MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

The deck plans make it look so much bigger than 280 soft for the aft suites....they look almost twice the size of a regular balcony. Definitely bigger by far than the YC suite. Any confirmation of size? I'm deciding today which to get and today's the deadline...YC suite or Aft Suite. Sorry if it has already been mentioned. I've tried to keep up but this is a monster size thread! Lol

I'm new to MSC so trying to learn what I can. What do you get with the aft suite vs. the YC?

I understand the aft balconies are much larger (we sail on them on RCCL) but do you get anything else

that would sway you one way or the other? While we do spend some time on our balcony, we don't do it

enough during the day to make the choice hard for us but if you prefer to spend your days there then

I guess I would keep the aft. Fun decisions. Let us know what you decide.

Odd that they no longer send you your Card via the post

I am fine with receiving a "virtual" card via e-mail when signing up, as well as getting a physical key card (with loyalty status) when I board the ship. Disney Cruise Line has had the same protocol in place for more than 15 years. This saves the company money, which saves the customer money, while also reducing waste. :)

Yes, we are both Black card, so we can get two specialty dinners, that is great. Thank you. Are the Black card dinners only for certain restaurants? What is the signature restaurant on MSC? Is there a steakhouse? I will book above with concierge in YC, is that correct?

Also, for the other specialty restaurants, I would prebook on line but not book date/time? Seems so redundant to have to get on the ship and then still book a date and time when I could have done it online. I would also do this with concierge too, is that also correct?

Yes, your complimentary Black Card dinner(s) will be offered in select restaurants - but those are not known as of yet. There is a steakhouse on MSC Seaside (Butcher's Cut).

If you log into your MSC account, you should be able to see promotions for specialty dining at specific restaurants. I would not book restaurants until you know which restaurants will offer complimentary Black Card dining, as you do not have to book your complimentary Black Card dining online (refer to post #1577). You only book online when you will be paying for specialty dining. Personally, I will wait for the ship to shake things out, then look for reviews of the restaurants before I book (pay for) specialty dining. While Yacht Club can certainly book reservations with concierge, I do not believe you would receive the online booking discount (complimentary gratuities) or special promotions.

[redundant] You are merely paying for your dining in advance, and make the physical reservation once onboard. I realize most other cruise lines enable you to book a specific date and time in advance - perhaps that will happen at a late date. I have planned cruises ad nauseam (including specialty dining), only to change the date and time once I boarded the ship. My experience on the Divina has been that the specialty dining restaurants almost always have available seating, as many passengers do not seem willing to pay for specialty dining. Of those who are Black Card, many seem to wait until the last days of the cruise to make their reservation. On the other hand, I believe this model will change dramatically on the Seaside.

Italian specialty dining and Galaxy
Ristorante Italia and Galaxy are on the Divina. Here is a quick link to an overview of some of the restaurants:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Restaurants.aspx

Yes, your complimentary Black Card dinner(s) will be offered in select restaurants - but those are not known as of yet. There is a steakhouse on MSC Seaside (Butcher's Cut).

If you log into your MSC account, you should be able to see promotions for specialty dining at specific restaurants. I would not book restaurants until you know which restaurants will offer complimentary Black Card dining, as you do not have to book your complimentary Black Card dining online (refer to post #1577). You only book online when you will be paying for specialty dining. Personally, I will wait for the ship to shake things out, then look for reviews of the restaurants before I book (pay for) specialty dining. While Yacht Club can certainly book reservations with concierge, I do not believe you would receive the online booking discount (complimentary gratuities) or special promotions.

[redundant] You are merely paying for your dining in advance, and make the physical reservation once onboard. I realize most other cruise lines enable you to book a specific date and time in advance - perhaps that will happen at a late date. I have planned cruises ad nauseam (including specialty dining), only to change the date and time once I boarded the ship. My experience on the Divina has been that the specialty dining restaurants almost always have available seating, as many passengers do not seem willing to pay for specialty dining. Of those who are Black Card, many seem to wait until the last days of the cruise to make their reservation. On the other hand, I believe this model will change dramatically on the Seaside.

Ristorante Italia and Galaxy are on the Divina. Here is a quick link to an overview of some of the restaurants:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Restaurants.aspx

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this all to me. I very much appreciate it! Thank you!

Wow this thread has gotten WAY off topic. As I am subscribed to it to see actual interior renderings and wouldn't be scanning 81 pages about black card status entitlements and itinerary changes due to hurricanes, can I request that new threads are started for anything not related to actual interior renderings and stateroom / floorplan / construction updates?

Wow this thread has gotten WAY off topic. As I am subscribed to it to see actual interior renderings and wouldn't be scanning 81 pages about black card status entitlements and itinerary changes due to hurricanes, can I request that new threads are started for anything not related to actual interior renderings and stateroom / floorplan / construction updates?

I agree. I'm fine with something going off topic here or there . But I haven't seen talk of interior renderings in a while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spastica ... As MSC appear to be unwilling/unable to release material for us to discuss regarding Seaside including Aft and Grand suites people are looking for other info, while I would prefer these to be in other threads at least these discussions are keeping this one on the main board.

Spastica ... As MSC appear to be unwilling/unable to release material for us to discuss regarding Seaside including Aft and Grand suites people are looking for other info, while I would prefer these to be in other threads at least these discussions are keeping this one on the main board.

So true, Dave. This thread would have died a death waiting for any oxygen from MSC.

For those of you that have been on MSC and following them for some time, was the release of Interior (and Exterior) Renderings for Devina the same as Seaside has been going? The holding back of information regarding Seaside by MSC is just mind boggling to me. Again I use Celebrity Edge as an example. There is a whole fact sheet out there with renderings and other data. And like Seasside, Edge is first ship in a new class of ships.

Hi guys

We are a party of 4 on a b2b (seaside), all black card...

Finally 4 times spec restaurants per week, right?

No. Each person gets dinner for 2 people, so a total of 8 spots. Same 2 meals per person (per week?) if you're a party of 4. And that assumes that MSC counts it as 2 cruises and not 1.

And I don't understand why this thread has regressed into a generic MSC thread. This is not the place for questions like that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

And I don't understand why this thread has regressed into a generic MSC thread. This is not the place for questions like that.

I refer you to post 1607 !

I don't really understand what you were saying in that post. But even if you were saying that this should be a generic thread about Seaside interiors and cabins, I would argue that Black Card free dining has nothing to do with "Interior Renderings".

... I don't understand why this thread has regressed into a generic MSC thread. This is not the place for questions like that.

A rendering is typically a sketch, painting or detailed drawing. Since the ship has been built, does this mean pictures and video of the ship (including the exterior) should or should not be part of the thread? I agree with Sunkissed Mommy (#1606), we "haven't seen talk of interior renderings in a while."

Well, at least some appreciate the answers and information being provided. When some have provided information on a rendering, others have criticized the information. Does anyone have interior renderings of the ship to share at this point? Since construction updates and discussion of specific suites are not renderings, should they be relegated to another thread?

I would argue that Black Card free dining has nothing to do with "Interior Renderings".

Yet you engaged in discussion regarding Black Card entitlements?

So true, Dave. This thread would have died a death waiting for any oxygen from MSC.

That one made me chuckle, thank you :). I suspect there are many like me who are waiting for information about seaside before committing. MSC is just a little too much of a wild card for me to commit without solid info. The passenger space ratio on this ship (much like the Merg.) has me very cautious.

Regarding the video link, on both sides of the ship there appears to be a ladder right smack dab in the middle of the aft view cabins. Anyone know if this is temporary? That would bug the heck out of me personally.

That one made me chuckle, thank you :). I suspect there are many like me who are waiting for information about seaside before committing. MSC is just a little too much of a wild card for me to commit without solid info. The passenger space ratio on this ship (much like the Merg.) has me very cautious.

Regarding the video link, on both sides of the ship there appears to be a ladder right smack dab in the middle of the aft view cabins. Anyone know if this is temporary? That would bug the heck out of me personally.

The “ladders “ are automated balcony screen washers that move up and down the length of the ship. I hope they aren’t positioned there when not in use

The “ladders “ are automated balcony screen washers that move up and down the length of the ship. I hope they aren’t positioned there when not in use

The makes total sense. I think this is a picture of how the automatic window washers are stored on the Divina. They wrap around the side. Might be a bit of an obstruction on the wrap around part of the aft suite balconies, but I doubt they would be positioned there permanently.

320681385335775.jpg

It is likely that the wash machines will go into the recess by the side of the aft lifts beyond the aft balconies.

As far as renderings go the ship is way beyond that stage and has been for quite some time though it appears that some people still think there will be some!

As for photos, the cabins are sealed so no one has access in order to prevent damage and for cleanliness.

I have posted a few some pages back of a balcony cabin that was used the last time people were allowed onboard along with a recent one showing emergency exit details.

The ship is a long way from finished and one photo I have seen from Thursday shows that to be true, others I have in my possession show areas down below but as they are not renderings will not be posted .... :rolleyes:

This thread would be pages down was it not for the other discussions keeping it on the first page.