Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Looking for any info on Divina cabin 10238. Couch or upper berth? Size? All info appreciated. Thank you.

As it says on the deck plan, you will have an upper berth. Assuming you booked because you need a handicapped cabin? It will look like this, which is cabin 10054:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

EM

• 1 month later...

Just an alert for all who have a 'B' category ... just got back today from a Divina cruise and was deeply disappointed the first day to discover we had a cabin with no sofa - and the photos showed that our cabin did indeed have a sofa. We spent 3 or 4 hours the first day trying to get this straightened out (cabin13170).

The two other couples who traveled with us also were upset to find this bit of deception - they to had booked what they thought was a cabin with a sofa, only to discover when they arrived that the cabin had room only for a bed and a desk - no sofa.

After much haggling - and at approximately 9 p.m. - the guest relations people moved us to three adjoining rooms which were the larger size and had sofas (mine was 11024).

The explanation? Those rooms were normally only for people who needed accommodations for 3 or 4 people. We had only two people in each room, therefore, it was reasoned, we should be happy with the smaller rooms. It mattered not that the price for both rooms were the same. And they could not release the new rooms until after 5 p.m., when they could be certain that the larger rooms would not be needed by a 3-person or 4-person group.

By the way, don't get out the heavy artillery and start flaming me - we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, even though the first day was pretty much a wash-out. But - just be certain when you book a 'B' cabin that you have one large enough for a sofa.

Multiple comments to this one. That cabin and all in that section (13130 through 13178) only have a chair. That's on every deck and both sides of the ship. Shame on your travel agent for not knowing that. It's common knowledge.

And even more shame for Guest Relations having no clue of what they speak. None of those cabins hold any more than two people.

And finally, shame on MSC for not making those smaller balcony cabins Bella instead of Fantastica. Deck 11 and down they are considered Bella (i.e. less expensive).

Bret

Just an alert for all who have a 'B' category ... just got back today from a Divina cruise and was deeply disappointed the first day to discover we had a cabin with no sofa - and the photos showed that our cabin did indeed have a sofa. We spent 3 or 4 hours the first day trying to get this straightened out (cabin13170).

The two other couples who traveled with us also were upset to find this bit of deception - they to had booked what they thought was a cabin with a sofa, only to discover when they arrived that the cabin had room only for a bed and a desk - no sofa.

After much haggling - and at approximately 9 p.m. - the guest relations people moved us to three adjoining rooms which were the larger size and had sofas (mine was 11024).

The explanation? Those rooms were normally only for people who needed accommodations for 3 or 4 people. We had only two people in each room, therefore, it was reasoned, we should be happy with the smaller rooms. It mattered not that the price for both rooms were the same. And they could not release the new rooms until after 5 p.m., when they could be certain that the larger rooms would not be needed by a 3-person or 4-person group.

By the way, don't get out the heavy artillery and start flaming me - we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, even though the first day was pretty much a wash-out. But - just be certain when you book a 'B' cabin that you have one large enough for a sofa.

You should of looked at the deck plans and it clearly shows the size difference.

Multiple comments to this one. That cabin and all in that section (13130 through 13178) only have a chair. That's on every deck and both sides of the ship. Shame on your travel agent for not knowing that. It's common knowledge.

And even more shame for Guest Relations having no clue of what they speak. None of those cabins hold any more than two people.

And finally, shame on MSC for not making those smaller balcony cabins Bella instead of Fantastica. Deck 11 and down they are considered Bella (i.e. less expensive).

Bret

So very true Bret.

Bret

Actually, the ones with only a chair are those with a tub. Those cabins do not even have a chair.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

That was one of the problems I had with MSC from the beginning. I had a rear facing balcony then all of a sudden I saw they changed me to one of the smaller cabins., I believe 12170 (cant quite remember) They said I changed it on line but others told me that was impossible. It was worked out and I went by to the read from deck 10 to deck 11 right above where I was originally. It is difficult to get info from Customer Service. I leave next weekend and now I have everything printed out to show when I get on board. I just do not trust their system.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Any info on Divina cabin 8224?

Thanks!

8224 is a Bella balcony, standard size, with a very large balcony but with a limited view aft. Great view straight ahead and forward. Looking down, you will see a promenade area and lifeboats. EM

Has anyone got any info on cabin 13087 slightly worried if it gets no sun on this balcony. also would it be noisy from the aqua park above. any photos of where this cabin is positioned would be greatly appreciated. not sure if I should try and change cabins or not. First time to cruise and its a surprise for hubby so want to be in a good location.

Has anyone got any info on cabin 13087 slightly worried if it gets no sun on this balcony. also would it be noisy from the aqua park above. any photos of where this cabin is positioned would be greatly appreciated. not sure if I should try and change cabins or not. First time to cruise and its a surprise for hubby so want to be in a good location.

It is a cabin in he recessed area and will be badly affected by the deck 14 overhang. and will only get sun when it is low in the sky.

here is an image of its location

13087.jpg

As is clearly visible all the deck 13 cabins in the recessed area are in shade

here is an image of the overhang taken from a deck 12 cabin

overhang%203.jpg

AS for overhead noise. the cabin is directly under the aqua park so will get noise when the pool is in use. Ask yourself whether you are likely to be in your cabin during these times. The answer is probably no. The other time that noise will be heard is early in the morning as the sunbeds are moved into position

:oThanks for your reply. Been offered the following

Would you pick any of these rather than 13087 was worried with connecting door too

I've answered this on your other thread

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little wooried after reading these posts. I booked Bella cabin 10162, which I thought had a sofa? Does this cabin not have a sofa? Also is it much smaller than the Fantasia cabins? Should I attempt to buy the upgrade? Brett you seem to be the resident expert, what say you????? Thanks

I am a little wooried after reading these posts. I booked Bella cabin 10162, which I thought had a sofa? Does this cabin not have a sofa? Also is it much smaller than the Fantasia cabins? Should I attempt to buy the upgrade? Brett you seem to be the resident expert, what say you????? Thanks

Which ship? If you are on Divina, you will NOT have a couch. Or even a chair except for the stool at the vanity. And a narrower balcony. EM

This is the cabin next door, 10158:

enhance

enhance

enhance

You do not need to upgrade to Fantastica, just change cabin location to a cabin not on that hump.

Edited by Essiesmom

If we are talking about Divina there are 4 types of Bella balcony cabins

1) Small ones 148 sq ft with a 34 sq ft balcony ( all of this type are on the central hump)

2) Juliet balcony cabins (the aft deck 13 cabins\)

3) Standard cabins with an "in hull" balcony ( all deck 8 and deck 9 balcony cabins on the forward hump and rearmost 3 cabins on the rear hump)

4) Standard cabins 192 sq ft with a balcony of 42 sq ft

In this category there are :-

a) some with limited views because of lifeboats ( recessed area of deck 8), or

b) to a greater or lesser degree have limited fields of view by being in the recessed area

c) finally there are those which have good views and are those on the rear hump except the rearmost 2 or 3 cabins which are "in hull".

So to stay Bella you need to get a cabin on the rear hump to avoid any of the disadvantages outlined above

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you might say this is as clear as mud lol

I am booked in cabin 13173....so is it true....

The cabin is smaller

There is no sofa

And it is in the shade all the time because of the overhang

Please say it isn’t so

Fantastica cabin on Divina....:confused:

Thanks so very much

Yes, you might say this is as clear as mud lol

I am booked in cabin 13173....so is it true....

The cabin is smaller True

There is no sofa True

And it is in the shade all the time because of the overhang Because you are on the central hump the overhang is smaller and you will get some direct sunshine on your balcony

Please say it isn’t so

Fantastica cabin on Divina....:confused:

Thanks so very much

Sorry to back up most of your fears

Pete