New Perspective on Cruising the Sun--Part Two!!

nadirsup

Hello Sun Lovers!! For those familiar with my previous "New Perspective" thread, you know what this means right? Casey is back on board the Sun for another six month "tour" of fun in the..SUN! For anyone unfamiliar with our daughter Casey is a photographer on the NCL Sun and is just beginning her 2nd contract on the ship. I began my first thread at the end of her first tour from August--February/Alaska to South America (See previous thread) as a newbie "thread starter"--lurking is fun but this is MORE fun! I only wish I had started doing this earlier (I am still new to this but learning all the time....).

After an all too quick six week "vacation"// visit home, Casey flew out of Fort Myers, Fl to Buenos Aries where she boarded the Sun on Monday 4/10/17, but what an amazing time we all had with her while she was home! Listening to the details of her adventure, in between her travels up/down/across the state to visit with family and friends filled the days, but the highlight of her time home was our family "vacation" on the NCL Jade the first of March--this would be the Jade's final cruise before dry dock renovations. This was Casey's idea and she was really looking forward to cruising as a passenger, and what a time it was (This was also her younger brothers first cruise.)! The trip was awesome in so many ways and listening to Casey's comments with her "insider" knowledge had me and my wife smiling the entire trip (After an hour in a line that would take three to embark:::Casey to family...."Now I know why guests are not too happy to get embarkation photos!":o....followed by the occasional "grrrrrrr":evilsmile:). We were not on the ship long before "I miss my Sun!", and "Uh! I want to be back on my ship!" became more frequent comments:hearteyes:--but we had an exceptional "tour" guide and that cruise will always stand out in our memories.

While she was home Casey started a blog--http://www.happiworldtraveler.co--about her first tour and plans on doing her best to keep it updated with prose and photos as the Sun cruises along. Many of you--MellyMel612--nw gardener--cuterlmt--davesgirl51--have responded with future dates booked on the Sun and I thank you along with everyone else who will be aboard for saying hello to Casey! She will take your picture--that is her job--but she will also take the time to get to know you. Thanks for listening and most of all....ENJOY YOUR CRUISE! :cool::hearteyes::ship:

I'm seriously considering booking the 9-day Alaska itinerary on the Sun in late May 2018, but very disappointed it doesn't go to Glacier Bay. I'm curious wht you and Casey think of the Sun's suitability to Alaska weather and whether she'd recommend a longer cruise with more ports but missing GB. Thanks!

TY fan1967. In my limited experience on CC I am sure you could get a great answer to that question cruising the Sun boards--there are some EXCELLENT trip reports from the Alaskan leg with great info. My daughter has limited experience off the ship--the time she has is usually spent shopping! But check out the Sun trip reports, I think you will find what you're looking for there!

Awesome jrfrm!! Ty so much-- look forward to hearing from her about you and every one who shouts out to her and it will sure bring a smile to her face!

If she could get my husband to smile in a photo I'd be forever grateful :')

Didn't see part one, so don't know what to expect here:) Looking forward to reading anything you post. DH and I will be boarding the Sun in Vancouver, the end of September and staying on the Sun until she reaches Miami. Maybe we can get Casey to take a few pic's. :) This will be the 4th time on the Sun for DH and I.

Wow and thanks for all the replies and for the future shout outs to Casey! gravitar--what a great Idea--I will check with her but I see no reason why she could not shoot all the CC meet and greets! I think NCL would be amiss for not having a photographer at all CC meets. TO ALL:::If you have a scheduled meet and greet on the Sun before September let me know time and location and I will try to have Casey shoot it (Oh wait, I can just go to the meet and greet page for that, right? Dang, this newb is catching on!). :cool:

ljrfrm--Can I stack the deck and fore warn Casey about the couple boarding July 3rd and a hubby that does not smile? tehee.....I think I will....She loves a challenge!! ;p

debnjoe1438 Unfortunately for Casey she leaves the Sun in October before the PC transit, however she did cross it last October and we were able to visit her on the ship in Miami (We live in Fort Myers 2.5 hours from the Port.). AND she got to do it AGAIN after embarking Miami heading back to Mexico! She was so amazed to have done the transit not once but twice and really appreciated the opportunity. :D

The Sun is in the Falkland Islands today, Easter Sunday--the first Easter Sunday ever without our daughter and the first Easter we are not all together at Mom's coloring eggs (Yes, our family still colors eggs!) and eating a tremendous and wonderful meal. But no worries, I have the skills and will be making stuffed Cornish Game Hens with all the fixings (I know every one likes food pics in here, and I guess it's time I step up my game and figure out how to upload photos here--maybe I will "practice" that with tonight's dinner pics! tehee....I will probably be the first person to post non TRIP related pics of food in here...heh...).

Thanks again for listening all--sending love to Casey....and Happy Easter!!:halo:

My family of 8 will be cruising July 3-10 to Alaska! Maybe she will grab a photo of us!! I read your last Perspective and look forward to reading this one!! We are attending the Meet and Greet I think it's a wonderful idea to ask her to take photos!!!! Happy Easter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ljrfrm--Can I stack the deck and fore warn Casey about the couple boarding July 3rd and a hubby that does not smile? tehee.....I think I will....She loves a challenge!! ;p

Haha, yes - that would be such a challenge for her though!! And although we have a small group for our Meet and Greet, it would be fun to have her come!!! Great idea Gravitar!! :)

1161319768_Picture010.jpg.2f299bab9a6d2f02b8db7941ea0be54c.jpg

Okay so as promised, my first attempt at posting pics! Tehee...this is Casey last year--"posing" as cruise member for your photos on the rail....I have to get the Easter Bunny pic uploaded--it's too cute! For now lets see what happens when I SUBMIT! Heh.....

Sparling--you have a family of EIGHT you said cruising the Sun July 3rd? Amazing! I will give her plenty of notice to look for you all!

73t9g1--June 26--got it, consider your pics VIP from Casey, and thanks again for the HELLO's!!

We just got an update from our little Rock Star--After leaving Punta Arenas (Chile Antarctica) the 19th, the Sun had two rough days at sea on her way to Puerto Chacabuco, Chile. Casey texted mom to say the ship was "tilting" more than she had ever experienced! Items in her room were "flying off the shelf"! Sea days are always more work for most of the staff, but Casey said they were making the best of it and looking forward to the next port.

The Chilean Fjords (Patagonia) are such a unique destination (I do not remember THIS part of South America in history lessons!)--last year before Casey cruised south from Mexico I had researched Chile and the Sun's ports of call--from the quaint Puerto Montt settled by German colonists in 1852 and and the Orsono Volcano--. to Valparaiso in Santiago with their recently modernized cruise terminal--this leg of the Sun's itinerary is truly distinct, and Casey absolutely loves this part of South America. Hopefully she gets some good WiFi and can send some pics and update us all!

Again, thanks all for listening and I promise to upload more pics in exchange for the Casey shout outs!

Falkland.JPG.35502d35a87eff71ebbddc0976a74dbd.JPG

Sparling--you have a family of EIGHT you said cruising the Sun July 3rd? Amazing! I will give her plenty of notice to look for you all!

Yes! It's a family trip with my Mom, my family and my sisters family! We will have 3 teens 13,14 and 15 with us! Getting so excited!!!! Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jinkies--(Love the nik!)....You MUST get a selfie of you and Casey and post it here! (I guess that goes for every one else too--MAKE MY DAY!! Heh....)

And WOW Sparling--gonna have to tell Casey to get the wide angle lens to fit you all in on one photo! tehee....

Both girls are working their way NORTH! Wehee....lots of Alaska in the future with lots of you boarding for what will be AMAZING trips! We can not wait--I am almost as excited as you all and I'll be sitting at home cruising vicariously as I do....and thanks again for listening, keep me updated on your dates and any Meet and Greets! (Awaiting updates from Casey--will pass them and any photos on as we go....)

We have our Meet and Greet on July 4th at 11 am (at Las Ramblas) so she should definitely come by. She may need that extra time to get my husband to smile too - ha!!

I will take a photo of Casey too for you! :)

We board the Sun May 15 in San Francisco. We'll look for her!

We have about 100 registered for the Meet and Greet. It would be awesome to have a group photo. NCL did that for our groups a few times, but they charge for the photo (just like all the photos they take).

Our M&G is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15 in Las Ramblas. Hope she can make it!