Anyone else charged for Diamond free happy hour drinks?

On Oasis last year, twice we used the Diamond free happy hour drinks (the 3 free evening drinks). Both times we were charged for the drinks.

The first time, I told the bartender that we wanted to order from the diamond free drink menu. He brought out the little card, and we ordered 2 glasses of wine. He ran our cards, and there appeared to be no charge. The next day, we noticed the 2 glasses of wine on our account and needed to have the charge reversed.

The second time, I told the bartender that we were mistakenly charged the last time, and he assured me that would not happen this time. Again, we ordered 2 glasses of wine off the little Diamond Drink menu card. This time, we were charged for 1 glass :confused: . I spoke with Guest Services who said the charge would be removed. I checked again the next day, and the charge was still there. This time, Guest Services said we were charged for only 1 glass because the bartender applied the C&A BOGO wine coupon. I told them both glasses should have been complimentary since they were ordered during the Diamond happy hour, and they reversed the charge.

I never had this problem on any other ship, but was 2 for 2 on Oasis. It was such a hassle to deal with Guest Services, I stopped using the privilege. Anyone else experience this?

On Oasis last year, twice we used the Diamond free happy hour drinks (the 3 free evening drinks). Both times we were charged for the drinks.

The first time, I told the bartender that we wanted to order from the diamond free drink menu. He brought out the little card, and we ordered 2 glasses of wine. He ran our cards, and there appeared to be no charge. The next day, we noticed the 2 glasses of wine on our account and needed to have the charge reversed.

The second time, I told the bartender that we were mistakenly charged the last time, and he assured me that would not happen this time. Again, we ordered 2 glasses of wine off the little Diamond Drink menu card. This time, we were charged for 1 glass :confused: . I spoke with Guest Services who said the charge would be removed. I checked again the next day, and the charge was still there. This time, Guest Services said we were charged for only 1 glass because the bartender applied the C&A BOGO wine coupon. I told them both glasses should have been complimentary since they were ordered during the Diamond happy hour, and they reversed the charge.

I never had this problem on any other ship, but was 2 for 2 on Oasis. It was such a hassle to deal with Guest Services, I stopped using the privilege. Anyone else experience this?

It happened once on this past Easter Oasis cruise. Was reversed by CS. It happens, therefore, one must look at his/hers folio charges once a day for any erroneous charges.

Well, I'm not saying you didn't, but if you wrap $1 bills around your seapass card, they tend to pay more attention. I have had problems in the past with the bartender not knowing how to charge correctly when the program first came out a few years ago. New staff might not know how to ring it up correctly.

I also had one of the bar staff give us free chocolate martinis in R Bar on the Vision just because we were polite and tipped her the $1 per drink. She had some really rude D/D+ the week before. She just kept bringing them out.

If they are charging you, shouldn't you get a receipt showing the charge as well as needing to sign for the charge? On the ship's I've been on, I have gotten a receipt showing a $0 charge.

I will need to start taking those receipts from now on. Do you know if the customer copy is always printed automatically, or only upon request?

Well, I'm not saying you didn't, but if you wrap $1 bills around your seapass card, they tend to pay more attention.

:D:D It's true, some do, but some don't.

It sounds like it may be a training issue...? But it is strange that the second guy applied at C&A BOGO coupon instead. Again, only a problem on Oasis. I ordered these Diamond drinks almost nightly on Jewel this past summer with no issue whatsoever.

:D:D It's true, some do, but some don't.

It sounds like it may be a training issue...? But it is strange that the second guy applied at C&A BOGO coupon instead. Again, only a problem on Oasis. I ordered these Diamond drinks almost nightly on Jewel this past summer with no issue whatsoever.

I don't understand why it happens, as the bartenders scans your Sea Pass and if it is during the D free drinks time, it should be automatic. It probably is a IT glitch--what else is new. lol

What types of drinks are on the Diamond Drink list? Going to be a diamond after my next cruise and didn't realize the comp drinks were limited. Will I have to develop a taste for Boonesfarm and Rotgut vodka?

Just posted:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52025823&postcount=85

Never had to give or show my seapass to get a drink in the lounge, there is no reason to run your card

Unless it's a drink not included.

Harmony was the same, used both lounges and bars

At the bars we have showed our seapass but it was never run

If for some reason a bartender does run your card you get a ticket and the total price should say 0, if it does not, don't sign it

Edited by setsail

I ordered a vodka drink off my seapass to bring to my wife in the stateroom as she was getting ready for the evening. It was around 5:15pm during the last day of the cruise. I noticed the charge the morning of debarkation so went to guest relations. Their records said it was ordered around 4:08pm, which was totally bogus, but arguing over the $7 & change just didn't seem to be worth it at the time.

I ordered a vodka drink off my seapass to bring to my wife in the stateroom as she was getting ready for the evening. It was around 5:15pm during the last day of the cruise. I noticed the charge the morning of debarkation so went to guest relations. Their records said it was ordered around 4:08pm, which was totally bogus, but arguing over the $7 & change just didn't seem to be worth it at the time.

Interesting! I wonder whether some of the bars' system clocks have different times? I believe on both occasions we were within an hour of the happy hour end time. If the bars' clocks were ahead one hour, we would have been outside the limits.

Everyone on the board is complaining about various kind of charges appearing on their bill. There is something grossly wrong with Royal Caribbean's billing system.

Well, I'm sure it will be fine. I'm a vodka guy and have never tried New Amsterdam and it appears to be the only one they offer. That's what I was referring to by saying "no selection".

There is the same choice that I give my children.

Take it or leave it.

:rolleyes:

Just off Liberty, and we got charged every time we used the solarium bar, had to get it taken off. Never could get one there without getting charged, so we quit using it, and had no more problems.

We were on the Oasis last month and used our 3 drink vouchers everyday in different bars with no problems.

Which bar or bars did you use them in?

On the same cruise as you and we had wine at Vintages and no problem. Did not use them at any other bar as we went to Diamond Lounge each evening before dinner.