Harmony CLS ?

No difference that I can noticeably think of. 1754 is a bit close to the CK and SL.:D

Edit: 1748 and 1746 are across the hall from the deck 17 dishwashing station (in a closet) and there is a linen storage room there as well. 1750 is a bit closer to this area, but it isn't a huge noise inconvenience.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I added a picture. The red line is approximately where the two interior rooms are that I mentioned above.

e67c4c17caf1121731d202402b0b6bc8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks very much for that info...i now see that 1754 and 1756 are open. any one of these a better choice then 1750?

Edited by suss1234
change cabin #

thanks very much for that info...i now see that 1754 and 1756 are open. any one of these a better choice then 1750?

The only thing that I see is 1756 appears to have a marginally smaller balcony than 1754. If 1752 was open it would be the one I would choose, then 54 then 56. Starboard side typically gives you pier views, as port gangway is 99% done on that side of the ship. Sometimes in port you are more apt to view another ship across the pier. The good thing is you will be looking down on them from your balcony not into their cabin. Port side usually has water views while docked in the Caribbean.

The cabins themselves though should be the exact same. I know half the stewards on 17 and they are great. The only thing that stood out to me was the service closets I mentioned earlier.

The only thing that I see is 1756 appears to have a marginally smaller balcony than 1754. If 1752 was open it would be the one I would choose, then 54 then 56. Starboard side typically gives you pier views, as port gangway is 99% done on that side of the ship. Sometimes in port you are more apt to view another ship across the pier. The good thing is you will be looking down on them from your balcony not into their cabin. Port side usually has water views while docked in the Caribbean.

The cabins themselves though should be the exact same. I know half the stewards on 17 and they are great. The only thing that stood out to me was the service closets I mentioned earlier.

A&L I really appreciate the info. Thanks very much.

So while I have you. Would you go with the CLS over an Owners Suite.

Thanks again.....

A&L I really appreciate the info. Thanks very much.

So while I have you. Would you go with the CLS over an Owners Suite.

Thanks again.....

Our first experience with an Oasis Class ship was in an OS. It was great. Our second experience was on deck 17 and it was just equally as great. The differences are on two levels.

The first is location. You have two cabin stewards and not one so your cabin turnover is quicker. Deck 17 also has what we feel are the best stewards. The hallway foot traffic on 17 is a fraction compared to the decks with an OS. On 17 your cabin area is accessible by swiping your cabin key to access the hallway. This limited access means your door bell never gets rung in the middle of the night. You are also on the same level as the CK and SL, making it easier to get to compared to an OS.

The second is the cabin itself. A CLS is typically a bit cheaper than an OS. There are two full baths in a CLS. The down stairs has a shower, and the upstairs has a tub/shower combo. The OS has 1 bathroom with a shower, a separate tub, and two sinks. The OS has a great dining table which is better than the one in the CLS, but if you don't eat in your cabin it's no big deal. OS also has a nice table on the balcony compared to the CLS. A CLS has the flight of stairs which some don't like but others don't worry about. The OS balcony is larger than a CLS one. I will add the upstairs washrooms on Harmony are a different configuration than Oasis and Allure. They do not have the tub combo. They have a double shower with no tub.

We would always go with a CLS over an OS. We actually prefer the aft facing ones as we love watching the action on the sports deck. It is louder when you are on the balcony, than the water views, but everyone has their own preferences. When the door is shut there are is no to little outside noise.

I hope this helps you out.

A link to my Oasis review with OS photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659

A link to my Harmony review with CLS photos. I linked to the page where they start at post 623.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421856&page=32

Edited by A&L_Ont

Our first experience with an Oasis Class ship was in an OS. It was great. Our second experience was on deck 17 and it was just equally as great. The differences are on two levels.

The first is location. You have two cabin stewards and not one so your cabin turnover is quicker. Deck 17 also has what we feel are the best stewards. The hallway foot traffic on 17 is a fraction compared to the decks with an OS. On 17 your cabin area is accessible by swiping your cabin key to access the hallway. This limited access means your door bell never gets rung in the middle of the night. You are also on the same level as the CK and SL, making it easier to get to compared to an OS.

The second is the cabin itself. A CLS is typically a bit cheaper than an OS. There are two full baths in a CLS. The down stairs has a shower, and the upstairs has a tub/shower combo. The OS has 1 bathroom with a shower, a separate tub, and two sinks. The OS has a great dining table which is better than the one in the CLS, but if you don't eat in your cabin it's no big deal. OS also has a nice table on the balcony compared to the CLS. A CLS has the flight of stairs which some don't like but others don't worry about. The OS balcony is larger than a CLS one. I will add the upstairs washrooms on Harmony are a different configuration than Oasis and Allure. They do not have the tub combo. They have a double shower with no tub.

We would always go with a CLS over an OS. We actually prefer the aft facing ones as we love watching the action on the sports deck. It is louder when you are on the balcony, than the water views, but everyone has their own preferences. When the door is shut there are is no to little outside noise.

I hope this helps you out.

A link to my Oasis review with OS photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659

A link to my Harmony review with CLS photos. I linked to the page where they start at post 623.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421856&page=32

tremendous help. thanks again.

one last thing and then i can make an educated decision.

would i hear lots of noise in OS 14640 from splashaway bay above that suite.

ok now i am done and thanks....

I would not want to be directly below the pool deck. Deck chairs make lots of noise at day or night when dragged across the deck by crew or guests. I'd take an OS a floor lower to avoid that noise. Experienced it a few time on Princess ships, and it's not a fun way to wake at 6 am. DW pointed out that the kids pool closes at 6pm but it is cleaned during night time hours. There is also a lot of foot traffic above your head to consider during the day and less at night.

I just checked the deck plans and the space across the hall from this cabin shows blank areas with no rooms. This space should be where the pump motors and filtration are for the kids pool above. It should not cause any noise issues for your cabin. I did see it was a nice bump out cabin as well.

When you make your final decision let me know. These type of decisions are fun to make.:)

Edit: DW just said if choosing an OS go a floor lower to avoid that noise.

I would not want to be directly below the pool deck. Deck chairs make lots of noise at day or night when dragged across the deck by crew or guests. I'd take an OS a floor lower to avoid that noise. Experienced it a few time on Princess ships, and it's not a fun way to wake at 6 am. DW pointed out that the kids pool closes at 6pm but it is cleaned during night time hours. There is also a lot of foot traffic above your head to consider during the day and less at night.

I just checked the deck plans and the space across the hall from this cabin shows blank areas with no rooms. This space should be where the pump motors and filtration are for the kids pool above. It should not cause any noise issues for your cabin. I did see it was a nice bump out cabin as well.

When you make your final decision let me know. These type of decisions are fun to make.:)

Edit: DW just said if choosing an OS go a floor lower to avoid that noise.

OS left besides the one on deck 14...... 11640 right below the 4 bedroom family suite. so my mind goes to lots of jumping and lots of noise.

11244 which looks awesome but on the wrong side of ship. above the family suite on deck 10... not sure if that should play a factor...but that one does look nice..

thoughts??

making these decisions drives me nuts...lol

Edited by suss1234

We also prefer the aft facing staterooms for the same reason, but as far from the basketball court as possible. It seems as if there is someone bouncing a ball on the court every minute that it is open every day of the cruise, even when in port.

OS left besides the one on deck 14...... 11640 right below the 4 bedroom family suite. so my mind goes to lots of jumping and lots of noise.

11244 which looks awesome but on the wrong side of ship. above the family suite on deck 10... not sure if that should play a factor...but that one does look nice..

thoughts??

making these decisions drives me nuts...lol

Lol, I can only suggest. If it's wrong it's not my fault.:D

DW and I chatted and if forced to pick a starboard side OS we'd choose under the 4 bedroom family suite. Minimum guests is 8 maximum is 14. That number is much lower than the number of folks that would walk above you at the pool deck running and jumping. In the day time that could be 10 people in a minute not to mention people who are just sitting there.

I adapted a picture of the 4 bedroom suite and the chances are good that your bed would be under their bed. Worse case half of their common area could be under your bed.

ab6e357d522517e6dd61da23bc3fb5ae.jpg

Any deck 17 is above the WJ. After 15 cruises on that deck we have never heard any noise from the WJ. The port side OS that remains in theory should have no sound coming from the cabin below. In the same theory 11640 should have little sound from the cabin above. The sound does carry through from the pool deck from what I have been told and what we experienced from being under them on Princess.

What route are you sailing eastern or Western and what ports are you stopping at? It might make the port side OS more scenic than the starboard side.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Lol, I can only suggest. If it's wrong it's not my fault.:D

DW and I chatted and if forced to pick a starboard side OS we'd choose under the 4 bedroom family suite. Minimum guests is 8 maximum is 14. That number is much lower than the number of folks that would walk above you at the pool deck running and jumping. In the day time that could be 10 people in a minute not to mention people who are just sitting there.

I adapted a picture of the 4 bedroom suite and the chances are good that your bed would be under their bed. Worse case half of their common area could be under your bed.

ab6e357d522517e6dd61da23bc3fb5ae.jpg

Any deck 17 is above the WJ. After 15 cruises on that deck we have never heard any noise from the WJ. The port side OS that remains in theory should have no sound coming from the cabin below. In the same theory 11640 should have little sound from the cabin above. The sound does carry through from the pool deck from what I have been told and what we experienced from being under them on Princess.

What route are you sailing eastern or Western and what ports are you stopping at? It might make the port side OS more scenic than the starboard side.

st maarten, san juan and labadee...my concern would be a bunch of small kids going crazy above us for a week...lol

Edited by suss1234

st maarten, san juan and labadee...my concern would be a bunch of small kids going crazy above us for a week...lol

Starboard side should have the better views overall for that route. It might just be easier to go with the SL.:D No noise from below coming from the WJ and only a torrential rain will make noise from above, which makes a white noise only noticeable if you are really listening for it.

If it makes you feel better I only once ever heard noise from a neighbouring cabin, which was adjoining. It was one night of all of our cruises in total. My DW is a light sleeper and she has never been awaken by noises above or below other than the pool deck chairs being dragged.

I wish you luck with this decision. Maybe pack a few ear plugs for just in case.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Starboard side should have the better views overall for that route. It might just be easier to go with the SL.:D No noise from below coming from the WJ and only a torrential rain will make noise from above, which makes a white noise only noticeable if you are really listening for it.

If it makes you feel better I only once ever heard noise from a neighbouring cabin, which was adjoining. It was one night of all of our cruises in total. My DW is a light sleeper and she has never been awaken by noises above or below other than the pool deck chairs being dragged.

I wish you luck with this decision. Maybe pack a few ear plugs for just in case.:D

thanks again my friend...i went with CLS 1756..hope a good choice...maybe 52 or 54 will open up...

Your welcome. I hope it works out perfectly for you. :)

I was just thinking and figured you would have insight on this.

you said in the CLS you have 2 cabin attendants.

When I book the tips had been the same as when i booked a GS.

now i always tip extra for the cabin attendant but seems to me that if 2 in the CLS the prepaid tip should be a bit more than booking a GS.

Just curious what you did or how you tipped with extra attendant.

THANKS!!!

I was just thinking and figured you would have insight on this.

you said in the CLS you have 2 cabin attendants.

When I book the tips had been the same as when i booked a GS.

now i always tip extra for the cabin attendant but seems to me that if 2 in the CLS the prepaid tip should be a bit more than booking a GS.

Just curious what you did or how you tipped with extra attendant.

THANKS!!!

RC doesn't charge more for prepaid gratuities for two stewards VS one. The tips for the RLS and a GS are the exact same. We always tip over and above that amount. We give them each their own envelope with around $50 each. Sometimes we give more but never less. It really depends on what you feel like doing.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

RC doesn't charge more for prepaid gratuities for two stewards VS one. The tips for the RLS and a GS are the exact same. We always tip over and above that amount. We give them each their own envelope with around $50 each. Sometimes we give more but never less. It really depends on what you feel like doing.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

we always do an extra 50 as well...just wondering about it.

hey you thoughts on 11730 on harmony.....

we did 11330 on allure and thought it was amazing but we would have liked another sink. would you know if 2 sinks in 11730 on harmony. i might grab the 11730 over the CLS..the balconyfor us was worth almost worth the cruise price lol...howie and thanks

we always do an extra 50 as well...just wondering about it.

hey you thoughts on 11730 on harmony.....

we did 11330 on allure and thought it was amazing but we would have liked another sink. would you know if 2 sinks in 11730 on harmony. i might grab the 11730 over the CLS..the balconyfor us was worth almost worth the cruise price lol...howie and thanks

Howie you might want to watch this video I found on YouTube. It is of 11330, 1 bedroom ATS on Harmony of the Seas. It looks to now have two sinks in the bathroom. I'd still go CLS with the 2 full bathrooms as it is faster for getting ready at night and to be on deck 17. Just me though.:)

Andrew

Harmony 1 bedroom ATS video. 2 sinks and separate tub and shower.

[YOUTUBE]vKPuLEmzykw[/YOUTUBE]

For compare the Oasis 1 bedroom ATS video. Much different bathroom 1 sink and combined shower tub.

[YOUTUBE]zbPUzNZQUdk[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by A&L_Ont

Howie you might want to watch this video I found on YouTube. It is of 11330, 1 bedroom ATS on Harmony of the Seas. It looks to now have two sinks in the bathroom. I'd still go CLS with the 2 full bathrooms as it is faster for getting ready at night and to be on deck 17. Just me though.:)

Andrew

For compare the Oasis 1 bedroom ATS video. Much different bathroom 1 sink and combined shower tub.

i think you are right to go with the CLS. the 2 sinks we like in the harmony 11730 but we have done this suite already with 1 sink on allure when it was a GS. balcony is just incredible but we haven't done the CLS as of yet. i appreciate all the input. it makes me think ahead a bit. have a great day....h

Andrew

andrew,

i am holding a cabin on harmony for jan. 20 2018.....

this morning i see the entire cruise is sold out.

could that mean a company bought out most of the cabins and maybe some type of convention will be on it.

especailly because its western...i assume eastern sell out faster.

or could it be that it is sold out...

thanks

Edited by suss1234

andrew,

i am holding a cabin on harmony for jan. 20 2018.....

this morning i see the entire cruise is sold out.

could that mean a company bought out most of the cabins and maybe some type of convention will be on it.

especailly because its western...i assume eastern sell out faster.

or could it be that it is sold out...

thanks

Howie,

I just checked a couple of different sites that I know and it shows no cabins are available. I have read that sometimes when they do occupancy work it shows sold out. I have also read that when the ship is chartered it shows sold out or not showing access to your cruise planner. Since you don't have a booking number you can't log in to check.:confused:

I guess you can try calling RC to see you if your cabin on hold is still available, but it sounds like it may not be. Let me know what you find out. Hopefully it is OK.:eek:

Andrew