son (17 ) and I are going on the Ecstasy Dec 30th and have requested a reservation for the Chefs Table. I have done Chefs tables on land, but not at sea. Does anyone have any experience with this on the Ecstasy and if so, what was your experience. At $75/pp I don't want "just ok".

Thanks!

I am responding mostly just to bump your question since I haven't sailed on the Ecstasy.

Chef's Table on the Breeze was so amazing and so much fun I have already booked it for our next two cruises

If you're looking for a lovely meal with a familiar menu and great service, go to the Steakhouse.

If you're looking for an amazing culinary experience, and your group includes only adventurous diners, and you want to devote three plus hours to dining, wine sipping, and a couple of surprises, book the Chef's Table.

All, of course, just my opinion.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Edited to add of course your 17 year old can't partake in the wine sipping.

I haven't done Chef's Table on Ecstasy, but I have done it on Valor, Vista, and Fascination (in that order). The menus and experience have been different on each sailing, but all of them have been VERY GOOD. On Valor and Fascination, the dinner was served in the library, and on Vista it was served in a special dining room in the galley.

The menu does tend to be more designed for foodie/adventurous eaters as another poster mentioned. The courses "seem" to alternate from something unique/unexpected to something a bit more familiar but prepared very well. (i.e. one course may be fish prepared in a pretty standard way, and then the next may be whipped bone marrow with edible twigs, etc.)

I think it is well worth the $75-95 (depending on ship). The dinner starts with a glass (or two) of champagne at the designated meeting point, and then includes unlimited wine throughout the 2.5-3 hour dinner.

Feel free to ask any other questions. Unfortunately, I don't keep track of menus/exact dishes, but I've enjoyed every dish served at a Chef's Table dinner, and I don't even consider myself that adventurous of an eater. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We're going on the Ecstasy in October and hubs is thinking of booking chef's table. We did it on Carnival Legend a few years ago (2012). We got a tour of the kitchen as well as a lot of personal time with the head chef. Also, the only type of meat I eat is seafood (no beef, pork, chicken), and they were super accomodating. Courses were small but you'll leave super full.

At $75 pp the value is there. You're in SC and in Charleston (peninsula) something like this would cost much more than $75/pp.