Queen Victoria fly cruise

sammybonny

We are flying out to Athens this saturday 2nd sept to join Queen Victoria for 7 nights. We are flying from Manchester on a Titan Airways flight which I am told is a Cunard charter flight. Does anyone know if we need to collect our luggage at Athens airport or do Cunard arrange to transfer it to the ship?

When we have previously done a fly cruise with P&O we have not needed to collect our luggage and it has been sent direct to the ship.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We are flying out to Athens this saturday 2nd sept to join Queen Victoria for 7 nights. We are flying from Manchester on a Titan Airways flight which I am told is a Cunard charter flight. Does anyone know if we need to collect our luggage at Athens airport or do Cunard arrange to transfer it to the ship?

When we have previously done a fly cruise with P&O we have not needed to collect our luggage and it has been sent direct to the ship.

We did this flight last year with Cunard and Titan to Athens and was told by the UK Cunard representative that our bags would go straight to the ship with no need to collect them in Athens. Wrong, we (along with a number of others) exited the secure area and then was told that this was not the case and we needed to collect our own bags. An hour later they managed to get the airport security staff to let us back into the baggage area - a real pain.

We did the same trip a few years ago, also with Titan to board at Athens. They told us to collect our bags and then board the coach. No bags arrived and so then we were all told do get on the coaches and the bags would follow on (which they did, but it took hours). But they failed to send enough coaches as well which meant it took ages to get to the ship.

Expect a shambles and you will not be disappointed.

We did the same trip a few years ago, also with Titan to board at Athens. They told us to collect our bags and then board the coach. No bags arrived and so then we were all told do get on the coaches and the bags would follow on (which they did, but it took hours). But they failed to send enough coaches as well which meant it took ages to get to the ship.

Expect a shambles and you will not be disappointed.

Looks like we have something to look forward to !!

Last years Titan experience was quite good. This year we joined QV at Trieste and had an email before we left to say we would not need to collect luggage.

Give yourself plenty of time at Checkin as our experience was very poor with two titan flights checking in at the same time took us 75 mins to check in and as we did so the lady confirmed that boarding would commence in ten mins. The rush through security was something else!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums