Is There a Process For Cruise Documents and Luggage Tags?

rallydave

We are really excited to be on Quest Aug 11 for the Norwegian Fjords cruise. We have been eagerly awaiting an e-mail from Azamara giving us the link for our luggage tags, we are in the US and the e-mail never came so we asked our TA and she got us the e-mail after Azamara stated that they had been send direct. Several other people on our cruise are having the same issue.

Was able to order our luggage tags about a week ago and today the following appeared and the link disappeared:

Luggage Tag Information: We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.

Have questioned Bonnie on this subject several times and don't believe she has been able to get an answer either.

Appreciate a response and hopefully a fix to the problem as on a thread we have had many different responses as to what the process, if any is so as new customers we are extremely confused and concerned that the majority of your customers are not on CC, imagine the anguish and frustration many of your customers are enduring.

Thanks,

Hi Dave,

I've moved your post to the main Azamara forum. My apologies... but I feel this is more of a general customer service issue, and should be directed to Bonnie.

I'm sure Bonnie will see your post, and hopefully provide a reply. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Hi Dave,

I've moved your post to the main Azamara forum. My apologies... but I feel this is more of a general customer service issue, and should be directed to Bonnie.

I'm sure Bonnie will see your post, and hopefully provide a reply. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Thanks for the explanation Andy but, if you won't leave it in the Larry question thread, you might as well delete this whole thread as am trying to get an answer and have tried several times with others chiming in regarding the same issues and unfortunately Bonnie doesn't understand the issue so thought I would elevate it to try and let the Executive Suite be aware of this significant issue and did read the statements about what was appropriate to ask and what wasn't and attempted to avoid the issues that are not supposed to be asked but, guess I didn't do a good job in your opinion so either move this back as believe this is a systemic issue on process and not a customer service issue and Larry needs to be aware and hopefully fix the significant disconnect or delete this thread as it really is a repeat of already active threads

Thanks for understanding Andy,.

Hi rallydave,

I sent off a request for clarification when you and I *spoke* the other day. This has been assigned to someone and is being prioritized into their workload. I am hopeful to have an answer for you by Tuesday, but I cannot promise given it is the holiday weekend. Please stay tuned.

Bonnie

Thanks for your reply Bonnie. We look forward to your next update !

And thanks to Rallydave, for sharing your insights. I hope there will be a favorable resolution.

RallyDave, I mentioned the same problem with Celebrity. Indeed, I kept checking to order luggage tags and the system finally denied me. I was resigned to getting none but Celebrity assured me that I would get them closer to the sail date.

One day in the mail, I received 4 sets. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to print them because I had changed cabins and the system on line did not update. So it was a total waste of paper etc.

Both lines seem to have the same computer glitches.

Extremely happy to report that our luggage tags arrived yesterday, less than a week after ordering them. Good job Azamara! Bonnie, it seems that pre-printed on the form is a comment; Please attach these ship bag tags to your luggage before leaving home Suggest this be changed to Please attach these ship bag tags to your luggage just before getting to your ship in your embarkation port Experienced cruisers never attach their ship bag tags to their luggage until just before getting to the ship. Putting on before leaving home puts the tags at risk of being torn off while in transit to the ship as well as providing prying eyes from the opportunity to view that you will be away from home for awhile and possibly notifying thieves of a valuable suitcase to steal from. Newbies not realizing the potential problems with attaching their luggage tags too soon will follow the cruise lines directions with possible bad results. Am posting this as a positive suggestion to limit risk to Azamara passengers in transit to their wonderful cruise. Thanks and looking forward to a response in the near future,

Edited by rallydave

• 3 weeks later...
Hi rallydave,

I sent off a request for clarification when you and I *spoke* the other day. This has been assigned to someone and is being prioritized into their workload. I am hopeful to have an answer for you by Tuesday, but I cannot promise given it is the holiday weekend. Please stay tuned.

Bonnie

Uh, Bonnie, finally found the above message from you. Seems you were hoping to have a response almost 3 weeks ago and have seen nothing from you. Seems almost 3 weeks should be enough time to sort out if there is or is not a process and get that back to your loyal customers. What reminded me of the issue that remains open was another poster who posted today about getting the e-mail from Azamara that many of us never got and that it didn't include the 16 page document but, did refer him to the Az website where he was able to order his luggage tags. Have come to the conclusion that there is no standard process and it is catch as catch can with different glitches happening to different people. Know that our on board experience which is now a little over 2 weeks away will be wonderful but, something needs to be done in Miami to provide even 50% of the onboard experience. Based on having cruised many different lines the home office seems to be very much the same for most of them. Hire newbies or what we called fresh outs who have no clue how the real world businesses operate, pay them a low wage such that they leave as soon as they get a little experience and they have the mess described here as well as many others. Certainly hope there is an answer available next week to help others. We were able to get all the answers thru our wonderful extremely active roll call and hope others are able to resolve these issues in spite of the Miami office.

Dave, thank you for bumping this thread! I hope Bonnie sees it.

After phoning Azamara yesterday I went line by line looking for mistakes in our three reservations on the website. Still no xpress passes. I hope our reservations were not flagged for a stupid reason. Lucky for us we don't need luggage tags and make do with carry-ons.

Dave, thank you for bumping this thread! I hope Bonnie sees it.

After phoning Azamara yesterday I went line by line looking for mistakes in our three reservations on the website. Still no xpress passes. I hope our reservations were not flagged for a stupid reason. Lucky for us we don't need luggage tags and make do with carry-ons.

Don't worry regardless. I never use luggage tags nor the XPress pass. The porters at the pier have luggage tags and check in takes only 1 minute longer without an XPress pass so taking 30 minutes to do the online check-in seems very inefficient to me...

I don't know how to copy a post sorry.

I have just posted in 'magically appearing luggage tag.'

Basically, the luggage tags are not available in the Uk, you simply print off the ones from your guest booklet.

We also ordered clear plastic luggage tags ( RCCL ) from Amazon. £8.99 for 8.

These fit the printed tags and are IMHO far more sucure than the sticky ones.

Hope this helps.

Florisdekort, Thank you. I wish I had only spent thirty minutes on this, but, yes, you are right it should be fine. After Delta moved my family of four to different seats away from each other on the flight to Amsterdam I started to have a case of nerves. I just need to chill.

When you complete your online check in there ought to be an opportunity to download the guest booklet. This can only be done after online check in.

There was an issue with our cruise and I had to ring our TA who rang Azamara. The booklets were sent by email within 10 minutes.

You then only need to print documents that you need. In our case flight, transfer details and luggage tags. We then copied luggage tags on picture print paper as this gives a stronger clearer luggage tag. I transfer our booklets to my iPhone along with my invoice, booked excursions etc just in case.

It is worth knowing if you have more than one cabin and are only registering one credit card for all the rooms you only need one pass.

Hope this helps.

Luggage tags are always available at the pier, no problem if you don't receive them or don't like the printed ones. You pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and the documents you receive you or your travel agent have to print. Oh, for the days of old with the excitement of receiving them in a nice little leatherette holder and it was so exciting to open and read them all. It is all a lot of work today for the cruiser who paid the money. Just my little rant.

When you complete your online check in there ought to be an opportunity to download the guest booklet. This can only be done after online check in.

There was an issue with our cruise and I had to ring our TA who rang Azamara. The booklets were sent by email within 10 minutes.

You then only need to print documents that you need. In our case flight, transfer details and luggage tags. We then copied luggage tags on picture print paper as this gives a stronger clearer luggage tag. I transfer our booklets to my iPhone along with my invoice.

Welshfamily,

How many weeks before you sailed did this appear?

Our cruise is in slightly less than 6 weeks.

I am concerned that I don't yet have vouchers for our return flight, day room and transport once we disembark in Montreal.

There was a post on the Celebrity Board (same system) that there's a problem in the UK at the moment but all is being resolved, we are 3 weeks until we board and still not available our TA thinks it should be available in the next or so, fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well it sure would be nice if Bonnie stepped up and let us know what is going on. Over 4 weeks ago she said a person in the home office had been assigned this task and to expect a response in a matter of a very few days and I posted about a week ago asking for a status and still no response. Starting to believe any support from the home office of any cruise line is near impossible and with our cruise little over 2 weeks away certainly am hoping all of the positives about the on board experience comes true and we are betting on that conclusion but, really have no hope about real customer service from any cruise line home offices. In spite of relatively no help from Miami, and lots of CC help we are pretty sure we have everything we need. Really too bad as you only have one chance to make a first impression.

I've posted this before as its a subject that seems to cause a lot of worry with some. There is absolutely no reason you need vouchers, airline confirmations or luggage tags on Azamara. Your name will be at the hotel for a stay there, the transfers when you arrive or depart will be with the agent and you can print off your boarding pass for the flights. Your passport here should be good enough anyway if you've entered your ID online. You can pick luggage labels at the pier and it's easy. Enter your details and print your XPress Pass to get you on the ship makes it easier. It's just not something to stress over. Done it LOTS of times.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Phil,

The Airport, Manchester then Heathrow only wanted our passports.

Re other vouchers, Do u think it depends on the port?

Last year in Istanbul when being transferred to the hotel we were asked for our transfer vouchers even though the young lady had our names on her list and there were only 8 of us being collected. This caused difficulties as we all only had hotel to port vouchers.

As you have stated the hotel only wanted our passports and no one asked for our transfer vouchers from Hotel to ship.

I have already mentioned our difficulties at the pier.

We were asked for our vouchers going back to the airport after the cruise and we had to fill in a list with our names and cabin numbers.

This year we have a transfer to and from Rome. It will be interesting to see if we are asked again.

Phil,

The Airport, Manchester then Heathrow only wanted our passports.

Re other vouchers, Do u think it depends on the port?

Last year in Istanbul when being transferred to the hotel we were asked for our transfer vouchers even though the young lady had our names on her list and there were only 8 of us being collected. This caused difficulties as we all only had hotel to port vouchers.

As you have stated the hotel only wanted our passports and no one asked for our transfer vouchers from Hotel to ship.

I have already mentioned our difficulties at the pier.

We were asked for our vouchers going back to the airport after the cruise and we had to fill in a list with our names and cabin numbers.

This year we have a transfer to and from Rome. It will be interesting to see if we are asked again.

Of course I can only speak from experience. I went through Istanbul three times last year, all with included air and transfers and was never asked for vouchers. I didn't have them. If they'd asked and because I didn't have them I'm sure they wouldn't have turned me away from the bus!;). Like Riocca I always have a copy email of my booking on my iPad just in case. I've never had to use it or DYKWIA yet:)

Phil