Tips for Queen Victoria SF to Sydney in 2019

muggo11

Think I am ready to push the reservation button for our first Cunard cruise after 17 Carnival and 17 Princess cruises. Yes, we have formal wear from over 40 years of work as an arts administrator! So no worries on that front.

We can afford an interior for the 21-day trans-pacific. Are there a lot of places those of us budget conscious folks cannot go or things we can"t experience? Anything like A Sanctuary deck you can pay extra for? Lots of sea days which we love. Are there lots of free quiet places on deck with lounges to enjoy? My favorite activity is reading and napping while watching the ocean. With or without blankets.

Going to check reviews now but would love the hive's advice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The only area you will not be allow into is the Grills bit which is at the top of the ship so it's not a real issue, well not for me anyway.

There are lots of nice places to sit outside, a selection of large chairs/sofa with cushions, tables and chairs and loungers.

Inside, I would tend to sit in the Queen Room, nice comfortable arm chairs with a view of the ocean. Or in the Lido eating the free ice cream :)

QV is currently undergoing a refit in Palermo which includes a complete makeover of the aft of the ship. The renderings for the aft Lido Pool Deck area look fabulous and will be a great place to chill out on the sea days. On QE (which is of similar design) this area wasn't terribly appealing, but the QV refit looks as if it will be great! Hopefully they will do the same on QE.

Enjoy your cruise! I might consider it myself.