cabin 9078 or aft 7174 - Serenade

Both good cabins. Both have oversized balconies. 7174 is about 100 yd. walk to the elevators and stairs, while 9078 is about 20 ft. We've done both, and prefer 9078.

Edited by orville99

Hello,

We were in cabin 9078 on Serenade last year. Since you are concerned about noise...our experience was that the music in the Centrum every night was extremely loud...loud enough to clearly hear the words to all the songs! After 10pm the fire doors were closed, which helped mute the music, but then every person who went through the door let it slam, so that was a little annoying! If you are a night owl and not in your cabin until late, then noise should not be a problem, but if you are early to bed, you might want to bring ear plugs! The music was usually over by midnight at the latest. The room and the balcony were great, but we would not book it again because of the noise. That was our experience with 9078!

Which cabin would you choose? We are able to book either cabin 9078 or aft cabin 7174 on the Serenade. Which cabin is the better choice? I know - tough decision. lol

IMHO, stay away from #9078 as it gets very noisy from the entertainment emanating from the Atrium. Yes, it has a large balcony, but we had to vacate after 3 nites to another cabin away from the Atrium as we could not get any sleep during or 12 nite Medit. cruise back in August, '13. The primary problem, is that when Serenade and other Brilliance class ships went for refurb, they added additional speakers to enhance the music from the acts in the Atrium.

IMHO, stay away from #9078 as it gets very noisy from the entertainment emanating from the Atrium. Yes, it has a large balcony, but we had to vacate after 3 nites to another cabin away from the Atrium as we could not get any sleep during or 12 nite Medit. cruise back in August, '13. The primary problem, is that when Serenade and other Brilliance class ships went for refurb, they added additional speakers to enhance the music from the acts in the Atrium.

9078 is our stateroom of choice on any and all Radiance Class ships. Perhaps we are nightowls but the music in the Centrum never bothered us as it usually ended well before midnight and the convenient location near the elevators as opposed to the lengthy walk to the aft section of the ship was another plus. Didn't have to make sure that we had everything with us when we left the cabin in the morning so we wouldn't have that long walk back if we forgot something. Since we always book 9078 or its equivalent on the other side of the elevator lobby, perhaps I should join the chorus whose negative comments may discourage others from blocking our wishes by booking that cabin.;)

9078 is our stateroom of choice on any and all Radiance Class ships. Perhaps we are nightowls but the music in the Centrum never bothered us as it usually ended well before midnight and the convenient location near the elevators as opposed to the lengthy walk to the aft section of the ship was another plus. Didn't have to make sure that we had everything with us when we left the cabin in the morning so we wouldn't have that long walk back if we forgot something. Since we always book 9078 or its equivalent on the other side of the elevator lobby, perhaps I should join the chorus whose negative comments may discourage others from blocking our wishes by booking that cabin.;)

On the Serenade cruises, the entertainment in the Centrum went beyond 1 am. As a side, when we were complaining at GR, they and us could not hear one another. You are lucky that you can sleep with noise, but we could not and they even closed the emergency doors during the performances--to no avail.

7174 gets my vote as long as you don't mind the walk (173 steps one way, but who's counting!). We were in that cabin on our last cruise and really enjoyed the extra space on the balcony. We didn't experience any noise issues from the lounge below.

7174 gets my vote as long as you don't mind the walk (173 steps one way, but who's counting!). We were in that cabin on our last cruise and really enjoyed the extra space on the balcony. We didn't experience any noise issues from the lounge below.

You could always try for 1102, and save 67 steps:D (counted it once at 106)

• 1 year later...

Hi gwcruzer - how did you like cabin 7174? We are considering it but just noticed it is above the Congo Bar. Was there much noise? How was the walk to/from the stairs? How about the view from the balcony? Thanks!

We generally choose 6 no more then 10 rooms forward of the Elevators on all radiance Class and never been bothered by noise. One advantage we have found on that class, is if attending the shows, walk to the rear elevators not the Centrum and you are let out right at the doors going into the theater for the shows. We have not selected aft cabins on the Radiance class mainly because of the long walk to mid ship and we prefer being central, but that is our preference. The great thing of cruising, we all choose our rooms and location due to what we like. Perhaps if we chose an Aft Cabin we may find we really like the location.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
15 hours ago, GoTrulyBlue said:

I am repeating AJED's question to GWCruzer which went unanswered at the time:  How was (or is?) the noise from the Congo Bar just below the seventh floor aft rooms, like 7174 and 7176 and 7172.

We have been in 7174 and 7176 and never heard any noise from the Congo bar.  We were also in 9078 and will never book that cabin again because of the noise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoTrulyBlue said:

I am repeating AJED's question to GWCruzer which went unanswered at the time:  How was (or is?) the noise from the Congo Bar just below the seventh floor aft rooms, like 7174 and 7176 and 7172.

Heard some boom boom Base, been in all 3, though never heard it myself after 10ish. Over 200nites in Aft Cabins on Serenade and Brilliance. Great View, quiet otherwise, no second hand smoke from balconies on the side

Hi this is AJED :-) Sorry I didn't follow up on my own string!! We DID stay in 7174 and it was GREAT!! The views and privacy from that balcony are awesome!!! But just fyi, that being at the aft you will feel the waves more than in the middle. This was our first cruise and we definitely felt the waves in the aft compared to the middle of the ship...like woah, a little wobbly...but it only took a day or so to get those sea legs and head, and then we were fine. We took some precautionary steps with motion wristbands that you can get at your pharmacy etc. and had Dramamine on hand but we didn't need the latter. We were always moving around the ship and would spend a lot of time in the middle where all the fun is.  It's also a longer walk to where all the restaurants, fun, stairs and elevators are and especially to disembark so if you have an early activity get up earlier...give yourself a little extra time and, I would not recommend for someone who likes to go back to the room to refresh in between activities often. It gets old walking back and forth and I'd find myself bringing extra whatever we might need so we didn't have to walk back. :-) With all that said, we would stay in that cabin again without hesitation...very private, nice views from that balcony, and quiet from humans...just the sound of the ship and the water!! Enjoy your cruise!!!

• Thanks 1