Queen Victoria Q6 Refit Updates

ATLJC

Just off the QV Voyage 715D in Queen's Grill Q6 5191

Grill cabins (other than the newly added stern cabins) were only refreshed with carpet and bedding.

No replacement of furniture, furnishings, or artwork.

According to our Butler, because of the shortened size of the newly installed aft balconies on decks 6-8, ALL table and chairs were removed from ALL Grill cabins, for parity's sake, so no balcony dining is possible. There are two nice wicker loungers with ottomans and a chest that serves as a table and place to store the lounger cushions during inclement weather.

Although we didn't benefit from any of the newly added furnishings, we thoroughly enjoyed the cabin and the service rendered by the staff. We did get to peek into an aft Q4 Penthouse and they are quite spectacular. Our Butler did say that our Q6 was still the largest of the Q4-Q6 options, so if a larger cabin size is your preference, I recommend 5191 or it's sister cabins 5192, 4191, and 4190 (the balconies on deck 4 are the largest available and get the most sun).

Pictures of 5191 can be found at:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskZA1VkH

Sorry,but there is definitely an outside table and chairs amongst other outdoor furnishings in QG Q1 suites. So it isn't removal of table and chairs for ALL grills. This is a new suite and aft 6&7.

Nothing to be sorry about - just relaying what was told to us by our Butler. Didn't get to sneak a peek at a Q1, so can't confirm myself - just relaying that she said the large outdoor dining table that was present before the refit had been removed because of the reduced balcony size.

Perhaps she failed to mention that something smaller had been added in its place.

Nothing to be sorry about - just relaying what was told to us by our Butler. Didn't get to sneak a peek at a Q1, so can't confirm myself - just relaying that she said the large outdoor dining table that was present before the refit had been removed because of the reduced balcony size.

Perhaps she failed to mention that something smaller had been added in its place.

Except of course the deck 4&5 balconies haven't changed at all.

There are pictures on a new thread here on CC of a new Q1 with table and chairs outside. I only say this as in your initial thread you said that your butler had said ALL tables and chairs had been removed for parity. Perhaps he/she wasn't completely knowledgeable about all QG suites.

So pleased to note that decks 4 and 5 haven't changed.

We had 5191 last September and loved the cabin and balcony. It is a shame they have removed the dining table as we had many champagne breakfasts outside.

Gill/Tony - enjoy the cabin as we did. You will remember it well after joining us for pre-dinner drinks last year.

Lynne

The table shown on the new suite seems smaller than the ones which used to be on the Q6 balconies and nowhere near the size of the old Q1 tables. It looks as if you could manage drinks but not a proper meal.

There are pictures on a new thread here on CC of a new Q1 with table and chairs outside. I only say this as in your initial thread you said that your butler had said ALL tables and chairs had been removed for parity. Perhaps he/she wasn't completely knowledgeable about all QG suites.

Thanks for that - I stand corrected! I found the thread and see the balcony furnishings and they are truly unique to the Q1 grade. The balcony dining table that was present prior to the refit could easily accommodate all four occupants of the suite for a meal, but the newer replacement looks like it can cozily sit just two. Fortunately, in-suite dining still can be accomplished in the dining area of the Q1 suite for all, but with the smaller bistro table, dining on the balcony is apparently not an option for a fully occupied suite any longer.

It is unfortunate that anyone outside of the Q1 grade can't enjoy a nice breakfast out on the balcony. I felt that there was an immense waste of space with our two chairs and table/chest pushed into a corner of the balcony with a vast space of nothing else to fill.

Thanks for that - I stand corrected! I found the thread and see the balcony furnishings and they are truly unique to the Q1 grade. The balcony dining table that was present prior to the refit could easily accommodate all four occupants of the suite for a meal, but the newer replacement looks like it can cozily sit just two. Fortunately, in-suite dining still can be accomplished in the dining area of the Q1 suite for all, but with the smaller bistro table, dining on the balcony is apparently not an option for a fully occupied suite any longer.

It is unfortunate that anyone outside of the Q1 grade can't enjoy a nice breakfast out on the balcony. I felt that there was an immense waste of space with our two chairs and table/chest pushed into a corner of the balcony with a vast space of nothing else to fill.

I might take an inflatable mattress!

You are absolutely correct, it seems a total waste, when you have such a nice balcony to enjoy. Nothing nicer than an al fresco brekkie on the balcony!

I might take an inflatable mattress!

We were in port with an AIDA ship while in Venice and I saw a couple of hammocks slung across the balconies. Have never seen that before, but thought what a perfect addition to our balcony that would have been!!