It got too dark to take good photos.

i-3NV22Ss-L.jpg

pulling into Seattle

i-n4MnzSC-L.jpg

Arrived in Seattle, WA

i-8pXZFvN-L.jpg

King Street Station

i-wWCJNxX-L.jpg

We collected our bags. My Grandma and Aunt picked us up and took us to the Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel.

i-VM6n58Q-L.jpg

After a restful night, we had breakfast and headed back home. It was an uneventful drive, and home felt really good!

Food - 9 out of 10

We found the food to be overall really good. There were a few times where the food wasn't great. Le Bistro was the biggest disappointment, but there were few other times where food items weren't over the top.

Cabin - 10 out of 10

We had a great cabin. Quiet and comfortable. The cabin is very spacious for the size, and we didn't feel squished. Our room steward was awesome, and fulfilled any special requests like getting ice earlier in the day.

The ship - 8 out of 10

You could tell the Sun has some wear and tear issues, but it still made you feel comfortable. Great views and comfy seats to watch the scenery pass by.

Shows/Activities- 10 out of 10

we had a blast at the shows we went to. George, Jim and Tuey were awesome. Iain does a joke of the day at the end of the show. We participated in tons of activities and never found the ship boring.

Service - 10 out of 10

I don't remember a time on the ship where we did not have excellent service. The staff really cared and took care of us like family. We gave 3 vacation hero cards and could have done more. I forgot my camera lens in the sports bar on the first day, and didn't know it. I was passing through and the server from that night asked me if I had gotten it back. I thanked him for following up, because I thought I had dropped it somewhere. I didn't know I left it there.

Overall: 47 out of 50 - 94%

I feel the Sun often gets a bad rap, being a smaller ship. Her crew really makes up for the lack of size. I would sail the Sun again in a heartbeat!

Here is a sneak peak of my next cruise review - Coming January 2018.

Shadowmeboy's Christmas Mexican Riviera Star studded review!

Hi, I am Shadowmeboy!

My wife, Susan, and I, Matthew, love to cruise and do it any chance we can.

In 2016 we sailed the Norwegian Sun on a Southbound Cruise from Seward, Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. You can read the review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2529761

The Norwegian Sun is pictured below in Sitka, AK.

i-K5LXBCp-L.jpg

i-mzvzc3d-L.jpg

My beautiful wife and I outside of Whittier, AK.

In June of 2017, We sailed the Norwegian Escape to the Western Caribbean. Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2516206

The Norwegian Escape pictured below in Costa Maya, Mexico

i-hvhzqXD-L.jpg

i-f4bcPMJ-L.jpg

Standing in the Atlantic Ocean on a Florida beach!

My wife, Susan, is a school teacher and I work for a grocery store. Susan and I have been married 10 years! Due to her school schedule, we cannot sail as much as we would like.

We live in the Pacific Northwest, so we have sailed Alaska several times. The Escape was our first Caribbean Cruise. We live along the Columbia River on the "dry" side of Washington State among the Apple and Cherry Orchards.

This will be our first cruise over Christmas and we cannot wait.

(Insert My Picture of the Norwegian Star here ;p)

(insert our picture standing together somewhere in Mexico here ;p)

Most of the pictures are taken with my Canon Rebel T5 DSLR, My Iphone, or our Fuji waterproof camera.

Let's get this Christmas adventure started!

Back in July 2017, Susan and I traveled to Kansas City for the Convention of the direct Selling company we are apart of, Scentsy.

We flew out of Seattle, a hub for Alaska Airlines. Can you tell?

IMG_7489-L.jpg

IMG_7503-L.jpg

You're probably asking why I am starting in July for a Christmas Cruise to Mexico. Well, Susan didn't know about the trip yet.

IMG_7512-L.jpg

We got boarded and situated in our seats. I was absolutely giddy by this time.

After takeoff, I get some fabulous pictures of the Pacific Northwest.

IMG_7629-L.jpg

Puget Sound

IMG_7649-L.jpg

Mt. Rainier

IMG_7650-L.jpg

Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens

IMG_7665-L.jpg

Mt Rainier (far right), Mt. Adams (left), and Oregon's Mt. Hood (top rear).

IMG_7674-L.jpg

Flying over Snoqualmie Pass and I-90

I pull out Susan's birthday present!

A card, a Starbucks gift card, and a puzzle....

IMG_7689-L.jpg

Susan reading the instructions to her gift.

IMG_7690-L.jpg

Starting to work on the crossword puzzle.

IMG_7691-L.jpg

IMG_7692-L.jpg

Reading the clues...

When all was said and done, Susan found out her birthday gift was a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Norwegian Star out of LA over Christmas. She was over the clouds with excitement! Literally, over the clouds as we were in an airplane.

This adventure to be continued...

Thank you very much for such a detailed review of your trip. Visiting Alaska is on my Dad's wishlist. We're taking the Norwegian Sun on an Alaskan cruise in 2.5 weeks. First cruise for both of us. First time to Alaska. This made my tendency to worry about things ease quite a bit. What a wonderful trip you've had.

Thank you very much for such a detailed review of your trip. Visiting Alaska is on my Dad's wishlist. We're taking the Norwegian Sun on an Alaskan cruise in 2.5 weeks. First cruise for both of us. First time to Alaska. This made my tendency to worry about things ease quite a bit. What a wonderful trip you've had.

Glad you enjoyed reading it! Enjoy your cruise! Take lots of pictures to remember it by!

Thanks for re-posting your review (curse you photobucket!), loved all the pictures. Alaska is on my bucket list but it's going to be a few years before I can get there.

Thank you! It was fun to relive it! Yes curse photobucket.

Save a little at a time and you'll get there quickly!

Thanks so much for the review, I am cruising on the Sun later this month for the 10 Day Glacier Bay cruise and this certainly eased my mind and worries about the ship and how things will work. This will be my cruise every. I appreciate all the pictures and honest reviews. Very helpful and looking forward to an amazing time!

Thanks so much for the review, I am cruising on the Sun later this month for the 10 Day Glacier Bay cruise and this certainly eased my mind and worries about the ship and how things will work. This will be my cruise every. I appreciate all the pictures and honest reviews. Very helpful and looking forward to an amazing time!

Thank you for your comments! I hope you enjoy your cruise. Take lots of pictures and share them with others!

Wow Wow Wow! Great pictures! Great review! I especially enjoyed your pictures of your Alaskan RR trip to Seward because we plan on doing the same thing next July. Can I ask you where on the train when you took those auesome pictures? Thanks for sharing!

Wow Wow Wow! Great pictures! Great review! I especially enjoyed your pictures of your Alaskan RR trip to Seward because we plan on doing the same thing next July. Can I ask you where on the train when you took those auesome pictures? Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your comments! Most of the pictures were taken out the vestibule of the car. They are open and I spent a ton of time at the window. Some pictures were taken in the dome car. I loved the wind in my face and the beautiful scenery!

Enjoyed your review! Went through it 2 or 3 times. As we are looking at doing a S/B cruise with 3-5 day DIY land tour in and around Anchorage/Homer/Seward in 2-3 years. My question is you took the train from Vancouver to Seattle after your city tour. But I didn't see where you names the line, or how you really got there. I am looking at options on how to get back to Seattle after our cruise, w/o just flying down as we want to spend a couple of days there on our return. Thanks

Enjoyed your review! Went through it 2 or 3 times. As we are looking at doing a S/B cruise with 3-5 day DIY land tour in and around Anchorage/Homer/Seward in 2-3 years. My question is you took the train from Vancouver to Seattle after your city tour. But I didn't see where you names the line, or how you really got there. I am looking at options on how to get back to Seattle after our cruise, w/o just flying down as we want to spend a couple of days there on our return. Thanks

After picking up our bags from CDS baggage storage at Canada Place, we caught a taxi to Pacific Central Train and bus station. We caught the evening train on Amtrak (leaves at about 5:30pm). You arrive into Seattle about 10:15pm. I recommend the train, it's relaxing and they have a Bistro car where you can get dinner.

The train arrives downtown Seattle at King Street Station. So it's a short Uber/taxi ride to downtown hotels.

After picking up our bags from CDS baggage storage at Canada Place, we caught a taxi to Pacific Central Train and bus station. We caught the evening train on Amtrak (leaves at about 5:30pm). You arrive into Seattle about 10:15pm. I recommend the train, it's relaxing and they have a Bistro car where you can get dinner.

The train arrives downtown Seattle at King Street Station. So it's a short Uber/taxi ride to downtown hotels.

Based on this years timetable there are only 2 departures 6:30 am and 5:30 pm. I would assume the early one is impossible. Is the station an easy/short ride from the pier? Cost less than $20? Or closer to $50? We haven't ventured into the Uber life yet, so is there a bus that would do the trick?

Based on this years timetable there are only 2 departures 6:30 am and 5:30 pm. I would assume the early one is impossible. Is the station an easy/short ride from the pier? Cost less than $20? Or closer to $50? We haven't ventured into the Uber life yet, so is there a bus that would do the trick?

The taxi was $15 or so for the two of us. You could reach the station by sky train the automated train system Vancouver has, but you have to handle your own luggage.

No Uber in Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
I'm sailing out of Seward on Sept. 10th, plan on taking the Costal Classic up from Anchorage, looks like the only train departs at 6:45am from Seward. Boat sails at 9pm. As a practical matter, what do I do with my luggage while I'm kicking around Seward?

You can tag your luggage and check it to the ship at the train station in Anchorage. Then you can explore Seward before boarding!

• 4 months later...
i-zf2wQk7-L.jpg

i-9NPQnTg-L.jpg

i-fdDwnhd-L.jpg

i-vQbM8JM-L.jpg

Joaquin, the Concierge, was waiting by the elevators when we walked down to Deck 5. He said that they would be ready to let passengers off in one minute. Once they said they were ready, he motioned us toward the exit. Thus, I was the first passenger off the boat with Susan right behind me in Ketchikan.

i-BT5fP56-L.jpg

Ketchikan, Home of Liquid Sunshine!

i-69t9gxh-L.jpg

Selfie time!

Really enjoyed your review! Can I ask Susan what kind of rain jacket she wore. I am cruising on July 21 on Princess and at a loss on what kind of rain jacket to bring! I ordered 4 so far with no luck ! Either too heavy or to lite.Thanks!

Really enjoyed your review! Can I ask Susan what kind of rain jacket she wore. I am cruising on July 21 on Princess and at a loss on what kind of rain jacket to bring! I ordered 4 so far with no luck ! Either too heavy or to lite.Thanks!

She was wearing a Saint Johns Bay (jcpenneys) coat in this picture. It was not very waterproof. We are cruising in June this year back to Alaska and she is bringing her Columbia brand rain jacket which is far more waterproof. She likes how lightweight it is.