Windstar sailings full?

russandcheryl

Doing our research with windstar ...Barbados to Barbados ...

Have the recent sailings been full? Nov and dec 2016

We just booked March 2017 and pretty well had our pick

Of cabins... Except for b cat ... They were guaranty.

Is usual to fill up in the last 90 days?

I was on this cruise 16 Dec. There were 127 passengers, so not full. They will start slashing the price if the cruise doesn't fill. We ended up with a huge on board credit that we had to actually work hard to spend, because the price kept going down and we kept getting more OBC.

As a side note, this was the roughest Windstar cruise I've ever been on. Many people were seasick and they had to call the stretcher team to pick up a man who fell in the lounge.

Suggest you bring whatever seasickness medication works for you.

Edited by 6rugrats

Was also in Dec.16 cruise, was rough for first and last day. Keep your eye on the website every few days. I book the cruise in May, in June the onboard credit deal showed up. Gave them a call and they gave us the credit. Then price went down. Called again, booked trip after price guarantee, but they still gave us more onboard credit. Like 6rugrats, used almost all of it. Get laundry package, worth every penny. Finishing my review yesterday, hope it shows up. Have a great trip

Hi, we are on that cruise on March 18th! Which week are you going?

We have lots of questions too. We have been on three big ship and two small ships. We much prefer the small ones.

Michael and Terri.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there - We are in March 25 - April 1

I started a roll call and saw the roll call for your date.

Our 1st small ship... 18 cruises on other lines

maybe we can keep each other informed

Hello, Considering booking a cruise out of SJ also in March. Could you tell me if Windstar honors price reductions after booking even if you booked through a travel agent, or only if you book direct with them? Thanks

This is Windstar's current policy - if the price goes down seven days or more before your cruise sails, they can give you either a cabin upgrade, onboard credit, future cruise credit or the difference in cost back to you. Doesn't matter if you booked with them or through a TA, though if you booked through a TA, your TA will have to call Windstar when the price goes down.

When the price on our cruise went down several times, even though I booked late, we got an upgrade to the highest cabin category (and who cares, they are all the same, just on a different deck), and onboard credit.

You don't get to choose, Windstar choses which they want to give to you. We ended up with a very large OBC that we had fun spending.

Hello, Considering booking a cruise out of SJ also in March. Could you tell me if Windstar honors price reductions after booking even if you booked through a travel agent, or only if you book direct with them? Thanks

I booked late through a TA, 5 weeks from sailing, days later Windstar's Xmas sale dropped the price substantially. It was made clear to my TA and then to Windstar that we would only accept an OBC, and that's what we were given. I have a good relationship with our TA, used her many times. It is also our first Windstar after loyalty to another line, so first impressions are valuable for them to cultivate. Don't know for sure, but having an experienced agent with a high volume agency ask for our OBC may have helped. The Windstar price match guarantee is a fantastic advantage for the value shopper, go ahead and book:)

Edited by Janet987

Sounds good. Please share any info on local tours. Don't see much on the Windstar website. We are staying on Barbados for a few night afterward, who knows we might bump into each other on the 25th.

We are arriving on March 21 ... 4 nights prior to cruise ... Staying at Hilton.