Ecstasy - Mongolian wok???

wrennies

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off Ecstacy on Wednesday. Nothing Asian whatsoever. We were totally disappointed in the food this time. Breakfast was OK. Same thing every day, except they'd change up between waffles, pancakes and French toast. I tried eating the lunch buffet but it just wasn't good and the variety was non existent. Guy's Burgers was good. The main dining room was a disappointment too. Even the desserts were nothing to write home about, decided to try the deli one day. Thought they couldn't get a grilled ham and cheese sandwich wrong. Well.... it had no taste whatsoever. Even the cheese had no taste. My husband did say the hot dogs at the deli were good.

We were on a 6 day sailing in August and we did like the food - I guess everyone is different. We never went to the buffet for lunch or dinner so I can't speak as to whether or not there were any Asian entrees there. We did have a couple of Asian appetizer choices in the MDR, I did try some spring rolls one night and I liked them, but there were no Asian entrees as such.

Did the Sea Day Brunch for both of our sea days (omelets, pancakes, bacon, fruit), and the other days we either ate in the port or did Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana. My husband did get a Reuben to order one day from the deli and he did like it. And all three of my kids were into the pizza.

The MDR was for me kind of hit or miss, although I found a few things that I really liked and kept eating them. I think I had the chocolate melting cake 5 nights out of the 6, and I had the salmon 4 times. My variety came with trying different salads and appetizers, I knew that if I had the salmon and the chocolate melting cake I would be happy with my dinner, and I was!