Magically appearing luggage tag tab?

CYNSport

I am a first timer on Azamara, all previous cruises have been on Celebrity. I recently completed the online check-in for a November cruise (after final payment) and printed the Express Pass. I know I am way too early to order luggage tags, but I'm surprised that there isn't a luggage tag order tab or button showing up (even if it isn't active yet, like on the Celebrity site). When the cruise documents are made available, does the luggage tag order button magically appear?

Thanks for any information.

Cynthia

Keep watching your email about 7 weeks before sail date.

Yesterday, at the 49-day mark before we sail AZ Quest, I received an email (from RCCL) that edocs were ready to view and print. I followed the attached link to My Azamara but didn't find any edocs there. But there was a new button to order luggage tags. It wasn't there before. I ordered tags and got a confirmation that my request had been received.

Keep watching your email about 7 weeks before sail date.

Yesterday, at the 49-day mark before we sail AZ Quest, I received an email (from RCCL) that edocs were ready to view and print. I followed the attached link to My Azamara but didn't find any edocs there. But there was a new button to order luggage tags. It wasn't there before. I ordered tags and got a confirmation that my request had been received.

Thank you!

By your board name I am assuming you live in Tampa.

However if you live elsewhere I.e. Not in the States, you may not receive any notification. After reading these boards we asked our TA to sort out the guest booklet as we couldn't access it from our reservation. He had no trouble.

Also luggage labels are only available in the States, not sure about Canada.

In the Uk luggage labels must be printed off from the guest booklet. Very easy to do. Excellent clear plastic luggage tags available from Amazon £8.99 for 8. These fit the luggage tags perfectly and are far more secure than the sticky ones provided.

By your board name I am assuming you live in Tampa.

However if you live elsewhere I.e. Not in the States, you may not receive any notification. After reading these boards we asked our TA to sort out the guest booklet as we couldn't access it from our reservation. He had no trouble.

Also luggage labels are only available in the States, not sure about Canada.

In the Uk luggage labels must be printed off from the guest booklet. Very easy to do. Excellent clear plastic luggage tags available from Amazon £8.99 for 8. These fit the luggage tags perfectly and are far more secure than the sticky ones provided.

Thank you. Yes, I am in Tampa, but I bought the plastic tags a while back when Celebrity was having problems with luggage tags. So, I am ready either way :)

Cheers!

Thank you. Yes, I am in Tampa, but I bought the plastic tags a while back when Celebrity was having problems with luggage tags. So, I am ready either way :)

Cheers!

Just for the record you may or may not receive an e-mail notifying you that you can order luggage tags. And you may or may not receive a copy of the documents with the e-mail you may or may not receive. As Floris has stated, not necessary to receive either the documents or the luggage tags but, sure would be nice if AZ had a real process and followed it in all cases as lately there have been many variances in what people have or have not received. Still waiting on an answer to these issues that is way past due. Suggest about six weeks or so before your cruise you have your TA contact AZ and get a copy of the e-mail containing a pdf of the document and link to the luggage tags. Consider yourself lucky if you get the e-mail directly from AZ. Can't wait to get on the ship to the excellent on board service that can't seem to be provided by Miami.

Just for the record you may or may not receive an e-mail notifying you that you can order luggage tags. And you may or may not receive a copy of the documents with the e-mail you may or may not receive. As Floris has stated, not necessary to receive either the documents or the luggage tags but, sure would be nice if AZ had a real process and followed it in all cases as lately there have been many variances in what people have or have not received. Still waiting on an answer to these issues that is way past due. Suggest about six weeks or so before your cruise you have your TA contact AZ and get a copy of the e-mail containing a pdf of the document and link to the luggage tags. Consider yourself lucky if you get the e-mail directly from AZ. Can't wait to get on the ship to the excellent on board service that can't seem to be provided by Miami.

Thanks RallyDave. As a frequent Celebrity cruiser, I have experienced things that may or may not occur :D. I check the on line registration starting about 50 days out. I have often discovered the cruise docs and ordered luggage tags long before getting the email from my TA. I have never received an email from Celebrity saying docs are ready. Looking forward to Azamara's legendary on board service :)

As Floris has stated, not necessary to receive either the documents or the luggage tags but, sure would be nice if AZ had a real process and followed it in all cases as lately there have been many variances in what people have or have not received.

Just repeating my earlier note that the documents ARE necessary for those who have booked pre- or post-cruise transfers and/or hotel stays with AZ directly. The vouchers for those bookings are in the PDF.

Just repeating my earlier note that the documents ARE necessary for those who have booked pre- or post-cruise transfers and/or hotel stays with AZ directly. The vouchers for those bookings are in the PDF.

Honestly, you don't need them. In all my Azamara cruises they are superfluous. You are on "the list". Save a tree!

Phil

Sorry hrhdhd, i forgot about those documents in the pdf probably because we never buy those overpriced extras from any cruise line. Always less expensive and easier to buy those ourselves. Our cruise is in about 2 weeks and still absolutely no links to the documents on the AZ website here in the US. Again, highly recommend if you haven't received the e-mail notification by about 50 days pre-cruise, immediately get your TA involved and get that e-mail and then you can decide whether you need to print all, part, or none of that pdf. Really a shame that such an easy process about sending the pdf or a link to the pdf on line cannot be done consistently by a cruise line with such excellent on board customer service that charges such high per diems. Sorry excited, there is some information in those documents that is NOT available anyplace else and how can we trust that "we are on the list" when they cannot even provide a link to the documents without effort on our part. And, don't have to print it and can save those trees that will die eventually anyway by putting the document on our electronic devices. It's the not being provided even a link to those documents that is completely unacceptable!!!!

Sorry hrhdhd, i forgot about those documents in the pdf probably because we never buy those overpriced extras from any cruise line. Always less expensive and easier to buy those ourselves. Our cruise is in about 2 weeks and still absolutely no links to the documents on the AZ website here in the US. Again, highly recommend if you haven't received the e-mail notification by about 50 days pre-cruise, immediately get your TA involved and get that e-mail and then you can decide whether you need to print all, part, or none of that pdf. Really a shame that such an easy process about sending the pdf or a link to the pdf on line cannot be done consistently by a cruise line with such excellent on board customer service that charges such high per diems. Sorry excited, there is some information in those documents that is NOT available anyplace else and how can we trust that "we are on the list" when they cannot even provide a link to the documents without effort on our part. And, don't have to print it and can save those trees that will die eventually anyway by putting the document on our electronic devices. It's the not being provided even a link to those documents that is completely unacceptable!!!!

Ha ha! You do your thing and I'll do mine, but to me it's a lot of fuss over nothing. I talk from experience and know of what I speak, but you can take it or leave it;)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

We're now a bit over 60 days out. We are in Canada. I haven't completed the check-in, will do that soon (just the credit card left to do.)

I'm hoping for the cruise guide at least (luggage tags are trivial, let's face it.) I may not even print the cruise guide, but it would be nice to have the PDF, since I'm sure it will tell us things we didn't know (first time Az cruisers.) Wish us luck!

Our last Azamara cruise was a little less than a year ago...I printed our boarding passes and edocs, but the luggage tags never arrived. We were met at the dock area by an agent who immediately tagged and took charge of our bags. Easy, peasy. This was in Copenhagen. I'll admit to having been a little nervous, but seriously, if you've a boarding pass, you're on the list!!!

Ha ha! You do your thing and I'll do mine, but to me it's a lot of fuss over nothing. I talk from experience and know of what I speak, but you can take it or leave it;)

Phil

Agree. Never received or printed "documents" for an Azamara cruise and never had an issue. Always ordered and received luggage tags, but would have had them tagged at the dock if I hadn't.

Would it be nice to have a more "orderly" process? Sure. But should we create angst with newbies over this? No way.