Solebrity solstice cabins

MaggiemayMan13

I would appreciate any help to choose the ideal cabin on deck 9 cat B I have a few I'm looking at..9198...9246..9288..9235..9272..9131..9149..9192..9178 also wondering which side port or starboard, room configuration bed nearest balcony or bathroom. Thank you in advance

I haven't sailed in this category, but based on reading the deck plan here are my thoughts:

• all deck 9 cabins are quiet because there are cabins above and below

• we usually choose starboard because smoking areas tend to be on the port side [may be over-reaction, but it's worked so far!]

• 9198 - hiding behind the forward bump out, so you will have no forward view -- but you won't have any wind while sailing

• 9246 - ok but in the recess so not great views

• 9288 - on the hump (good) but connecting stateroom (may be noisy) -- an OK choice

• 9235 - same as 9288 plus great aft views

9272 - even better than 9288 because you are the first cabin on the hump so great forward view but 9270 shelters you from the wind - THIS WOULD BE MY CHOICE

• 9131 - very far forward, so even though it's on the forward hump I would worry about a rough ride

• 9149 - less forward than 9131, convenient to forward elevator/stairs, but connecting cabin (may be noisy)

9192 - on the trailing edge of the forward hump so great aft views, no wind, extra large balcony - good choice but I think this is a 1A not a 1B

9178 - on the forward hump, opposite non-door part of inside cabin [so should be very quiet] - OK

I would definitely go with 9288..9235..or 9272. We prefer port side so personally I would choose 9235. We love the cabins on the hump. There is a smoking area on the port side but we have never had a problem smelling smoke. If you are concerned then go with 9288 or 9272. Also, on S class ships the cabins don't connect inside the cabin so I wouldn't worry about that.

I haven't sailed in this category, but based on reading the deck plan here are my thoughts:

• all deck 9 cabins are quiet because there are cabins above and below

• we usually choose starboard because smoking areas tend to be on the port side [may be over-reaction, but it's worked so far!]

• 9198 - hiding behind the forward bump out, so you will have no forward view -- but you won't have any wind while sailing

• 9246 - ok but in the recess so not great views

• 9288 - on the hump (good) but connecting stateroom (may be noisy) -- an OK choice

• 9235 - same as 9288 plus great aft views

9272 - even better than 9288 because you are the first cabin on the hump so great forward view but 9270 shelters you from the wind - THIS WOULD BE MY CHOICE

• 9131 - very far forward, so even though it's on the forward hump I would worry about a rough ride

• 9149 - less forward than 9131, convenient to forward elevator/stairs, but connecting cabin (may be noisy)

9192 - on the trailing edge of the forward hump so great aft views, no wind, extra large balcony - good choice but I think this is a 1A not a 1B

9178 - on the forward hump, opposite non-door part of inside cabin [so should be very quiet] - OK

I think the connecting cabins on Solstice have the connection via a reconfigurable hall entrance rather than via a through the wall connection; if so, then are they really noisier than a regular cabin?

I think the connecting cabins on Solstice have the connection via a reconfigurable hall entrance rather than via a through the wall connection; if so, then are they really noisier than a regular cabin?

No they aren't. We have had connecting cabins and didn't even use it with the hall entrance. We just had our balcony opened up.