kicked off the ship

obnurse

We sailed Carnival Destiny 10-19 thru 10-24. Two people got kicked off the ship at our last port of Nassau on 10-23. Can anyone tell me why they were kicked off? I can assume some reasons a passenger might get kicked off, but out of curiosity inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!

We sailed Carnival Destiny 10-19 thru 10-24. Two people got kicked off the ship at our last port of Nassau on 10-23. Can anyone tell me why they were kicked off? I can assume some reasons a passenger might get kicked off, but out of curiosity inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!

I think that is an answer you can only get from the parties involved.

You would have a better chance answering the question than anyone here, since you were on the ship.

How do you know they were "kicked" off . . . in other words, what is YOUR evidence of this action ? What did you OBSERVE ? :confused:

Did they have to shorten their cruise because of a death or serious illness in the family, for example. Were they taking advantage of the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and ending the cruise VOLUNTARILY there, or what? :confused:

Buying drinks for an underage passenger and then that passenger causes trouble is a primo way to get left on the dock. I'm not talking about a parent buying their near age offspring a drink or 2.

Getting caught with drugs will do the trick too.

And as stated above, D&D and giving Security a hard time is also a road map to the gangway!

Destruction of ships property is probably good for a heave ho too.

We had some folks smoking in our hallway and security just told them to stop. I dont think they kick you off for that.

That would be the stated reason, but it wouldn't be enforced until the people have gone way past any "reasonable behavior!"

What would have happened if the group on your ship refused to stop and became belligerent with Security?

I think the cruiselines are very tolerant, but once the tipping point is past, the pax is on the beach!

glrounds: We were getting ready to leave Nassau when a man and woman and their luggage left the ship and were on the pier. The lady and a bunch of luggage got into a golf cart and were driven away. The man remained on the pier with his luggage. People, including us, were on our balconies in anticipation of sail away. I was too far aft to hear what they were saying exactly but someone closer to him asked why he was leaving the ship. He said "it wasn't our choice, believe me." He proceeded to tell people on balconies closer to where he was standing what had happened but we couldn't hear what he was saying. Just curious. I know what CAN happen. I just wondered if anyone knew what actually did happen.

On our October 7 day cruise, we watched with amusement as the ship's security did shifts in front of a passengers cabin. Every several hours for a few days there was another guard posted in front of their door. Upon arriving at the debarkation port, the guards were gone and the cabin was empty very early in the morning.

Maybe too much Rum punch :D:D:D

Or maybe they purchased the wrong souvenirs!;) in port!

On our October 7 day cruise, we watched with amusement as the ship's security did shifts in front of a passengers cabin. Every several hours for a few days there was another guard posted in front of their door. Upon arriving at the debarkation port, the guards were gone and the cabin was empty very early in the morning.

We had a similar situation where security guarded the room 24 hours a day until we hit the 1st port. I asked one of the guards and it turns out 2 men in their 20's got a very young teen drunk and both had her in their room. Not sure if they were turned over to police or just kicked off the ship.

It wasn't on the Destiny...but last month there was a report of a young adult on a cruise ship threatening to take her own life.

They put security outside her door to assist the family until they could get her home.

I certainly hope she got the helps she needs and is doing ok....

glrounds: We were getting ready to leave Nassau when a man and woman and their luggage left the ship and were on the pier. The lady and a bunch of luggage got into a golf cart and were driven away. The man remained on the pier with his luggage. People, including us, were on our balconies in anticipation of sail away. I was too far aft to hear what they were saying exactly but someone closer to him asked why he was leaving the ship. He said "it wasn't our choice, believe me." He proceeded to tell people on balconies closer to where he was standing what had happened but we couldn't hear what he was saying. Just curious. I know what CAN happen. I just wondered if anyone knew what actually did happen.

That could have been something besides getting "kicked off" - like work insisting one of them come home, a kid breaking their leg or some other non-life threatening emergency that had nothing to do w/ Carnival. Or it could have been one of them had the flu?? Who knows - I'd be dying to know to just out of curiosity!!

Labor Day weekend on the Imagination this year two people we ran into got tossed off the ship ( well) one got tossed of when we got to Nassau for peeing on their neighbors cabin door. The other was kept in the brig until reach the Miami port because upon arriving back to the ship at 5am while partying hardy , instead of putting his bags on the x-ray maching he decided to put his body on it ...........LOL pretty funny but Carnival security didn't think so at all!!!

We met both of these guys the first day in the jacuzzi area .......they were hitting pretty hard already then LOL but seemed harmless enough.......guess they were a little too "foot loose and fancy free" LOL

Made for a good story though

Then why did you report they were "kicked off" the ship ? :confused:

What strikes me as very unusual, is that they were taken away on different conveyances ? The lady leaving separately ? Love affair gone awry ? Sea sickness became intolerable ?:confused:

There can be all kinds of reasons why people are asked to leave the ship. Google "kicked off Carnival ship" and there's a few stories there. I heard of one story here where the Feds were waiting at the debarkation customs station to arrest a felon who had a warrant out for his arrest. I guess Carnival or Homeland Security does run your name through its database. :eek:

We had some folks smoking in our hallway and security just told them to stop. I dont think they kick you off for that.

I agree... smoking pot is not likely to get you booted (I have smelled it too many times and they don't do anything, and shouldn't do anythign in my view.)

Now, being under the influence of any drug, including alcohol, and making a violent disturbance may easily get you kicked off.

So, if you punch someone, or get caught vandalizing something, they can kick you off. It can also happen if someone is acting in a predatory manner, or trying to sell stuff to the guests.

How do you know they were "kicked" off . . . in other words, what is YOUR evidence of this action ? What did you OBSERVE ? :confused:

Did they have to shorten their cruise because of a death or serious illness in the family, for example. Were they taking advantage of the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and ending the cruise VOLUNTARILY there, or what? :confused:

Couldn't be that if it was the last port of the cruise.

Then why did you report they were "kicked off" the ship ? :confused:

What strikes me as very unusual, is that they were taken away on different conveyances ? The lady leaving separately ? Love affair gone awry ? Sea sickness became intolerable ?:confused:

He/She didn't say they left on different conveyances. He/She said the lady and her luggage was driven away in a golf cart. The man was still on the pier with his luggage as the ship got underway. Many golf carts (but not all) only have room for a driver and 1 passenger. We don't know what happened to the man, the ship got underway. Perhaps the golf cart came back later to transport him as well.

We too were on this sailing. I think I maybe able to shed some light on what may have happened while we were in Nassau. While visiting the purser desk the morning we arrived in Nassau, I overheard a man talking on the phone trying to make arrangements for a sick traveling companion to disembark the ship. We left port late that evening and while I was paying down my sail and sign account I asked the purser why we were leaving late and she said they had a medical issue.

So I am presuming that it was a medical issue like the purser had stated and not someone being kicked off the ship.

We had a similar situation where security guarded the room 24 hours a day until we hit the 1st port. I asked one of the guards and it turns out 2 men in their 20's got a very young teen drunk and both had her in their room. Not sure if they were turned over to police or just kicked off the ship.

this is somewhat similar to an insident on a RCCL s Monarch a few yrs. back..WITH MY DAUGHTER..my son was a karate instructor at the time and found 2 young males in her cabin trying to get her drunk..*he s now a police investigator, Special Victims Unit*

Well, onward..between him and his 3 cousins proceeded to rat pack the punks pretty good..when security finally arrived the parents wanted to press charges against my son and his cousins..i interviened and told them that i wanted to press charges against the 2 young adults for contributing to the deliquency of a minor..

it was funny..everytime i passed by them anywhere on the ship they would hit the wall..those who have been in the military would know what that means.:D

He/She didn't say they left on different conveyances. He/She said the lady and her luggage was driven away in a golf cart. The man was still on the pier with his luggage as the ship got underway. Many golf carts (but not all) only have room for a driver and 1 passenger. We don't know what happened to the man, the ship got underway. Perhaps the golf cart came back later to transport him as well.

Well, then that would be SAME CONVEYANCE with DIFFERENT TIMES. Still strikes me [operative word] as being unusual that the man wasn't with his wife/girlfriend/cruisemate. But now we know they weren't "kicked off" the ship.

I agree... smoking pot is not likely to get you booted (I have smelled it too many times and they don't do anything, and shouldn't do anythign in my view.)

Now, being under the influence of any drug, including alcohol, and making a violent disturbance may easily get you kicked off.

So, if you punch someone, or get caught vandalizing something, they can kick you off. It can also happen if someone is acting in a predatory manner, or trying to sell stuff to the guests.

Possession of an illegal substance will certainly get you removed from the ship.....any illegal substance, including the smoking kind.

Archived