Short review: Enchantment 3 day cruise

Debarked yesterday from a 3 day cruise. For those thinking of doing this cruise but wondering about the ship I say go for it.

We live in Ft Lauderdale so a quick car ride to the port. We arrived a little after 11:00. From parking and check in we were on board at 11:20. We are Diamond level but there were no crowds at check in.

Went to Windjammer for lunch since we skipped breakfast. It wasn't crowded and a good selection to choose from.

Cabins were ready at 1:30. Since we boarded so early we left our one bag with the porter instead of lugging it around. We felt sorry for those who brought their luggage on board and carrying it everywhere. I will gladly wait for it to appear at my cabin door which it did around 5:00.

We wanted a relatively inexpensive getaway so booked inside cabin 2099 (deck 2). No issues at all with cabin. Clean, quiet is all we could ask for plus it was only a couple of cabins away from the elevator!!!

For the first time, instead of being on deck for sailaway we went to Viking Crown lounge. Had a great seat overlooking the pool and ship without the wind. Could still hear the band and people watching was great. Not that many people there so cocktail service was great.

We ate at Chops the 1st and 3rd night of the cruise and it was excellent. Hubby had filet both nights. I had upcharge lobster ($21) 1st night and short rib last night. We felt well worth the $35 charge for food/atmosphere/service.

2nd night we ate in Windjammer due to NFL playoff games.....GO PATRIOTS!

We did check out the menu for that night and for us it was very blah...shrimp ravioli, chicken, etc. Nothing stood out to us and I didn't want to take my Patriots jersey off!

Windjammer again and it served its purpose. Hubby loved the curry lamb.

We had the ultimate drink package. No issues with service at all.

No asking about survey and giving a good review. Actually our survey on line asked if any staff mentioned giving a good review so hopefully it's a thing of the past.

Ports......Coco Cay was cancelled due to seas. We weren't going anyway. Nassau....we have been 10 too many times!!! We got off the ship just for a quick walk and back on again to relax.

We found the ship to be in great condition. Service was great and staff so friendly. We found this refreshing after the larger ships we have been on and staff not as engaging as they are on the smaller ships.

Disembark was also a breeze. We woke up at 7:30. Out of the cabin at 8:00 and off the ship at 8:30. We were home at 10:00 and it would have been earlier except for an accident on 95 north.

We would book this again without hesitation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by brenderlou

Thanks for the great review. We are on the 3 day next week. Looking forward to it.

I take it no hold up at Customs..we have a noon flight out from FLL.

Not at all. Once we left the ship, got our luggage it was a quick trip thru customs. You should have no problem especially if you do walk off with luggage at 7:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by brenderlou