My windstar

jumelle

Still nothing on my windstar. I called Windstar and was told that the new system could take months to work. Sounds strange to me. Booking #s have changed to a new system #. Even with the new booking #, I can log into My Windstar, see my history, and cannot see future bookings. Frustrating and not at all confident about the new system. If this were my first time booking on Windstar, I probably would have cancelled by now. Hope to see some progress soon.

I'm frustrated too. When we inquired a couple of weeks ago, we were told our April 23 booking would appear on My Windstar in January.

Somebody really bungled the migration.

• 2 weeks later...

What I don't understand is WS's apparently lack of desire to get status out to users.

When you log into My Windstar you see this text:

Welcome to My Windstar, where you can manage your reservations, access your customized itinerary, and keep track of your personal preferences, and make every voyage exactly what you want it to be.

It's just text. How hard it be to replace that with:

Welcome to My Windstar. We've recently ungraded our systems are are rebuilding My Windstar to include all upcoming itineraries. We expect this process to be completed by [DATE] after which you will again be able to manage your itineraries online. Meanwhile, if you do not see your voyage and wish to manage your reservation, please call Windstar at xxx-xxx-xxxx or contact your Travel Agent.

Years ago I worked in I/T on the web site for a Fortune 100. We would NEVER put something into production until it was thoroughly tested and ready to roll. It's better to have a clunky old site with limited functionality than a new one that flat out doesn't work. There is absolutely no reason that this couldn't have been sandboxed, rolled into a model web environment, tested for both bugs and usability, and then released.

• 2 weeks later...

The newsletter I received today gives some information that MyWindstar is only available for cruises on or before April 8 and that others should call. It sort of says improvements in the coming weeks, but I'm still not sure if or when other booked itins will ever appear on MyWindstar. Really a sloppy transition, it has now been months.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just went to the Windstar site (Jan 12, 2017) and on the My Windstar page there is this message:

My Windstar

Welcome to My Windstar, where you can manage your reservations, access your customized itinerary, and keep track of your personal preferences, and make every voyage exactly what you want it to be.

In our ongoing quest to make it easier for our guests and partners to work with us, Windstar is transitioning to a new reservation system. As we work through the transition, MyWindstar will only be available for guests with voyages departing on or before April 8, 2017. Guests sailing after April 8 will need to call our Vacation Planning department at 800-258-7245 to book shore excursions and manage reservation details. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience. A new and improved version of MyWindstar will be available in the coming weeks.

My voyage is on April 16, 2017 on Star Breeze. Just full paid last week. Have been having trouble even setting up a My Windstar account for the past several months.

Denise- Windstar Newbie

Spoke to Windstar today. They said will not be available until approx Feb 20. Hard to understand what takes so long

Can you clarify what they told you will be available then? All the upcoming voyages, or still some subset. Thanks.

I can log on. It has my history and personal info. It still says that I do not have any booked cruises. I have 2 in April and May. My TA said that it should work after I made my final payment. Wrong again. Made my final payment and still NOTHING. The cruises are nice. The office staff is pleasant even when they don't know anything. If this was my first experience with Windstar, I would be very uncomfortable. I am hoping that my ship is sailing when I arrive at the pier.

We called and were told the website will be up on 2/24/17. They gave us a different booking number than the one we got when we first booked our cruise. We are on the 10/28/17 Windsurf Morocco and Canary Island cruise.

This will be our first Windstar cruise but we are traveling with seasoned Windstar friends!

I am a little concerned with delay and booking shore excursions etc. We are using a travel agent and she has been helpful with getting some things booked.

. We are on the 10/28/17 Windsurf Morocco and Canary Island cruise.

I am a little concerned with delay and booking shore excursions etc. We are using a travel agent and she has been helpful with getting some things booked.

Your cruise is a long time away. I wouldn't be too worried about shore excursions. Have you considered booking private excursions? You can do that now and not wait. Usually better, more personal and less expensive, in my experience.