New to MSC what should we expect? Going on the Divina Oct.14th

lovestwocruise

We cruise Carnival often. Just completed my 50th cruise with them but it's time for a change. I guess I want to know what to expect. We are really laid back and go with the flow. What are the must do's and don't miss on the Divina? We are sailing for my 50th Birthday and were thinking about a photo package, so if you have ever done one what or which one is the best deal? We love to try different dining options, so which ones should we not miss.

Just looking for any advice for a first timer on this line. Any advice?

Agree with Beamafar - make sure you do the status match.

We are also long time Carnival cruisers and have now been on Divina two times and thoroughly enjoyed it.

- variety of nationalities

- evening shows wonderful

- ship elegant / clean

- all of the bars/lounges have live entertainment throughout the evening

- Sports Bar has free food all day long - tried almost everything - was great

- dining room food - no complaints - this past week had some of the best steak we have ever had on a cruise in MDR

- did Eataly Steakhouse - not elegant - rather a 'country' feel - mental chairs - red/white colors - some love it - we would not repeat

- enjoyed daily dance class - usually on Deck 16 late morning

- you will hear all of the announcements in up to six different languages

- Captain Massa outstanding - we were on Irma cruise and he was superb as was all the staff

- no bar service in Main Lounge during shows so if you want a beverage you need to get it ahead of time and take with

- limited waiters walking about the pool deck - most people go to bar to get their beverages - this is quite different from Carnival

Both times we have had a great experience. I hope the same for you. We now seem to go between Carnival and MSC. Love to cruise.

I agree with everything above and we also just came off the Irma cruise and previously had cruised with Carnival. Biggest difference we saw was that Divina was a bit more laid back and quieter, where Carnival is overstimulating sometimes with so much going on at once and more of a party atmosphere. We liked both lines, just for different reasons. We spent most of our time at the Garden Pool (adult only) and the waitstaff there was very attentive, go see Julius or Ray up there, they were our favorite waiters. I don't think we had a bad meal the entire 12 days we were on the ship and we thought there was a good variety for many different tastes. I was a little worried about the buffet after reading reviews but really the only day we had any issues finding a table was at embarkation because everyone was there at the same time. But other wise we were always able to find a table, you may just have to walk toward the back a ways. The pizza is fantastic also, we did try the Eataly pizza and it was good but I don't think it's a must have since the free pizza at the buffet was so good. I was also a big fan of the macaroons and they were only 90¢ each so a cheap splurge. Don't skip the shows, even ones that you think you won't be interested in because they are all fantastic. As long as you do your research and go in with an open mind then you'll probably love it, I find most of the things people complain about are either kind of petty or they just didn't do enough research ahead of time and it wasn't what they were used to.

We are on the October 14th sailing as

Well. Make sure you sign up for the meet and greet. Just watching the news where the Gov. Of Puerto Rico is discussing the newest hurricane. HOpe they do not suffer anymore damage and we don't lose this port as well as St. Maarten. MY sister. In. Law is from this island

And excited about being will be our "tour guide".

we will be on the 14th as well. We are new to MSC TOO. This will be my wifes second cruise and my fifth. her first experience was on carnival paridise so i know she is gonna love this ship. She loved paridise but after legend i felt a little claustrophobic not to mention the ship rocked the whole time, first for me. she thinks all ship do that so hopefully we will get a smooth cruise with less motion. so excited. this is a surprise for her she has no idea where we are going at all let alone a cruise.