Ecstasy Review (with photos) July 17-22, 2017

Cruise_Q

Hellllllo Fellow Cruisers

I went on Ecstasy and HAD A BLAST!!!

I booked this cruise out of Charleston because my family was having a reunion in Myrtle Beach and we wanted to still attend and have our 28th Anniversary / VACA trip too. At first I was a little worried that we were going on this particular ship because it was a lot smaller then i am use to and it did not have the outdoor theater like the newer ships. I thought we would not have as much fun as in the past but i could not have been more incorrect! This, to date, was the best cruise i have ever been on. I mean from the crew to the ship it's self to entertainment and you name it. I will give more detail on the fun we had as I continue with this review.

So My husband and I flew to Myrtle Beach from DFW on Spirit. We had to change planes in Detroit, where I am from and where most of my family would be coming from to the reunion in Myrtle Beach. My cousin arranged for us to sit behind him on the plane. That was a surprise since he told me he had to work and would be down the next day. He had a nice sign waiting for us when we boarded the plane.

sign.jpg.6b5a0bb94a1afe54a3895c94519acdf5.jpg

We had a fabulous time in Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

The day before boarding the ship, drove down to Charleston from Myrtle beach and stayed the night at the Holiday Inn River View. Great hotel. Great location.

hotel.jpg.a22a2ec1f9fc292c74e3c46f6dc2c5ba.jpg

This hotel had a stay and park option. Or you can stay and they will take you to the port for like $5.00 but you have to pre- register at the font desk.

More to come soon!!

Can't wait, tell everything!! We are booked on the 7 day 1/20/18 sailing. We are also coming from Myrtle Beach where we snowbird from Nov to Apr.

Ecstasy was our second cruise in 1993 and can't wait to see how she's held up and changed. We have late dinner and hope that will not interfere with any shows getting a good seat.

OH dang, girl, this is my ship!! Our first ever cruise, last May on the Ecstasy. I will love her forever and would sail her again in a heartbeat. It was me, my wife and two kids and we had a blast. Just wish it was more than 5 days. We went to Myrtle and drove down the next day to board. Now while in Myrtle we had to hit up Dirty Dan's for oysters and pitchers of margaritas. So good and buzz worthy. Can't wait for your review, let's go!

Have many, many nights on Fantasy-class ships, most of them on Fantasy when she was sailing from Charleston. Loved the old gal! And Charleston is one of my favorite places.

Going on Ecstasy at the end of the month. It's been 4 years since my last Fantasy-class sailing, so I'm looking forward to returning "home." ;)

Friends took the upsell fairy's bait and moved from an aft balcony to an owner's suite! I'm staying in my typical, lowly 1A on Riviera (I'm solo) so it will be great fun checking out that suite!

Her blue-card DH is most impressed with receiving the 1-time Platinum upgrade that came with that bump in price.

Looking forward to hearing about the ports. We're going to Princess Cays and Freeport. Hope OP had the same itinerary. I'm looking for some details on Princess Cays.

Have many, many nights on Fantasy-class ships, most of them on Fantasy when she was sailing from Charleston. Loved the old gal! And Charleston is one of my favorite places.

Going on Ecstasy at the end of the month. It's been 4 years since my last Fantasy-class sailing, so I'm looking forward to returning "home." ;)

Friends took the upsell fairy's bait and moved from an aft balcony to an owner's suite! I'm staying in my typical, lowly 1A on Riviera (I'm solo) so it will be great fun checking out that suite!

Her blue-card DH is most impressed with receiving the 1-time Platinum upgrade that came with that bump in price.

Looking forward to hearing about the ports. We're going to Princess Cays and Freeport. Hope OP had the same itinerary. I'm looking for some details on Princess Cays.

We sailed on the Fantasy the same time as you in the past but we never met up we were with a group of 17 which kept us busy but also looking forward to information on the pincess cay stop we are sailing November 15th

Sent from my SM-G860P using Forums mobile app

We've sailed many times on the Fantasy, the Elation and this will be my second time on the Ecstasy coming up in a few weeks...we always feel like we've "come home" when we walk onto the ship!! The only thing I don't like is no sofa in the OV cabins...but we put up with that because we just love these older ships!!

Day 1

I got up and went to the top floor of the hotel to eat the buffet breakfast. I spotted the wheal tail far in the distance.

IMG_9787.JPG.10ec50bede5c168c3da43f429cae8ae0.JPG

After I ate, I rejoined the hubby to continue packing. We turned in our rental car, and was dropped back at the hotel by the rental car company. The hotel shuttle took us to the port. It was the smoothest transaction ever. The Port Authority viewed our documents, took our bags and we were dropped off at what seemed a privet gate. After showing our boarding passes we went into the building to check in through security. There was somewhat of a line but it was moving FAST. We submitted our CC for our sign and sail card (so glad we did as the line on the boat was CRAZY) and took our photo, were welcomed back to sailing with Carnival by the very attentive, professional staff, and were on to the ramp to board. Lickitty split....it was great.

IMG_9791.JPG.19d42518c02a05c59aa6d484121acd86.JPG

IMG_9790.JPG.6629fff72e4b5f4c42f37476b657873a.JPG