President's Cruise

Robb

The October trip is a Le Club Voyage cruise, they've renamed it and I understand whilst the CEO is onboard, the focus is on celebrating the brand etc. There are extra excursions you can only book through Le Club Voyage (follow the link from the website to see them). I was told there will be other "surprises" and they are keeping them as that - surprises. My thinking is onboard events etc. Personally because so much of my holidays these days are to "known quantities" I'm hoping things stay as "surprises" here.

I have booked one of the LCV excursions it was expensive but will be "special"

Larry has been advocating this itinerary for quite some time, and considering that he will celebrate a significant birthday during the cruise I expect that there be a few surprises. We, too, have booked the overnight camp excursion.

Thanks guys, I guess maybe it will be nice to have 'surprises'. We booked the October 24th cruise some time ago, not knowing at the time that it was a special cruise. We have not booked any of the special tours, just too expensive for our pocketbook-spent all that money on Emirates Air. :D We will have one night pre-cruise at Intercontinental Festival City. Really looking forward to being spoiled on Emirates Air.........limo service and all.

Like Robb I'm aware of the special (and very expensive) LCV tours. I'm curious to hear from those who have been on previous President's / LCV sailings as to what else (if anything) is different. It seems odd if the only difference between a President's / LCV cruise and a regular cruise is extra tours for purchase - that's hardly a selling argument.

Like Robb I'm aware of the special (and very expensive) LCV tours. I'm curious to hear from those who have been on previous President's / LCV sailings as to what else (if anything) is different. It seems odd if the only difference between a President's / LCV cruise and a regular cruise is extra tours for purchase - that's hardly a selling argument.

As Bill and I have said, there will be surprises. I would expect extra events onboard and I know the lovely LCV ambassador Nicole will be with us. I'm happy to know no more and be surprised.

As Bill and I have said, there will be surprises. I would expect extra events onboard and I know the lovely LCV ambassador Nicole will be with us. I'm happy to know no more and be surprised.

Sounds good! I too will be happy to have on board surprise events. We also booked before it was designated a LCV cruise.

Then stop reading this thread. The fact that you don't want to know the answer to my question doesn't mean I can't ask for an answer from others who took last year's voyage.

Ouch.............now, now.........be nice. :) ;) :D

Apologies, that was indeed not a very nice response from me. For some reason I can not delete the post any more.

That said, it also wasn't very nice to dismiss the question and I would still appreciate answers :)

Apologies, that was indeed not a very nice response from me. For some reason I can not delete the post any more.

That said, it also wasn't very nice to dismiss the question and I would still appreciate answers :)

Maybe there aren't any answers, if Azamara likes to surprise guests?

We haven't booked any of the special trips, due to cost, and because I don't yet know what our plans are for each port of call. I may visit the Roll Call to get a few ideas.

Whatever we do, I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Maybe there aren't any answers, if Azamara likes to surprise guests?

We haven't booked any of the special trips, due to cost, and because I don't yet know what our plans are for each port of call. I may visit the Roll Call to get a few ideas.

Whatever we do, I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Very fair and I totally agree it will be a absolutely great in any case :)

I guess there isn't anyone on here who went last year. Oh well - let's be surprised then!

Maybe everyone was sworn to secrecy! :) I too am curious but looking at the itinerary and the excursions we want to take I'm not sure how we will fit any thing else in... Including relaxing!

Edited by elusive_23

• 3 weeks later...

On the Le Club Voyage voyage, there will exciting and unique opportunities that will provide guests with immersive destination experiences. As mentioned above, there will also be some surprises (shhhh). Additionally, Le Club Voyage members can reserve these exclusive tours: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/2016lcvvoyage

Furthermore, not only will our President & CEO be joining us on this voyage, but he will be hosting a few of the tours. Hopefully you received the email from us with this exciting news. If not, feel free to contact me at LCVAmbassador@LeClubVoyage.com and I will be sure to send it your way!

As always, thank you for your loyalty and feedback!

Nicole Lukacs, your LCV Ambassador :)

I know some of you are on the same cruise as we are . I am ready here as well..........actually did some packing chores last week. I was sorting through all the stuff from our most recent trip and instead of packing it away in closets (you know, the stuff that you end up taking on all your trips) I sorted it out and laid it on the bed of one of our spare bed rooms. All ready to dump in the suitcase. :)

Waiting until the last minute to pack is not something that I can do. I am always finished with packing at least two weeks before departure. Just a little anal here. LOL :D :D

Stay cool for the rest of the summer...............

Edited by Robb

I was on the President's cruise in 2011 ( Barcelona to Rome). I don't know, but maybe it was their first one. It was nice to meet Larry and his wife, Sandy, and talk to them about Azamara and what we like and would want to see improved. Of course, that was five years ago. As for extras, they gave us a marvelous evening in Tuscany with dinner at a winery and the Three Tenors and had a few other parties. Since then, as you know, Azamara has their Azamara evening event on each sailing now. So perhaps your Azamara evening event will be extra special.

Fingers crossed some of these are still open to book once we are onboard. All looks great

I've booked everything I wanted to book (regular tours and LCV tours) and have decided to blow my onboard credit on wine instead :)