My Time Dining questions

kstom1

Hi all! I'm Diamond, but have never done My Time Dining. Booked Allure in August and the only option was My Time. I'm old school and would prefer traditional seating. Anyway, I'm traveling with a group of 11 and read that we can only make reservations for 10 people. So, how do we sit together? How do I make reservations?

Hi all! I'm Diamond, but have never done My Time Dining. Booked Allure in August and the only option was My Time. I'm old school and would prefer traditional seating. Anyway, I'm traveling with a group of 11 and read that we can only make reservations for 10 people. So, how do we sit together? How do I make reservations?

On our Serenade Thanksgiving cruise, we were traveling with a group of 11 people. We were all scheduled for different times and tables. Poor planning. We were able to get a group table for all of us by talking with the Concierge. Only issue, many wanted to eat early in order to catch the early shows so our seating time was 5:15. So, it is possible.

Go to the dining room as soon as you board and see if they can change you to traditional. Failing that, go to the MTD desk and make arrangements for your group.

With a group that large, traditional will work best, so get on the "wait list"! Then, if you don't get switched BEFORE you board, head to the dining room to remind them what you want. They will fix it....99% positive of that! They WANT you to be happy!

If you don't get traditional, then you should have standing reservations for MTD....large parties are hard to seat. They do have tables for 12, so that won't be a problem.

We had a party of 11 and made a standing reservation for 7:30 in MTD on the Serenade repo cruise from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale last November. We even requested, and got, our favorite waiter from several previous cruises. Speak to the host in the MTD dining room and he or she will do everything possible to accommodate you. No need to confine yourselves to the two traditional dining times if they don't work best for your group. On those occasions when our group chose to eat in one of the specialty restaurants, we simply informed our wait staff that we would be absent on that particular evening- no problem.:) On the rare occasion that the people who had our table before us were late in departing, we had, at most, a five minute wait while the staff cleared and reset the table for us.:)