Rum Runner Risks

Clepire

ah i see,

doesn't everyone fill their water bottles with Vodka, white rum or gin?

i don't but always assumed its a way to get booze on-board as they never check water bottles

:rolleyes:

Last time I sailed through Galveston and they were looking at my carry on bag to check that the two allowed bottles of wine hadn't been recorked with a different beverage inside, I watched one security guard teach the other how to tell if a bottle of water had been tampered with. Then they proceeded to find the booze that had been placed among the unopened bottles of water of another passenger. They've seen it all, and they seemed quite amused at all the booze they were confiscating.

I don't quite understand the obsession that some people on here have with smuggling booze. My ex-wife did it and I found it to be a royal pain in the @$$. Plus the one drink she tried to make with it tasted like mouthwash. Not worth the effort.

Last time I sailed through Galveston and they were looking at my carry on bag to check that the two allowed bottles of wine hadn't been recorked with a different beverage inside, I watched one security guard teach the other how to tell if a bottle of water had been tampered with. Then they proceeded to find the booze that had been placed among the unopened bottles of water of another passenger. They've seen it all, and they seemed quite amused at all the booze they were confiscating.

I don't quite understand the obsession that some people on here have with smuggling booze. My ex-wife did it and I found it to be a royal pain in the @$$. Plus the one drink she tried to make with it tasted like mouthwash. Not worth the effort.

That's why you need to get a bottle they can't see into ;)

I love the drink packages and we always purchase, but RCCL does not carry RumChata onboard so I usually take 1 rum runner of that with me so I can make my Cinnamon Toast Crunch drink... not had any issues in 8 or so cruises.

It is on the Anthem.

Obviously for some people it's the cost... but I also imagine it's kind of "fun" to try and pull it off since there are no real consequences if you get caught. People get to "be bad" for once... exciting!

My cheap-a** brother in law smuggled a rum runner, and it burst.

Upside: made it through security undetected!

Downside (really an upside for the rest of us laughing at his expense): He spent the first day of the cruise rinsing the alcohol out of his clothes and hanging them throughout the cabin to dry.

Use a crowbar, pry that wallet open and just buy the drinks!

I use a gallon zip lock bag and put with my toiletries. I really on bring some Malibu to spike their already weak drinks and to have some in the room. And Champagne for the last couple of nights. Happy to find out no corkage fee.

• 2 months later...

I once got called down to the naughty room because I had a child's scissor in my bag (to cut off tags of new clothes). It wasn't even a pointed one. A round one like the kids use in kindergarten. I said you are going to give me a steak knife but I can't have a blunted scissor. They said no. The best part of the story: My husband brought his dive knife down in his luggage on the same cruise-its big and sharp. They never found it. I never went to retrieve my scissor-just bought another one. Took a steak knife from the dining room and used that to cut off tags.

Anyone caught smuggling alcohol should be kicked off, plain and simple.

Buy the package or pay for single drinks and quit being cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I paid for the package, but just learned that some of the top shelf items I like drink may not be available. If I keep the drink package, but say smuggle in some Blanton's SFTB in a rum runner so I can make a drink or two in my room, should I be kicked off?

just curious.

but say smuggle in some Blanton's SFTB in a rum runner so I can make a drink or two in my room, should I be kicked off?

Just think of the logistics on a ship like Allure where 10K pieces of baggage need to be inspected in a few hours - the chances of any one item being deemed contraband are quite small. You couple that with careful packaging, disguises and other methods to defeat detection and chances drop to almost zero. ;)

I use a gallon zip lock bag and put with my toiletries. I really on bring some Malibu to spike their already weak drinks and to have some in the room. And Champagne for the last couple of nights. Happy to find out no corkage fee.

lol spiking drinks with smuggled Malibu

Protip: spike drinks with "hard liquor" or "your unavailable brand." Not wine cooler garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cauzneffct

I just want to bring on a box or two of capri suns for the kiddos...we don't drink soda and I allow them one juice box a day after they have met their water quota. Should I just try and take it on in my carry on or try and pack it. If they say no its only $4 lost so not biggie

I would lean toward carry on since the port security folks probably care more about security related items than contraband - though with juice boxes you should not have an issue either way.

good point, and then it's over one way or another right away and you don't have to worry about if your luggage will show up of if you will have to go down to security.

So I paid for the package, but just learned that some of the top shelf items I like drink may not be available. If I keep the drink package, but say smuggle in some Blanton's SFTB in a rum runner so I can make a drink or two in my room, should I be kicked off?

just curious.

Yep, shouldn´t make a difference.

I just want to bring on a box or two of capri suns for the kiddos...we don't drink soda and I allow them one juice box a day after they have met their water quota. Should I just try and take it on in my carry on or try and pack it. If they say no its only $4 lost so not biggie

I always bring on some water as well as some juice for my son (he has a medicine that has to be mixed in liquid and he has a preferred kind). I carry it on with me. Each time the security opens up my suitcase, sees what it is and that it is still closed, and sends me on my way. I've never had a problem and it delays me at security by only a minute or so.

What do people use as mixers with the smuggled alcohol?

Doesn't Royal C charge for anything that could be used?

When we sailed on Disney and they allowed you to carry on your own alcohol, we got juice at breakfast and kept it in the fridge for mixers later in the day.

Why is it so important to cheat on the rules. IMO you cheat on one rule you will cheat on others. Evidence of the "ME" attitude. I will do what I want,screw the rules.

So you are one of those kind of people :). So all rules should be followed blindly no matter what because they are rules? There's a few dictatorships in power for those reasons :D