Live on Anthem of the Seas Royal Suite Class

loveg

Hello!

I am currently on the 5 day cruise to Bermuda! I will be reporting my Royal Genie experience! I am doing this because as I was attempting to research the program, I found there is some, but not much information.

Day 1:

Met Royal Genie Derick Martis at 12 noon at Zone 6. Derick explained the history of the program and took us right to our suite. It was a quick process ; we went through access areas only he could take us. When we got to the suite, He went through all paperwork in our Royal Suite Class folder. Derick also went through our Cruise Compass and highlighted things he thought we would be interested in. He showed us our mini bar stocked with all our sodas and water.

In our room, we had a taste of different food from different restaurants, complimentary wine and champagne.

We had visits from room steward who went over all she would do and left her business card. So far so good! We are now heading to the comedy show and then dinner at Jaime's Italian.

I will report my Genie experierience as it happens.

Wrap up Day 1

At the show, Derick was waiting for all his Star Class guest. We had great seats saved for us. That was a plus. Another great perk as a Star Class guess is the free laundry service. My husband spilled sauce on his shirt from Jaime's Italian, but he will be able to get it cleaned at no charge.

Also- waiting for us was the next day plans Derick had for us. It was the compass with suggestions. It is great to have someone else put together a day for you.

Wrapping it up for today. In room watching the complimentary in room movies.

Send me anymore questions you may have.

Edited by loveg

Day 2

After the gym and breakfast, our Royal Genie got us on the bumper cars. Line was wrapped around, but we got to the front of the line. That was fun! Later we meet our Genie with our suite guest for a behind the theater tour.

Now relaxing before movie.

image.jpg.67c006eb8292701f20b0899a43ad8036.jpg

Wrap up Day 1

At the show, Derick was waiting for all his Star Class guest. We had great seats saved for us. That was a plus. Another great perk as a Star Class guess is the free laundry service. My husband spilled sauce on his shirt from Jaime's Italian, but he will be able to get it cleaned at no charge.

Also- waiting for us was the next day plans Derick had for us. It was the compass with suggestions. It is great to have someone else put together a day for you.

Wrapping it up for today. In room watching the complimentary in room movies.

Send me anymore questions you may have.

What movies are the currently showing poolside. We are going on 11/10.

Aileen

When you say watching movies....are these DVDs that come from the Concierge or Pay Per View movies ? I had heard that this perk had been cut. Glad to hear differently.

ALso...for laundry....is this an unlimited service or just a time or 2 during the cruise ?

Have you had unlimited Thermal a Spa access ? That's another one that I heard had been cut.

Thanks so much !

When you say watching movies....are these DVDs that come from the Concierge or Pay Per View movies ? I had heard that this perk had been cut. Glad to hear differently.

ALso...for laundry....is this an unlimited service or just a time or 2 during the cruise ?

Have you had unlimited Thermal a Spa access ? That's another one that I heard had been cut.

Thanks so much !

The movies are in room that you would normally pat for. The laundry is unlimited service- wash, fold and iron. I will ask about thermal spa access.

OK sorry but what's the royal genie ???? and what suite do you have to be in ?

The Royal Genie is a "super concierge" that is assigned to anyone who have suites in the Star Class level. That is Grand loft suites and above.

Day 2 Wrap-up

Went to the Suite Private event. It was ok. Really did not mingle with the officers because they talked more with each other. I would skip this the next time.

Later in the afternoon, Derick arranged a behind the scenes tour. We enjoyed it. We toured the backstage and was shown how they put together We will Rock You and The Gift. We saw the props and costumes, which we were allowed to touch as well. Derick again got us great seats to the show The Gift. Great show.

We had dinner at Chops and was able to get the Lobster at no extra cost!

Will update with Genie experience tomorrow. In Bermuda.

How do you communicate with the genie if you need something ? How is drink service in your room? Do they book your shows for u or should we book before the trip ? Same with specialty restaurants. Awesome review. Sailing harmony in star class in march 17

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! We communicate with the genie through a Royal Loop app, but he also has a phone. You call him on his extension and he answers. He has set hours, but if there is an emergency, he will answer. I have not order drinks in the room because they have given so many bottles of wine and champagne. I did ask to stock my fridge with Amstel Light and they have. As far as the shows and dinner, the Royal Genie does it for you. You will receive an email from him/her a week before your cruise and you give your request.

Edited by loveg

Day 3

In Bermuda and Royal Genie was waiting for us at the gangway with coupons because he overheard I wanted to do shopping! After I returned to my room from a day at the beach, I received a call from Derick letting us know he was going to order our dinner in advance so when we get to the restaurant, we do not need to wait long. He did this because we had an excursion where dinner was late and could run into show time. We ate at Michael's Pub that does not take reservations, but Derick had a table reserved and food ordered; I gave him our order in advance.

One of the biggest things so far was a gift from our genie Derick. In my questionnare, I mentioned we wanted to see Hamilton on Broadway. Derick gave me the Hamilton CD, figurine and book. Nice touch!

As always, he had our seats reserved for the show.

Hi! We communicate with the genie through a Royal Loop app, but he also has a phone. You call him on his extension and he answers. He has set hours, but if there is an emergency, he will answer. I have not order drinks in the room because they have given so many bottles of wine and champagne. I did ask to stock my fridge with Amstel Light and they have. As far as the shows and dinner, the Royal Genie does it for you. You will receive an email from him/her a week before your cruise and you give your request.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums