Wine prices ! Insane ! 👎

tigerbeth

K.O. s also internet slang for Knock Out or OK. I've seen others use it as well, and they seem to use in the context for Knock Out.

On the important subject of wine, when we were on Harmony in the summer, we got friendly with the bartenders in Vintages. One was telling us that everyone with packages tends to order wines at the top limit of the package amount (before prices were raised), but actually he felt there were some much better wines below that price point. If you are on a ship with a Vintages, might be worth a drop by to chat with the bartenders there as they are pretty knowledgable, and my have some good suggestions within the price limit of the package.

Edited by KiwiGal117
Adding Important Wine Information!

It's probably been beaten to death here, but at Vintages my wife an I used our BOGO coupons (available even at gold level) to get a $124 bottle (ship price) of 2014 Caymus for $54. It retails for $70 or so. Basically they will charge you the "per glass" price for each ($27 * 2), use the BOGO, and then just give you the bottle in lieu of keeping the 5th glass around since it's not normally a "by the glass" wine. Another couple sat down and did the same thing (different bottle, but basically pay 2x the per-glass and get the whole bottle and if there's no per-glass listed they'll set you one).

So, on our cruise we had:

- The two bottles we brought on board,

- The bottle of caymus we paid $27*2*1.18% = $64 for,

- A bottle we bought the final day at their "60% off" sale, which was probably still above retail and I can't remember what it even was but my wife was happy with and it was about $40. The caveat is that these are usually close outs to bin numbers, so can be hit or miss if you're not sure what you like.

So we did just fine on wine for the week on wine. 4 bottles at basically retail prices.

K.O. s also internet slang for Knock Out or OK. I've seen others use it as well, and they seem to use in the context for Knock Out.

All of which is irrelevant because he writes that as his SIGNATURE because they are his INITIALS. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Merion_Mom

It's probably been beaten to death here, but at Vintages my wife an I used our BOGO coupons (available even at gold level) to get a $124 bottle (ship price) of 2014 Caymus for $54. It retails for $70 or so. Basically they will charge you the "per glass" price for each ($27 * 2), use the BOGO, and then just give you the bottle in lieu of keeping the 5th glass around since it's not normally a "by the glass" wine. Another couple sat down and did the same thing (different bottle, but basically pay 2x the per-glass and get the whole bottle and if there's no per-glass listed they'll set you one).

- A bottle we bought the final day at their "60% off" sale, which was probably still above retail and I can't remember what it even was but my wife was happy with and it was about $40. The caveat is that these are usually close outs to bin numbers, so can be hit or miss if you're not sure what you like.

So we did just fine on wine for the week on wine. 4 bottles at basically retail prices.

IMO this always bears re-posting.

Thanks for presenting this information again.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like you managed it well !!

As this is our first time on RCL can you clarify what 'BOGO ' coupons are ?

Thanks

Sounds like you managed it well !!

As this is our first time on RCL can you clarify what 'BOGO ' coupons are ?

Thanks

BOGO coupons are "buy one glass of wine, get one free". Each Crown & Anchor member (Royal's loyalty program) gets a single use BOGO coupon for a glass of wine, beer, or soda. You become a member of C&A after one completed cruise.

Has anyone thought about setting up a table outside the MDR to sell their 2 bottles of wine brought onto the ship? You could sell it for half the price of what RCCL charges and make a pretty good profit. :D

Has anyone thought about setting up a table outside the MDR to sell their 2 bottles of wine brought onto the ship? You could sell it for half the price of what RCCL charges and make a pretty good profit. :D

I like the way you think!:D

I wonder if they would wise up after you did it for 3 consecutive nights?;)