NCL Sun Balcony Coffee

x2tpd

I saw a thread where it was discussed the coffee pot inside the balcony suites. However there was never a definitive answer whether they were using pods or what kind of coffee it was. Can someone who was recently on the Sun please tell me so I can know if we need to bring coffee from home. The ships coffee is too strong for me.

I'm not positive but I have a feeling the answer might vary between balcony/mini-suite and actual suites. Maybe even between regular suites and owner's suites.

There are 2 videos from an Aft facing Penthouse Suite (SE) 8277 from Sept and Oct 2016 that show the machine and it looks to me to be a Nespresso CitiZ (uses OriginalLine capsules).

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/citiz-machines-range

I wish we were in a suite. Unfortunately we are in a balcony so just trying to figure out that coffee situation. I have confirmed with reservations that we will have a coffee pot but some other posts say that it is a pod machine and some others a regular pot. But I need to know what kind of coffee. Thank you all for helping,

We were on the Sun this last May, and balcony cabins have a coffee maker (1 cup pr serving) that have packets that are wrapped in foil. I like really strong coffee, and it is almost impossible to get strong coffee out of those machines. But also be aware, the coffee they provide (leaded or unleaded) does not taste very good at all.

Hope this helps! :D

I wish we were in a suite. Unfortunately we are in a balcony so just trying to figure out that coffee situation. I have confirmed with reservations that we will have a coffee pot but some other posts say that it is a pod machine and some others a regular pot. But I need to know what kind of coffee. Thank you all for helping,

Your roomnsteward will bring as much Regular or Decaf coffee as you want. Both the 1 cup and 4 cup coffee makers use sealed coffee filters (no pods).

We were on the Sun this last May, and balcony cabins have a coffee maker (1 cup pr serving) that have packets that are wrapped in foil. I like really strong coffee, and it is almost impossible to get strong coffee out of those machines. But also be aware, the coffee they provide (leaded or unleaded) does not taste very good at all.

Hope this helps! :D

So am I correct in thinking that I could just bring my own coffee grounds and this would work? Or do I need to get those coffee teabags?

Bring the coffee tea bags! :cool:

! - bring your own filtered coffee bags - it maybe messy until you fabricate a fix for using in NCLs pot i.e.

the square bag in the round pot container. Will have to figure out if the pot takes a 4 cup serving or just

1. Adjust the bag contents to match the kick you require out of your coffee.

Another rube Goldberg idea take a thermos or similar container and bring coffee back from the buffet

if that taste is what strikes a balance in your jump starting for the day.

Try another idea of filling the thermos the night before and pouring the coffee into the coffee maker

with or without coffee bags to just warm it up a bit - use the coffee in filling the pot container instead

of water.

Experiment around.

I bring my own instant coffee and need only a source of hot water to get my daily fix.

You can also order a Continental Breakfast with coffee without Room Service charge.

You NO LIKE well tell the Captain to turn the ship around and set a heading for Columbia

and take on some coffee cargo from Juan Valdez.

If on the POA while in Kona get some of Hawaii's best Kona Coffee.

Coffee coffee my Kingdom for a cup of Java !

Gad how I need my fix in the AM anyway I can get it !

Heck I know I did not answer your question either but certainly should have enlightened you with Options !

! - bring your own filtered coffee bags - it maybe messy until you fabricate a fix for using in NCLs pot i.e.

the square bag in the round pot container. Will have to figure out if the pot takes a 4 cup serving or just

1. Adjust the bag contents to match the kick you require out of your coffee.

Another rube Goldberg idea take a thermos or similar container and bring coffee back from the buffet

if that taste is what strikes a balance in your jump starting for the day.

Try another idea of filling the thermos the night before and pouring the coffee into the coffee maker

with or without coffee bags to just warm it up a bit - use the coffee in filling the pot container instead

of water.

Experiment around.

I bring my own instant coffee and need only a source of hot water to get my daily fix.

You can also order a Continental Breakfast with coffee without Room Service charge.

You NO LIKE well tell the Captain to turn the ship around and set a heading for Columbia

and take on some coffee cargo from Juan Valdez.

If on the POA while in Kona get some of Hawaii's best Kona Coffee.

Coffee coffee my Kingdom for a cup of Java !

Gad how I need my fix in the AM anyway I can get it !

Heck I know I did not answer your question either but certainly should have enlightened you with Options !

Thanks very much. The buffet coffee is just way too strong for me. I think I'm gonna go with the filtered coffee bags. Lots of helpful ideas in your post 🙂