Yachtsman' Itinerary Change

SMNYCruise

Just received an email that due to an "operational issue", our beach barbecue will take place at Spanish Town instead of Prickly Pear Beach.

i am assuming that this is due to mechanical difficulties Windsurf recently experienced. Has anyone recently been to Spanish town? Is it still a beach barbecue?

Our cruise is over three weeks away, so I assume many sailings are effected.

Just received an email that due to an "operational issue", our beach barbecue will take place at Spanish Town instead of Prickly Pear Beach.

i am assuming that this is due to mechanical difficulties Windsurf recently experienced. Has anyone recently been to Spanish town? Is it still a beach barbecue?

we are on 3/4/17 got the same email they say the beach is about a mile from the Baths

Look for Fischer Cove

Edited by tugboat

Look at Google Map to have a good idea of the distance by taxi. The Baths are really nice. There is also a restaurant on site. If you do not bring tuba and mask, make sure you go to the water sport deck to get the free rental one. You can keep them the length of the cruise.

I should have known you came from Québec with your screen name.

Santé !

Dan

HAHAHA. My French background LOL

Tuba (Fr) = Snorkel (En) . Not to be confused with the musical instrument:D

Not sure how watertight they are, but I suppose it might be possible to use a Tuba as a Snorkel.

And, I actually need to modify my statement as there was one occasion where the local "talent" brought on board to "entertain" us did include a tuba - of the "oom, pah, pah" variety. Very strange hour. One of those moments where you couldn't pull yourself away from the train wreck in progress and it gave us something to talk about over dinner.

This is what happened on our cruise in December - it actually has nothing to do with mechanical difficulties and more to do with the other location (near yacht club - it seems they have had some issues with them). The beach near Spanish Town is Fischer's Cove. The facilities were quite good and the location was great - VERY near The Baths (about a 5 minute taxi ride - so you could definitely do The Baths on your own). The beach BBQ was great - good food and well- organized. Spanish Town is the main town on Virgin Gorda.